Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 523 1023 ... LastLast

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The seller must be nuts if he thinks he can get THIS PRICE!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Tinah3's ALWAYS pricing things too high. But that for just a King introduction, that's crazy!

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Tinah3's ALWAYS pricing things too high. But that for just a King introduction, that's crazy!

John

I agree it seems high but it might be rarer than you think. I remember when that publication first came out, we had a medium to hard time getting copies. A few copies showed up initially and then....nothing. Stu tried to order multiple copies from the college and had no luck. It is my opinion that they published many less than the stated 1000 copies.

If you collect "Introductions" then, of course, the magazine is essential. If you don't, then I can see why it wouldn't hold much interest at that price.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I am pretty sure I paid between $10 and $20 for this on ebay a few years ago! If someone offered me $150 I'd have no real problem selling my copy! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    I am pretty sure I paid between $10 and $20 for this on ebay a few years ago! If someone offered me $150 I'd have no real problem selling my copy! :-)
    Yep, I think I paid $10 for mine too...or $12...I'm too lazy to look it up. Still, I remember it being tough to find and Stu was unable to buy copies for his store and the college is located right in the same town.

I'm not defending Tinah's pricing of her auctions. I think like many newcomers she bought at the height of the King collecting frenzy and is now taking a bath, so to speak, as she tries to dispose of her collection in 2008.

And I probably value these lesser appearances more than the average collector. A cursory search of the internet revealed no other copies of Crosscut for sale.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I love tina3. I would have her babbies. Her prices may be high at first but she does reduce them eventually. I bet she makes less than 50 % of what she paid.

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

Default http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Stephen-King-Autograph_W0QQitemZ260210543170QQihZ016QQcategoryZ

This is interesting....

My Mood
    Buzzed

This is interesting....

...if overpriced

I wonder which book it is

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It's Green Mile:

Green Mile covers

(The hint was the picture of the prisoner on the back cover.)

I agree it's wildly overpriced!

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

If its the Green Mile, then we better all bid for it!

The signature is dated 12-18-94 and the Green Mile was released in 1996.

My Mood
    Buzzed

It's Green Mile:

Green Mile covers

(The hint was the picture of the prisoner on the back cover.)

I agree it's wildly overpriced!

John
    I don't see it on there.......

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

But the title's the same.

John

Country
    Country Flag

But the title's the same.

John
    No it's not. The book is Carrie.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I stand corrected. I was confusing King's name for the title. Another senior moment!

Carrie covers

John

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I think "wildly overpriced" is a relative term in these cases...it's obviously a legit signature, and it's almost certainly a unique item...

I wouldn't pay this, but for somebody consumed with getting extremely rare signed items, the price might not seem so high at all...depends on the priority...if I had a similiar item I certainly wouldn't start the bidding off very low. There's always time to lower it later.

I agree it seems high on the face of it, it's all a question of relativity...

My Mood
    Buzzed

This is similar to the Tinah3 debate - her prices ALWAYS start high (relative to the current market) and sometimes she gets a bite. More often she'll drop her price with the second listing.

If a seller's willing to be realisting in the long run, there's nothing wrong with a shot in the dark.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Calla_Wolf View Post
    This is similar to the Tinah3 debate - her prices ALWAYS start high (relative to the current market) and sometimes she gets a bite. More often she'll drop her price with the second listing.

If a seller's willing to be realisting in the long run, there's nothing wrong with a shot in the dark.

Sort of, but she's just selling some s/l's...there's nothing real unique in her auctions, nor anything that's never going to show up again...

I'm not paying $2k for a Russian "Carrie," signed or not, but for instane I have a signed "Modern Masters of Horror," which I've never seen another (signed) copy of...I have it listed on Abe for $900 or something equally absurd and see no reason to drop the price.

But, if that guy HAS to sell that "Carrie" then yes, it's overpriced, because it's not going to sell at that price anytime real soon...but "wildly overpriced?" Nah...just expensive...

Duma Key already into a second printing. Bummer to get a signed book only to find out it isn't a first.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Dum...QQcmdZViewItem

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy hell! That would suck.

I am glad I bought mine right after it came out but I'm going to go home and check it anyway.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Holy hell! That would suck.

I am glad I bought mine right after it came out but I'm going to go home and check it anyway.
    Matt, remember I said to bring a 1st with you to DC?
    This is why.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah yes, that may now be the best advice I have ever gotten.

See ya "don't piss into the wind"

Thanks Jerome
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Here are a couple of collectables I decided to get off my desk. Low, low opening bids:

Duma Key promo tennis ball, new in case, unopened

From a Buick 8 fuzzy dice, never dangled from a rearview mirror

Hope they find a good home!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Alright. I'm watching the dice

I've been looking for it for some time
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the tennis ball, but I see Bob is bidding on it and with a week to go I think it will go far higher than what I would pay.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 523 1023 ... LastLast