Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 451 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 351 401 441 449 450 451 452 453 461 501 551 951 ... LastLast
Results 11,251 to 11,275 of 27563

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Looking at eBay's sold listings I see a copy that was listed at $160 (but Best Offer was accepted) and one that ended at $116. Lots of cheaper ones as well (later printings and/or copies in rough shape, though). I'm not looking to start a debate on the condition of the $160 and $116 copies - I'm sure the $299 copy is in better shape - but that alone would never justify (again, IMO) a premium of $140.

I'm used to seeing copies of Rage go for >$200, not any of the other Bachman titles. Like Bob, I'm not really following them either so I may be wrong. But personally, I think you were very lucky to sell one for $350. I certainly don't think that is the actual market value...
    No worries, debates are fine by me

That 160 you point out, was a good deal, underpriced and someone jumped on it, imo.
    The 116 copy had a $2 something price on it, so, not a first edition. I see those all the time, and I think those are what people commonly see sell, and then have the opinion that that is what a true first goes for.

I don't think I was lucky to sell mine at 350--it wasn't the first I've sold at that price. It didn't take long to sell either. If I ever got a flawless copy I'd ask for 400, maybe more. Nice copies are super rare.

Gunslinger Apprentice Ivo will become famous soon enough Ivo will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused

It seems the Longwalk has become more popular than Roadwork and Running man because of the story being simular to the Hunger Games story.

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Anyone ever have any experience with a faked Ebay bidder ruining an auction? I've got a bidder (ballard712013) on two auctions for the same thing with an ID created yesterday and I'm suspicious.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190881347413...84.m1555.l2649

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonaldj View Post
    Anyone ever have any experience with a faked Ebay bidder ruining an auction? I've got a bidder (ballard712013) on two auctions for the same thing with an ID created yesterday and I'm suspicious.

You can modify your auction only allowing people with under #? Positives to contact you first before bidding. You can always cancel someone's bid, also. With a time sensitive auction I would contact them and ensure that they are really going to pay.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonaldj View Post

Why suspicious? Perhaps they are new to Ebay and when desiring what you are selling someone suggested checking Ebay.... and you had two options for what they are looking for. That bidder also is bidding on another auction for the same items (as much as $175). ALSO: You actually have two bidders bidding on both offerings.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I and a friend both sold Colorado tickets to new ebay users.

I pretty much figured they set up accounts solely to get those tickets...which is probably the case with your bidder.

Why on earth would a seller require a bidder to have a certain feedback rating to bid on their auction?.....that always perplexes me when I see someone put that caveat in their auction.

We all started with a zero rating..and if the bidder does not pay you, you get your final value fee back and offer it to the underbidder...so what is the big deal?

I am glad I only bought four tickets to the Cambridge event...the market is flooded with them right now, and prices are in the toilet...a great time to buy if you are in the market for some.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

I have to agree. In thousands of ebay transactions I have never have a sour experience with a new user. Maybe it was a problem with scammers many years ago?

I know ebay takes flack for monopolizing the payment system, but as far as security goes, it's much safer for all involved to have an electronic payment system with proof of payment of literally every single sale.
    No more money order/cash payments means no more money order scammers and no more ebay having to try to figure out who is telling the truth.

I really like the current system.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For someone who has had a no pay buyer, it is frustrating going through the process to get your listing fees back. Yes, you get them eventually. My point was that if its a sale without payment and the event passes what is he to do with useless tickets? There are weeks of waiting to see if the buyer will pay, then respond to ebay requests, then refund. Meanwhile other sellers are recouping their money.

I'm not saying this person won't pay, but I would still contact them if it were me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    For someone who has had a no pay buyer, it is frustrating going through the process to get your listing fees back. Yes, you get them eventually. My point was that if its a sale without payment and the event passes what is he to do with useless tickets? There are weeks of waiting to see if the buyer will pay, then respond to ebay requests, then refund. Meanwhile other sellers are recouping their money.

I'm not saying this person won't pay, but I would still contact them if it were me.
    You're right to be at least somewhat concerned for that type of item. I've never sold tickets or something that is worth nothing after a certain date.

If it were me I'd require payment at checkout, so they can't even buy the tickets (i.e. remove them from your inventory) unless they pay for them. If you're doing a BIN sale you can do that, anyways.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I think they are good but I had to look at them a few times to make up my mind. I'm not 100% sure. Something is different. Perhaps too legible? I found myself giving the benefit of the doubt to the seller who has a stellar reputation.
    They look better on my desktop then they did on my note book computer but I agree that somethings seems different. Could be Im too used to seeing the recent messy King sigs
    reality continues to ruin my life

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by neosatus View Post
    NF The Long Walk - 300 BIN / MaO - http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Long-Wal...item3a83be181f
    Price is spot on for the condition.
    Shocked. When I opened the link I was expecting to find it signed. Beautiful copy but amazed the value as increased so much
    reality continues to ruin my life

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Bulk lot of six limited editions (not signed).
    Starting at $199

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151099528753...84.m1555.l2649

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171097829340...84.m1438.l2649

Odd...No King signature for THE STAND S/L??? A tragedy.
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegunslinger41 View Post

That one would probably be worth getting and then trying to get King's signature.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Shocking 2 bids and over $1K already.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Subterranean Press is having a 50% Off in Print Books sale.

From the email:
    "It seems to me it's been a while since we've done a large in-print sale, and we find ourselves with a slight lull in shipping this week, so here you go.

Until 10:00 am EST Tuesday, all in-print SubPress books are 50% off. (The only exception to this is Dan Simmons' The Fall of Hyperion).

To take advantage, please fill your shopping cart, and check out. The discount will automatically be applied.

Now, for a few rules.

Postage is not discounted;
    Limit of one copy per title;
    Other publishers' books and forthcoming titles are not discounted;
    This special may not be applied to past orders;
    This special may not be combined with any other specials or coupons.

That's it. Some of the books we're offering are down in single digit inventory territory, so please don't hesitate to get your order in."

I wish I had the money to get these:

locke_key_crown_of_shadows_limited_lettered

locke_key_head_games_limited
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Would be odd though to have S.King's newer "cramped signature" on there instead of this nicer one that is standard with THE STAND S/L. I for one would have second thoughts about purchasing it....then spending ???$$$$ in attempting to get to a King signing. Not worth the time or $$ spent IMO. Thoughts?

G
    NEED:

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe the buyer could try contacting SK's office and see if he'll sign it since it should have been there when initially shipped however many years ago. I got a copy of Christine that was missing Stephen Gervais' signature and he gladly signed it for me, had it back in less than a week.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That thought had come across my mind as well subie09lega.
    NEED:

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think King would sign it.
    The numbers look the same as the image in our catalog.
    Look at the zero in the auction book, then look at this zero:

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

That's really unfortunate that it isn't signed, but I would hope that King would take care of that.
    Are those really the best photos the seller could take?
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't buy the book presuming King would sign it. It isn't easy to just send an email to Marsha (one of King's assistant's) and even hope for a response.
    If you bought it and took it to the King event in Canada where you get one book signed by SK, I would think he would sign it-you could even try and have him sign it AND another book. It would take a good "speech" to King or his handlers-something along the lines of "oops, can you fix your fuckup". The price for an unsigned or a missing case "The Stand" are a bit surprising.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 451 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 351 401 441 449 450 451 452 453 461 501 551 951 ... LastLast