Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 437 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 337 387 427 435 436 437 438 439 447 487 537 937 ... LastLast
Results 10,901 to 10,925 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why post something but not start the bidding at the minimum amount that is acceptable to the seller and let it go up from there rather than starting the bidding low then run up and not meet the reserve amount?
    There was that 11/22/63 that was posted twice and both times it didn't meet the reserve.
    Will someone explain this to me?

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Maybe testing the water to see how high the bids go without selling it for less than what they want.
    Might also have something to do with Ebay fees but Im not a seller so dont know about that.
    reality continues to ruin my life

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice RandyinAK will become famous soon enough RandyinAK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by subie09lega View Post
    Why post something but not start the bidding at the minimum amount that is acceptable to the seller and let it go up from there rather than starting the bidding low then run up and not meet the reserve amount?
    There was that 11/22/63 that was posted twice and both times it didn't meet the reserve.
    It costs less to list a book for a lower amount.... I almost always start auctions at .99 because of the smaller fees and let buyers bid it up... I've never put a reserve on anything so I don't know what fees, if any are involved with that.
    Randy in Alaska

Wanted:
    These 1st/1st Editions:
    Salems Lot
    Dead Zone

Wish List:
    The Stand S/L in coffin box
    Firestarter S/L
    Doctor Sleep S/L
    Cujo S/L
    Christine S/L

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

why do people take pictures with the Brodart still on & this one needs a spine shoot. But it does looks spotting free.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Things might have changed.

The first 50 basic listings per month on Ebay are free. The price doesn't matter.

It doesn't cost anything to list books auction style even after the first 50.

There is a 10% of the total sale fee.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RandyinAK View Post
    It costs less to list a book for a lower amount.... I almost always start auctions at .99 because of the smaller fees and let buyers bid it up... I've never put a reserve on anything so I don't know what fees, if any are involved with that.
    Not true....

Ebay makes it virtually free to list items for sale nowadays....which is why you see items listed for three to four times what they usually sell for...because unfortunately for us buyers, the sellers have nothing to lose by listing their item at outrageous prices. Ebay takes the vast majority of their fees off of the backend (about 12%).

Take THIS auction for example. The seller has listed this book over forty times I would guess in the last two years....you can't blame a guy for trying to get twice what a book usually sells for if it does not cost him anything to do so.

My opinion why sellers start low is to build excitement...which it does. Think about it...every time Jerome posts something here that has a low starting bid, it stirs up excitement. However, a very low (single digit) percentage of those items actually sell for a low price.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Makes me think they don't really want to sell the item when they have something that doesn't meet the reserve more than once. They just want to tease people.

Gunslinger Apprentice RandyinAK will become famous soon enough RandyinAK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Not true....

Ebay makes it virtually free to list items for sale nowadays....which is why you see items listed for three to four times what they usually sell for...because unfortunately for us buyers, the sellers have nothing to lose by listing their item at outrageous prices. Ebay takes the vast majority of their fees off of the backend (about 12%).

Take THIS auction for example. The seller has listed this book over forty times I would guess in the last two years....you can't blame a guy for trying to get twice what a book usually sells for if it does not cost him anything to do so.

My opinion why sellers start low is to build excitement...which it does. Think about it...every time Jerome posts something here that has a low starting bid, it stirs up excitement. However, a very low (single digit) percentage of those items actually sell for a low price.
    Yep, I don't know what I was thinking, yes you get the free listings every month and they take their money when the items sells, but it seems to me (and I haven't listed a book for 4 months or so) that items started at a lower bid, ebay took a smaller cut. I guess I better study up before I go on another listing binge!!!!
    Randy in Alaska

Wanted:
    These 1st/1st Editions:
    Salems Lot
    Dead Zone

Wish List:
    Firestarter S/L
    Doctor Sleep S/L
    Cujo S/L
    Christine S/L

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Not true....

Yep, I don't know what I was thinking, yes you get the free listings every month and they take their money when the items sells, but it seems to me (and I haven't listed a book for 4 months or so) that items started at a lower bid, ebay took a smaller cut. I guess I better study up before I go on another listing binge!!!!
    They changed everything using standard listings to a flat 10% fee back in May. Shipping is included in the final value fee as well.
    You can see the basic fee chart here.

Then you also have Paypal's 2.9% +$0.30.
    Mark Twain

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Shipping is included in the final value fee as well.
    Seriously? Wow what a rip off.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

They did that because sellers used to be able to set their own shipping costs. So, someone would sell a first edition Gunslinger for $1 with $750 for Media Mail. The seller would only pay fees on the $1 item cost (and I think the buyer would be screwed if they wanted to do a return, because the seller wouldn't have to refund shipping). Now, you can only charge $4 for media mail, and you pay a fee on it.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice darkdiscoveries is on a distinguished road

Wow! That is cool! I wonder if that is the same artist (John Stewart) that used to do art for WHISPERS magazine in the Seventies and Eighties (including in the King Special from '82). Does anybody know?

- James
    http://darkdiscoveries.com

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

John Stewart the artist that had a lot of work published in Whispers is deceased. Centipede Press recently published a nice small Stewart art book that had a lengthy informative biography.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by darkdiscoveries View Post
    Wow! That is cool! I wonder if that is the same artist (John Stewart) that used to do art for WHISPERS magazine in the Seventies and Eighties (including in the King Special from '82). Does anybody know?

- James
    http://darkdiscoveries.com
    Nah James, the John Stewart that I deal with is very much alive (he better be, he owes me the IT diorama and the next commission, Christine)
    We all float down here!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Complete DT s/l set, Gunslinger through to WTTK. All PC editions, except Gunslinger which is number 367.

For sale by a local New Zealander collector who I have purchased off many times. He can be a bit on the high side re prices sometimes, but books are always in a good condition.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEPHEN-KING...item35c9a80654

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet--King is on the back page of the July 2013 issue of Bon Appetit magazine.

Country
    Country Flag

Default Sub Press PC Sale

Sub Press just posted a bunch of collectibles including some lettered editions.

First Ever PC Sale
    Randy in Alaska

Wanted:
    These 1st/1st Editions:
    Salems Lot
    Dead Zone

Wish List:
    Firestarter S/L
    Doctor Sleep S/L
    Cujo S/L
    Christine S/L

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I liked this selection the best out of all three sales. I couldn't believe how fast Old Man's War sold out. Probably less than a minute. I was already signed in and had one in my cart. By the time I hit "submit" it was already sold out. I did get one Mieville though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 437 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 337 387 427 435 436 437 438 439 447 487 537 937 ... LastLast