Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 122 522 1022 ... LastLast

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    I've never seen This magazine signed before. Comments anyone??
    The price seems very high to me. This is a relist. I think he was intially asking $2K or $2.5K. Still, I think it is overpriced. But you are right....you don't see that one signed very often.
    Yes it is a relist. The original asking price was $2000. No chance!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    The price seems very high to me. This is a relist. I think he was intially asking $2K or $2.5K. Still, I think it is overpriced. But you are right....you don't see that one signed very often.
    I'm just curious....what would be a reasonable price for something like that?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I'm just curious....what would be a reasonable price for something like that?

I would say, if the magazine is in excellent condition, $200 for the magazine and $250-300 for the autograph.

John

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

i bought mine...near fine condition...without the sig... several years ago... bought the duo at the same time from betts...here's what i paid for them:
    STARTLING MYSTERY STORIES 1967- The Glass Floor: King's 1st Professional OPP 220.00
    STARTLING MYSTERY STORIES 1969 - The Reaper: King's 2nd Professional Sale OPP 175.00
    so the they averaged 197.50 ea. for me... several years ago.

the tiny nicks described in this guy's auction might drop the condition from near fine to very good...but i'm a hard judge on condition.

i agree with john, the early sig. would probably add a couple of hundred+ to the final price.

1000.00 is definitely to much IMHO- unless of course he sells it for that... in that case then it was price perfectly.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I actually have a complete run of Startling Mystery Stories that I bought as they came out (50 cents each!). But my copies are only in fair to good condition--I bought them to read them and did so many times. (I was a big fan of Seabury Quinn's Jules de Grandin back then, and every other issue had a story in it.) There are a total of 18 issues.

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've got this one and the 'The Reaper's Image' one signed by King. Got them done at the Lisey's tour in the UK.
    I'd be curious to see pictures of your collec...
    You seems to be a quite impressive collector...

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I'd be curious to see pictures of your collec...
    You seems to be a quite impressive collector...
    I'm just a beginner! I don't have any pictures other than what's been posted here.

I plan to make up a website with my collection when the weather improves. I will post the link when it's done. Don't hold your breath though waiting for good weather! Did you know the Scottish summer is on a Wednesday this year?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah when i did read "when the weather improves" i wanted to say that you'll not start soon.. it was f*****g windy yesterday night, and its "snowing" (melted snow?) again... (looks like a blizzard lol)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

UK 1st Dolores Claiborne signed

Signature looks good to me (but I am no expert).
    If legit, $199 BIN is not a bad price.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

All 4 Bachman PB's in custom case.
    $771 BIN is crazy, but perhaps it will sell below that.

DTIV Promo Chapbook
    If you want it, $15 is not the end of the world.

Country
    Country Flag

The DT IV chapbook didnt sell since the last time? was already 15, and i was sure that it would have be sold quickly!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Here is an auction for a UK paperback edition of DUMA KEY.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...:X:RTQ:GB:1123

I asked the seller if the listing was correct, hoping it might be an ARC. But he says it is just a retail book. I guess what surprises me is that the paperback edition seems to be issued simultaneously with the hardback edition which is counter to usual marketing strategy.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I wonder if this is one of those "international editions" that often appear in Europe that are only sold post-security at airports.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I wonder if this is one of those "international editions" that often appear in Europe that are only sold post-security at airports.
    That's correct Bev. Hodder & Stoughton issue the identical paperback at the same time as the hardback at airports. I buy these on release day to read and save my harback copy from wear. I think they are sold to reduce the weight of the hardback.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    That's correct Bev. Hodder & Stoughton issue the identical paperback at the same time as the hardback at airports. I buy these on release day to read and save my harback copy from wear. I think they are sold to reduce the weight of the hardback.
    Interesting. Thanks, guys, for the explanation.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The softcover editions are often distributed in Australia, too, many times a week or two before the "official" UK publishing date. I've gotten a couple of these.

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

A first Day cover signed in felt tip ink near the stamp bu stefen King, item in very good condition - RARE - A certificate of authenticity is joigned.

about $163 (110€)
    First day of issue of what?
    I dont see the point to send such an envelop..

About the sig? (which looks really really bad...)

btw, when i asked about the certificate, here is what the seller sent me :

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

It's a day-of-issue of the stamp. Fairly common thing. I can't for the life of me think of a single reason why King would sign such a thing!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    btw, when i asked about the certificate, here is what the seller sent me :
    If you look at the line which describes the item (First Day Cover) it does not fit the rest of the certificate. An obvious fake.

Country
    Country Flag

DUMA KEY BOOK ADVERTISING POSTER

Pretty cheap! The title of the offer is referring to a Steven King, so that's probably why it's currently cheap with no bid...
    2 days remains...

Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King Rose Madder & Hearts in Atlantis ARC Lot
    Both for $49.99 BIN. Starting price $29.99.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Ros...QQcmdZViewItem

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

common proofs, but definitely worth the price.
    Geoff

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The BIN is a little high, based on the condition of each book (water damage, etc.). Abebooks has "fine" copies of these two listed for $20-$25 apiece. "Very good" copies for less.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just noticed that Secret Windows is still available from the Book of the Month Club ($14.95 + s/h for members):

Secret Windows

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 122 522 1022 ... LastLast