Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 531 1031 ... LastLast

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Very Intriguing...... Stories of Suspense with King story, "In a Half-World of Terror.

Looks like I will have to blow my budget again!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=011
    Budgets are made to be blown. At least mine usually is.

What do you think it will sell for?
    That's a big unknown for me. I've never seen one for sale before. I've got an idea what I will pay for it, but it depends what mood I'm in nearer the end of the auction.

I emailed the seller to ask if he would sell it outwith the auction, but he doesn't seem interested.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Just had another reply from the seller.

"Yours is the fifth e-mail I have received about this item, and the third offer to end the auction. I am going to let it run its course. If you decide to bid, good luck."

Let the battle commence

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

lol
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    oh.
    I talked with Jerad and JK Potter about that and Jerad told me that the project died almost inmediately.
    yea he was selling a prototype at the WHC. So he got at least that far.

But a prototype could be anything, it could be the complete text of the book with illustrations, or it could just be filled with blank pages. They are made to get an idea what the book will look like before going into publishing. Prototypes are like a first draft of a story.

btw, 1966, wow!
    Geoff

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    oh.
    I talked with Jerad and JK Potter about that and Jerad told me that the project died almost inmediately.

But a prototype could be anything, it could be the complete text of the book with illustrations, or it could just be filled with blank pages. They are made to get an idea what the book will look like before going into publishing. Prototypes are like a first draft of a story.
    If the project was rejected and, if it contains any/all of The Shining text, would it be legal to sell the prototype?

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    oh.

If the project was rejected and, if it contains any/all of The Shining text, would it be legal to sell the prototype?
    If he got explicit permission from King to sell the prototype, then yes...and let's assume he spent some money to dummy up a prototype for King's approval (but obviously not $12K).

But, without that permission, then it definitley wouldn't be legal...it's just a question of whether King cares enough to stop it. It's EXACTLY the same thing as the 'Es' limited. Whether it's one copy or 500, it's still a bootleg.

I'm going on a limb and say that it was a design prototype with Potter art maybe, without the text. Unless King did give permission.

Twelve grand, though? I mean, I bet I can make a pretty mean looking limited edition for $2K, does that mean I can sell it for a $10K profit? Doubt it...

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    oh.

If he got explicit permission from King to sell the prototype, then yes...and let's assume he spent some money to dummy up a prototype for King's approval (but obviously not $12K).

But, without that permission, then it definitley wouldn't be legal...it's just a question of whether King cares enough to stop it. It's EXACTLY the same thing as the 'Es' limited. Whether it's one copy or 500, it's still a bootleg.

I'm going on a limb and say that it was a design prototype with Potter art maybe, without the text. Unless King did give permission.

Twelve grand, though? I mean, I bet I can make a pretty mean looking limited edition for $2K, does that mean I can sell it for a $10K profit? Doubt it...
    Rhafa,

If I understood the original post correctly the prototype was being offered along with a deluxe S/LE of 'Salem's Lot for $12,000. Figuring the deluxe at around $7500 assigns around $4500 for the prototype. I can't imagine Centipede jeopardizing any future opportunity with SK, nor can I imagine SK giving permission to sell (unless for charity) so most likely the prototype is dummy text with Potter's art. Too bad there aren't any pictures.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Rhafa,

If I understood the original post correctly the prototype was being offered along with a deluxe S/LE of 'Salem's Lot for $12,000. Figuring the deluxe at around $7500 assigns around $4500 for the prototype. I can't imagine Centipede jeopardizing any future opportunity with SK, nor can I imagine SK giving permission to sell (unless for charity) so most likely the prototype is dummy text with Potter's art. Too bad there aren't any pictures.
    Ah...got it. I didn't even notice the Salem's part...now it makes sense and $12K is very high, but not totally crazy, considering it might be unique Potter artwork.

And...now that you point it out, of course he'd do never anything to annoy SK and that relationship.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Too bad there aren't any pictures.

There might actually be some somewhere I think. I know if I'd gone to the trouble of designing something like that I'd at least take pictures for myself before selling it.

Maybe, I'm wrong though. *shrug*
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

There might actually be some somewhere I think. I know if I'd gone to the trouble of designing something like that I'd at least take pictures for myself before selling it.

I should have some pictures of the custom bound 'SALEM'S LOT by Monday. Supposedly four different binders worked on it and it is really supposed to be a thing of beauty. It's is one of only two copies done this way using the Centipede Press page block for the book. If I get the OK from Jerad I will post them here.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

That would be great! I'd love to see it.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

With regards to the "prototype" of the Centipede Press edition of THE SHINING:

According to Jerad:

"Another extra is the prospectus of The Shining, a nice
    hardcover book detailing the specifics of the proposed Centipede Press
    edition of The Shining, written to Mr King, with original artwork by JK
    Potter. It is signed by JK and myself."

So unless I am reading this wrong it does not contain any text from THE SHINING and so there shouldn't be any concerns regarding copyrights.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

No, I think you're reading it right. It sounds to me like it is the proposed plan for it bound and signed.

If you rescue me

I should have some pictures of the custom bound 'SALEM'S LOT by Monday. Supposedly four different binders worked on it and it is really supposed to be a thing of beauty. It's is one of only two copies done this way using the Centipede Press page block for the book. If I get the OK from Jerad I will post them here.
    Bob,

Hopefully Jerad will give you the OK to post ics of the custom SL. I wonder how much nicer it can be than the deluxe leather edition. Also, I'll be curious to see if it is signed by SK. If it is that would mean either SK was willing to sign two more tip-ns (highly unlikely given his recent comments on the SL deluxe) or Jerad had extra, un-numbered signature sheets to go with a couple of unbound deluxes .

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm just guessing, but wouldn't a publisher maybe have some extras in case something happened to copies of the S/L?

If you rescue me

Bob,

Hopefully Jerad will give you the OK to post ics of the custom SL. I wonder how much nicer it can be than the deluxe leather edition. Also, I'll be curious to see if it is signed by SK. If it is that would mean either SK was willing to sign two more tip-ns (highly unlikely given his recent comments on the SL deluxe) or Jerad had extra, un-numbered signature sheets to go with a couple of unbound deluxes .
    I know the answer to the signed limitation page question but I'd like to clear the answer with Jerad to see if it is OK to post it here. I'm sure it is but I'd just like to ask first.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Isn't there another edition of the custom bound unsigned copy of the Salem's lot?. I think it was only 24 copies made. It has grey leather boards and black slipcase.

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Isn't there another edition of the custom bound unsigned copy of the Salem's lot?. I think it was only 24 copies made. It has grey leather boards and black slipcase.
    Stu Tinker had a local guy in Bangor custom bind about 24 copies of the Centipede Press page blocks. I think there were 12 in burgundy half leather (or quarter leather) and 12 in black/gray. They were nice but nothing too spectacular. From what Jerad says this current book he is offering is fantastic.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Do you know if all of the 24 copies has all the illustrations too, Bob?

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Do you know if all of the 24 copies has all the illustrations too, Bob?
    I think they have the illustrations. Are you talking about having them bound in or as a separate portfolio? I know they didn't come with a separate portfolio.

I'll be home later this afternoon (I'm working this weekend) and will get them out and post photos of the two states. I can check them for illustrations at the same time.

My Mood
    Stressed

Bound in. I seem to get the impression that not all the copies were bound including the illustrations. I might be wrong. Would you mind checking your copy?. Thanks.

From what Jerad says this current book he is offering is fantastic.
    Bob,

Are you going to be one of the lucky two?

Bob,

I kind of doubt it. The guy that did most of the binding is keeping one. The other is for sale.

Jerad is supposed to be sending me pictures tomorrow or Monday. He has offered it to me at a specific price and the ball is in my court as to whether or not to buy it. I'm pretty sure I will pass on buying it but I asked for photos before I decided. I have to admit that I am intriqued.

Bob,

I kind of doubt it. The guy that did most of the binding is keeping one. The other is for sale.

Jerad is supposed to be sending me pictures tomorrow or Monday. He has offered it to me at a specific price and the ball is in my court as to whether or not to buy it. I'm pretty sure I will pass on buying it but I asked for photos before I decided. I have to admit that I am intriqued.

Good luck with your decision. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. me too!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 531 1031 ... LastLast