Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 379 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 279 329 369 377 378 379 380 381 389 429 479 879 ... LastLast
Results 9,451 to 9,475 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

If anyone needs it, The Raft (two copies), starting bid $15, BIN of $45

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-RAFT-by-...item41714f43c3

On a related note, the catalog lists this as first publication in the Nov 1982 Gallery, but the seller mentions it being in Twilight Zone in 1981. I'm thinking he's confusing it with The Jaunt ... anybody have those mags to double-check?
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The Raft was first published (as the pull-out booklet) in the November 1982 Gallery. It was reprinted in the June 1983 issue of Twilight Zone.

John

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

ah, 1982... I remember buying that Gallery with Raft in an airport book shop and reading it on the airplane during a guy's spur of the moment weekend trip from austin to Vegas....

a buddy of mine and I were sitting at a Denny's on a late Thursday night after a night out at the local Austin dance hall... he says... "Dude, we should go to Vegas sometime"...

We landed in Vegas a few hours later at 6:30 friday night - we didn't sleep until we got on the midnight redeye sunday night - lost a bunch of money on that trip.... but wow what a fun time, wild women, lots of gambling, nudie clubs, and non-stop partying!

don't know what ever became of that copy.... probably left it in the room at old Flamingo (the one that was torn down), but I've replaced it since.... got a couple of copies now.... plus the twilight zone mag with it.

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    ah, 1982... I remember buying that Gallery with Raft in an airport book shop and reading it on the airplane during a guy's spur of the moment weekend trip from austin to Vegas....

a buddy of mine and I were sitting at a Denny's on a late Thursday night after a night out at the local Austin dance hall... he says... "Dude, we should go to Vegas sometime"...

We landed in Vegas a few hours later at 6:30 friday night - we didn't sleep until we got on the midnight redeye sunday night - lost a bunch of money on that trip.... but wow what a fun time, wild women, lots of gambling, nudie clubs, and non-stop partying!

don't know what ever became of that copy.... probably left it in the room at old Flamingo (the one that was torn down), but I've replaced it since.... got a couple of copies now.... plus the twilight zone mag with it.
    Now that is the Vegas I remember living near (Henderson 70's early 80's) before it tried to be a Family Resort. Basically it all started to slowly change after the MGM fire.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Been there a few times, last was on the way back after a few months in the jungle in Colombia (buddy of mine in Panama who did the ticketing sent me through there as a 'favor' instead of directly to Phoenix). It was total reverse culture shock after the jungle ... hated it! Way too many people, lights, cars, noise. Never much cared for crowds or the city in the first place, and Vegas was just awful.

Did get to see Paul McCartney in concert at the Silver Bowl in Henderson back in ... 1992 maybe? 1993? Best concert I've ever been to, he played 75% Beatles tunes, it was awesome.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Glued in signature paper, scrappy DJ, probably not worth $295:
    THE SHINING (1977) SIGNED STEPHEN KING, FIRST UK EDITION, CODE R49, CLASSIC DJ

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Is this the right thread for these? They are neither Stephen King nor Dark Tower.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

applying the theory of relativity.... they are stephen king

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe.....maybe not. I would counter by saying they are not Stephen King, not Dark Tower and not really very intriguing (although that last one is just my opinion). I think the proper thread is under the "Other authors you collect" heading. But, again, this is just my opinion.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Maybe.....maybe not. I would counter by saying they are not Stephen King, not Dark Tower and not really very intriguing (although that last one is just my opinion). I think the proper thread is under the "Other authors you collect" heading. But, again, this is just my opinion.
    Just my opinion, but i like it here. i dont always remember to go to the Joe Hill thread and Randall does me a huge service by finding interesting items for sale! this is in my top 3 threads to view first!

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Just my opinion, but i like it here. i dont always remember to go to the Joe Hill thread and Randall does me a huge service by finding interesting items for sale! this is in my top 3 threads to view first!
    I understand your point. Perhaps the thread should be renamed?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Why should Joe Hill get a different treatment? Shouldn't he be judged for his own writting and not the father-son connection? More experienced writters, better known writters and writters who worked hard to get where they are under "other authors." I get why he could technically get the pass as opposed to, I don't know, Dan Simmons, but I like Bob's thinking. It keeps threads clear and conscise. Same thing for the "pride and joy" thread. I'm interested in seeing cool books, not someone's new house, car, shoes, dildo, dog, kid etc. All that stuff is cool and there are threads for it.

Ducks as yelling starts

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Joe Hill items classify as Stephen King-related. In my opinion, this should be the thread to post sales from other sources, compared to the Collectible Classifieds thread, where we post our own sales.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

How about just renaming the thread to 'Intriguing Auctions-Sales'? Personally I don't mind seeing other authors here ... saves the time of having to check multiple threads. And honestly, isn't it 80-90% King anyway? JMO. I don't agree, however, that Joe Hill = Stephen King.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

If its just about the title then you have to check out this auction *

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WORKING-Vint...item33805d0963

* my sole purpose of this post is for stirring of controversy only. I do not ascribe to the opinions of either side of above debate. Thank you

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post

* my sole purpose of this post is for stirring of controversy only. I do not ascribe to the opinions of either side of above debate. Thank you
    But I like that, and I do own one. And it can come up in certain searches depending on how much research you do.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Why should Joe Hill get a different treatment? Shouldn't he be judged for his own writting and not the father-son connection? More experienced writters, better known writters and writters who worked hard to get where they are under "other authors." I get why he could technically get the pass as opposed to, I don't know, Dan Simmons, but I like Bob's thinking. It keeps threads clear and conscise. Same thing for the "pride and joy" thread. I'm interested in seeing cool books, not someone's new house, car, shoes, dildo, dog, kid etc. All that stuff is cool and there are threads for it.

Ducks as yelling starts
    please point me to the dido thread... I'm always interested in seeing what other's collect.... including our female membership.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default darktower

Quote Originally Posted by Coulrophobia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post

But I like that, and I do own one. And it can come up in certain searches depending on how much research you do.
    Lol,
    do you want to sell it I loved that game as a kid.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm interested in seeing cool books, not someone's new house, car, shoes, dildo, dog, kid etc.

Ducks as yelling starts
    Personally I wouldn't mind seeing certain member's new dildos, but it probably should be in another thread-unless the dildo is on ebay, and was named "Stephen King" ala "Steely Dan"...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Is this the right thread for these? They are neither Stephen King nor Dark Tower.
    You should report the post to one of the forum Moderators. Damn, where is Ari when we need him.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I did do a slight modification to the thread title.

Who are the other moderators? You are the only one that I ever see doing anything worthwhile (i.e. moderating).

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I'm interested in seeing cool books, not someone's new house, car, shoes, dildo, dog, kid etc.

Ducks as yelling starts
    Personally I wouldn't mind seeing certain member's new dildos, but it probably should be in another thread-unless the dildo is on ebay, and was named "Stephen King" ala "Steely Dan"...
    I'll show you mine, if you show me yours...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't see many of these for sale, and fewer still with a Hale original piece (absent on this one).
    Is $350 reasonable?
    Stephen King INSOMNIA PORTFOLIO - RED Phil Hale SIGNED BY BOTH

+ Reply to Thread
Page 379 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 279 329 369 377 378 379 380 381 389 429 479 879 ... LastLast