Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 403 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 303 353 393 401 402 403 404 405 413 453 503 903 ... LastLast
Results 10,051 to 10,075 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I am puzzled.
    Puzzled about the signature, puzzled about the whole matting and framing of the photo and nameplate idea...
    Stephen King Autograph Display (Professionally Framed With Museum Glass)
    I like the piece, but when I look at the seller's other items, I get nervous.

He has way too many signed books for sale.

His signed Cujo looks legit.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I am puzzled.
    Puzzled about the signature, puzzled about the whole matting and framing of the photo and nameplate idea...
    The seller says he is open to questions.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I am puzzled.
    Puzzled is different than inquiring. Although I did ask him where he gets his ideas from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-ms6dmtwE4

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I am puzzled.
    Puzzled is different than inquiring. Although I did ask him where he gets his ideas from.

I got a good laugh from that the first time you posted it and it made me laugh again today. Thanks!

I see similar framing and mounting of cut signatures in touristy stores. Really popular in Cooperstown, NY in the stores close to the baseball Hall of Fame. Someone will take say Ty Cobb's signature from an old check or bill or something and mount it with a large photo of Cobb and maybe a ticket stub or something and price it really high. I think things like that really sell to the peripheral fan or impulse buyer. I've seen cut signatures from movie stars done that way a lot too.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am puzzled.

Cool video - and answer - that was the same bookstore Hugh was in during his tour (although I did not ask him that question).

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am puzzled.

I got a good laugh from that the first time you posted it and it made me laugh again today. Thanks!

I see similar framing and mounting of cut signatures in touristy stores. Really popular in Cooperstown, NY in the stores close to the baseball Hall of Fame. Someone will take say Ty Cobb's signature from an old check or bill or something and mount it with a large photo of Cobb and maybe a ticket stub or something and price it really high. I think things like that really sell to the peripheral fan or impulse buyer. I've seen cut signatures from movie stars done that way a lot too.
    So do you think the signature was taken (cut) from a book that was in horrible shape then? or just a signature they got on an index card

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The clip never fails to amuse (if played ~2 years).

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by olverts View Post
    I ordered a Skeleton Crew proof from him yesterday when he had it listed for $25 .
    A few hours later i got an email saying it was a typo , it should read $625
    Now it seems the price is even higher .
    During my recent communications with Copper Dragon Books I found Mark to be a nice guy, but one thing I noticed is that almost every book I inquired about seems to have been listed at the wrong price. For example the signed THINNER ARC had a price tag of $140 but the actual price will be $395, and the Sherlock Holmes anthology is listed at $100 but will go for $500 (including the stapled Doctor's Case 'proof addendum').

That said, I'm looking forward to seeing what he's going to list next (he said there will be more).
    When the listings first appeared I saw a fine proof of CHRISTINE listed for $55. But when I put in in my shopping basket it was $455. I think that was a glitch in ABE rather than an error on Mark's part but something seems a little off here.
    Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Bait and switch?
    I guess you're right Bob. What I meant was that I hadn't considered that glitches in the ABE website could also affect the pricing, until you pointed it out.
    I see what you are saying. It's odd though, isn't it? I've never seen anything similar with other ABE sellers.
    I guess you're right Bob. What I meant was that I hadn't considered that glitches in the ABE website could also affect the pricing, until you pointed it out.
    I see what you are saying. It's odd though, isn't it? I've never seen anything similar with other ABE sellers.
    Here is the answer:

"We had the Homebase program glitch out on us a few times and it closed down while doing data entry on the books. Bringing it back up everything looked fine but when the listings were uploaded some of the prices came up wrong. I hope I have caught everything by now and we are doing shorter runs before uploading and the glitch has not repeated."
    These posts are nearly a year old, but poor Copper Dragon is apparently having these same problems again. I bought a Plume "Drawing of the Three" special reading copy for $10, but he e-mailed me back saying that the price was actually $55, and that I would have to send him an extra $45 (presumably outside of abebooks, which avoids some fees, I'm sure) or I could cancel the order myself (also presumably because if he cancelled the order it would impact his seller rating). Unfortunately for him, I have a pretty good memory for things I have read on the internet (it is rarely a useful skill), and this discussion from last year resonated with me. It's a small amount of money, but annoying nonetheless.

Back on topic, here is another copy of the same book, in "fine, unread" condition for $28 (LINK). I am intrigued by what the real price would be if someone tried to buy it.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    I am puzzled.

So do you think the signature was taken (cut) from a book that was in horrible shape then? or just a signature they got on an index card
    I emailed him.

It is an index card.

Who brings a an index card to a signing?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Country
    Country Flag

someone who wants to hang it on their wall in a fancy museum grade frame, picture and name plate

Now at least I know what to bring to Joe Hill signing...forget Locke and Key - just a stack of index cards

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by olverts View Post
    I ordered a Skeleton Crew proof from him yesterday when he had it listed for $25 .
    A few hours later i got an email saying it was a typo , it should read $625
    Now it seems the price is even higher .
    During my recent communications with Copper Dragon Books I found Mark to be a nice guy, but one thing I noticed is that almost every book I inquired about seems to have been listed at the wrong price. For example the signed THINNER ARC had a price tag of $140 but the actual price will be $395, and the Sherlock Holmes anthology is listed at $100 but will go for $500 (including the stapled Doctor's Case 'proof addendum').

That said, I'm looking forward to seeing what he's going to list next (he said there will be more).
    When the listings first appeared I saw a fine proof of CHRISTINE listed for $55. But when I put in in my shopping basket it was $455. I think that was a glitch in ABE rather than an error on Mark's part but something seems a little off here.
    Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Bait and switch?
    Here is the answer:

"We had the Homebase program glitch out on us a few times and it closed down while doing data entry on the books. Bringing it back up everything looked fine but when the listings were uploaded some of the prices came up wrong. I hope I have caught everything by now and we are doing shorter runs before uploading and the glitch has not repeated."
    These posts are nearly a year old, but poor Copper Dragon is apparently having these same problems again. I bought a Plume "Drawing of the Three" special reading copy for $10, but he e-mailed me back saying that the price was actually $55, and that I would have to send him an extra $45 (presumably outside of abebooks, which avoids some fees, I'm sure) or I could cancel the order myself (also presumably because if he cancelled the order it would impact his seller rating). Unfortunately for him, I have a pretty good memory for things I have read on the internet (it is rarely a useful skill), and this discussion from last year resonated with me. It's a small amount of money, but annoying nonetheless.

Back on topic, here is another copy of the same book, in "fine, unread" condition for $28 (LINK). I am intrigued by what the real price would be if someone tried to buy it.
    Probably need to move a couple of these posts over to the seller BS thread, but I will state this:
    Mark Anderson from Copper Dragon Books is a lying thief!

Sue me Mark...

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Probably need to move a couple of these posts over to the seller BS thread, but I will state this:
    Mark Anderson from Copper Dragon Books is a lying thief!

Sue me Mark...
    Sounds like there is an "interesting" story behind that....

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The best description I heard about blank index cards (No line) was at a 86 World Series group signing in NY. It is a "pure signature" meaning not signed on something which would be defacing an item. It is like a time capsule, a second of that persons life placed on a clean/clear card. A index card thick enough not to bleed through, but similar to baseball card stock. I remember the gentleman asking all the players to sign their full name which makes sense if they had a middle name. An example is Gary Edmund Carter which you really do not see many full length signatures.
    "I don't mind a reasonable amount of trouble." ♤Sam Spade ♤

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King Dark Tower 5 Wolves of the Calla ~ Rare Promotional Book Press Kit
    " it is a full 8 page foldout with a seperate window cling. It is 8x10 when folded so this photo is at least 3 feet long. it alsi comes in the original scribner envelope making this rhe perfect collectible for any Dark Tower Fan."
    >>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/200919686420...84.m1423.l2649
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Look at what just popped out on ebay, while i am currently recieving some french fanzines

Stephen King ~ SKIN fanzine ~ lettered edition Signed 1/26 French Wraps
    175 CAD or BIN 200 CAD.
    >>> http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...#ht_500wt_1156
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King Needful Things - Misery Video Store Promo Campaign Material Rare
    http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...#ht_727wt_1397

Stephen King Author of Four Past Midnight / Dark Half 2 Sided Promo Poster
    >>> http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...#ht_500wt_1174

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

[QUOTE=Randall Flagg;772625]$2.99, and zero bids so far:
    [B]The Secretary of Dreams Vol. 2 by Stephen King (2010, Hardcover)

Somebody feel free to take this from me. My max bid is $50. I forgot i already bought this copy.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it is a legit signature. Cooll piece:
    THE ROCK BOTTOM REMAINDERS - SIGNED CONCERT POSTER - STEPHEN KING Zevon + 6

Time left:

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

New shrinkwrapped Paperback set. $22.99 starting (pricey IMO),
    Stephen King The Dark Tower 1-5 Gunslinger Drawing of Three *Brand New*

Time left: A

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I am glad someone bought it....I had been thinking about pulling the trigger.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Country
    Country Flag

THE STAND & THE SHINING (1997) by ABC, promotional CDs
    >>> http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...#ht_500wt_1414

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 403 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 303 353 393 401 402 403 404 405 413 453 503 903 ... LastLast