Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 405 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 305 355 395 403 404 405 406 407 415 455 505 905 ... LastLast
Results 10,101 to 10,125 of 27563

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killbourne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Yeah...I agree.

But it's not that almost everyone knows more or less what happened.
    Just confirm that grant employees got the majority of the remarques. I dont understand the logic in dancing around the subject. Just let everyone know the deal...because it is what it is, and then move on.
    There were only 2 remarqued gift editions. Grant put out that there may be as many as 50, as a marketing ploy.

It worked, because some members on here bought multiple copies hoping to get a remarque. People on ebay were selling shrinkwrapped copies saying there MIGHT be a remarque in it. Of course, no-one ever got a remarqued gift edition, other than the Grant employees.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by killbourne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Yeah...I agree.

But it's not that almost everyone knows more or less what happened.
    Just confirm that grant employees got the majority of the remarques. I dont understand the logic in dancing around the subject. Just let everyone know the deal...because it is what it is, and then move on.
    There were only 2 remarqued gift editions. Grant put out that there may be as many as 50, as a marketing ploy.

It worked, because some members on here bought multiple copies hoping to get a remarque. People on ebay were selling shrinkwrapped copies saying there MIGHT be a remarque in it. Of course, no-one ever got a remarqued gift edition, other than the Grant employees.
    The chance for a remarque is the only reason I bought one. The book looks great but without the offer (of a chance) to receive one with a remarque I would have passed.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    How so? I think we've seen a lot of rumors, but it's just one of those things that nobody ever firmly says "this happened."

Lot of rumors and speculation, not much knowledge.
    I have been told "off the record" by knowledgeable sources what happened with the LSOE remarques. Facts, not rumors or speculation.

Mr Rabbitt Trick, there where quite a few more than 2.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

So more than two were gifted to employees?

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I ran the numbers elsewhere on the forum that essentially prove that the fact that no one on this site got a remarqued LSOE implies that the remarques were never randomly inserted into the pool of books to be sold. I personally bought about 10 copies and got squat, of course. I re-sold them slightly above cost, but I wish I kept them.

I also know facts about how DMG was run in the past, facts that shocked both me and my wallet. However, I am still an active DMG customer.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So this confirms Viking using a number line for their 2nd printings very early, but not using them for 1st printings until later in the 80's.
    Christine

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    How so? I think we've seen a lot of rumors, but it's just one of those things that nobody ever firmly says "this happened."

I have been told "off the record" by knowledgeable sources what happened with the LSOE remarques. Facts, not rumors or speculation.

Saying you were told something "off the record" is the definition of passing along rumors and speculation. It's a "fact" to you, but not to me.

I don't really care one way or the other - I just think it's funny that various "factual" statements have been thrown around. Nobody knows what happened, or didn't. Or I should say that the people who DO know, aren't posting here...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I know the facts. It is a secret.
    People always want to know a secret, but if you tell, it isn't a secret.
    You are a journalist. I am sure you have been told something off the record that you were confident was true. I am sure you did not violate the source by revealing them.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

LOL. Gotta watch that decimal placement when setting up your auctions!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

$250 is too much, but there some interesting books in the lot:
    Stephen King Paperback Collection 50 Stephen King Paperbacks Many 1st Print RARE

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

You are a journalist. I am sure you have been told something off the record that you were confident was true. I am sure you did not violate the source by revealing them.
    Exactly - but if you know a secret, you don't reveal that you HAVE a secret.

Because once people know there's a "secret" out there, that encourages the rumors and speculation that I spoke of...

If I'm told something off the record, I use it to inform my understanding of information that IS on the record...but I don't reveal whether I do or don't have "insider" knowledge. That's the trick.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Exactly - but if you know a secret, you don't reveal that you HAVE a secret.

Because once people know there's a "secret" out there, that encourages the rumors and speculation that I spoke of...

If I'm told something off the record, I use it to inform my understanding of information that IS on the record...but I don't reveal whether I do or don't have "insider" knowledge. That's the trick.
    No need to debate the issue.

No worries...it's not a debate - just my feelings about the value of publicly revealing 'secret knowledge.' I don't really care one way or the other - I'm as confident as the rest of us that these remarques will never show up...at least not "randomly."

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Oh yeah, did anyone ever get to the bottom of that?
    Yes.

No worries...it's not a debate - just my feelings about the value of publicly revealing 'secret knowledge.' I don't really care one way or the other - I'm as confident as the rest of us that these remarques will never show up...at least not "randomly."
    You are confident, and so am I. One day soon I hope to be able to tell everything I know, but not until my sources say it is ok.
    It's a "Deep Throat" issue.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

These aren't the droids you're looking for, move on

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

No need to debate the issue.
    I am one of the ones who has been in the dark on this issue of the LSOE books that may or may not have ever had hand drawings by Michael Whelan in them. I have my suspicions about what happened like everyone else but I do not have the first hand knowledge that some others have. It seems that every time this subject arises one or two members post the statement about knowing the facts but they are a secret and can't be told. To continue to make statements and then to want to shut down debate is perhaps asking too much. It is a subject on which most every member on this site would like some closure.

Edit: Jerome, I saw your post #10118 after I had already posted this.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by randall flagg
    One day soon I hope to be able to tell everything I know, but not until my sources say it is ok.
    It's a "Deep Throat" issue.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

I bid $50. Please take it off my hands! I forgot i already had 1 copy. I guess i might be stuck with 2.

Someone will bid more than $51. I wouldn't fret.
    Nope
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wierd, I don't see the auction.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=281099115967

Lucky - it ended at $51 - 2 late bids at $50 and $51 - rf was right, barely

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=281099115967

Lucky - it ended at $51 - 2 late bids at $50 and $51 - rf was right, barely
    RF was right! I got lucky on that one and saved $50/ i got to be more careful before bidding.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 405 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 305 355 395 403 404 405 406 407 415 455 505 905 ... LastLast