Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 520 1020 ... LastLast

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    opinions on this sig?
    (It looks good to my untrained eye).
    The Stand-signed

I am now high bidder. I am bidding only so that if I win, I will gift the book to someone I know who is a Stand lover.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Traveler blastedlands is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    a year of two ago this blue HC Cycles starting showing up quite frequently at auction on eBay. I believe they are aftermarket ( perhaps Demco ) designed primarily for libraries. And for the most part they may also be later printings per the copyright number line.
    Not suprisingly, you are correct.
    received this response from the seller about the numberline:

Hello and thanks for asking! It is, "13 12 11", which I believe to be an 11th printing. This is the lowest number on a hardback version of this book, and the first and only Blue one that I've seen. Best of luck, and thanks again!
    I like how the description suggests a 1st/1st when in reality its an 11th! Ridiculous, should this be moved to the BS section?

Where does it suggest 1st/1st? It states 1st edition, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    THAT IS BULLSHIT!!!
    I have that one and it's VERY EASY to find in netherlands!
    A friend of mine sent it to me for 6 euros only
    I list the books as they were described to me when I purchased them. I am not a SK expert, nor do I claim to be. Maybe you can spend your highly-wasted time trashing the assholes who forge signatures ........
    Last edited by Patrick; 01-16-2008 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Please see site rules.

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    a year of two ago this blue HC Cycles starting showing up quite frequently at auction on eBay. I believe they are aftermarket ( perhaps Demco ) designed primarily for libraries. And for the most part they may also be later printings per the copyright number line.
    Not suprisingly, you are correct.
    received this response from the seller about the numberline:

Hello and thanks for asking! It is, "13 12 11", which I believe to be an 11th printing. This is the lowest number on a hardback version of this book, and the first and only Blue one that I've seen. Best of luck, and thanks again!
    I like how the description suggests a 1st/1st when in reality its an 11th! Ridiculous, should this be moved to the BS section?
    Where did I "suggest" a 1st printing, ......? Maybe you should rethink your position.
    Last edited by Patrick; 01-16-2008 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Please see site rules

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't speak for other members, but I would guess that the suggestion of it being a first printing is the large, “First Signet Printing April, 1985” in the auction description. Unless I missed some detail, I didn't see anything about this being any other printing, so I also read the auction description to mean that the book being offered was a first printing.

Also: Let's refrain from the vulgar namecalling. I'm editing that part of the posts above, you can choose other words and re-edit if you like.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

In defense of the seller (apparently Blastelands) the copyright listing of
    “First Signet Printing April, 1985”
    indication of a "possible" first edtion of this state.
    The book is unique, but of course from a collector's standpoint, the question is: Is it a Collectible?-and therefore of value to a discerning collector?

Probably not.

Is the description and therefore the auction noticeable?
    Yes.
    I posted it here, so at least from my perspective it is "intriguing".
    Is the item worth bidding on?
    The auction itself will answer that question.
    Have we by discussing the auction lowered-eliminated bidding?
    NO.
    Has Blastelands been less than polite in defending theirselves?
    Yes.
    As nice as I can be, I would request that blastelands be as combative as they wish, but have a sense of decorum here.
    Scream fuck all you want, but a healthy and hearty discussion (and defense) of ones position speaks more than expletives.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Opposing views are one of the things that make this site beautiful, but I agree, it must be done in a civil manner. Expressing one's feelings/opinions is strongly encouraged but attacks will be reprimanded by management of this site.

Let's get on now with rational discourse.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I don't speak for other members, but I would guess that the suggestion of it being a first printing is the large, “First Signet Printing April, 1985” in the auction description. Unless I missed some detail, I didn't see anything about this being any other printing, so I also read the auction description to mean that the book being offered was a first printing.

Also: Let's refrain from the vulgar name calling. I'm editing that part of the posts above, you can choose other words and re-edit if you like.
    Exactly - when I'm buying a book if the listing states "First Edition" I assume its a first printing - of course I know well enough to confirm this, but many novices don't and therefore would get ripped off. There are many sellers on e bay that do this to make an extra buck, exploiting people new to collecting and potentially turning them off the hobby. Further, if a listing goes on to states "First Signet Printing", I'm assured its a first printing. In my opinion, blastelands, thats unscrupulous. I'm not saying you're one of "those" e bay members (assuming you are the seller....) but it is fishy, why leave out details about a book? If it was damaged would you put VG condition with no description, and in case of a dispute, claim that the buyer never asked if there was damage, and that had they you surely would have told them about it?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by blastedlands View Post
    Where does it suggest 1st/1st? It states 1st edition, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by you from your auction
    ~ Highly Collectible ~

“Cycle of the Werewolf”

~ RARE 1st Edition *BLUE* HARDCOVER ~

~Extremely SCARCE~

First Signet Printing April, 1985”
    (underlining is mine)

^^^Right about there. A buyer does have a responsibility to research a little and ask questions, but doesn't a seller have some responsibility to not be intentionally misleading? Disingenuous? Omit pertinent facts that the seller has in order to boost their sale potential?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

There certainly is an omission of the printing, as looking at the seller's other auctions, books that are 1st Edition 1st printings are emphasized.
    Example:
    STEPHEN KING
    "Hearts in Atlantis"
    RARE 1st Edition/1st Printing/1st DJ/Hardcover
    “Scribner, September 1999”

“1 3 5 7 9 10 8 6 4 2” on CP

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

There certainly is an omission of the printing, as looking at the seller's other auctions, books that are 1st Edition 1st printings are emphasized.
    Example:
    STEPHEN KING
    "Hearts in Atlantis"
    RARE 1st Edition/1st Printing/1st DJ/Hardcover

“Scribner, September 1999”

“1 3 5 7 9 10 8 6 4 2” on CP

...and that of course is why he got so defensive.

I like the item though. If anyone sees one (from someone honest) could they point it out to me please?

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked the book too, but felt it was priced too high. I might buy one for $15, but not for $80.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked the book too, but felt it was priced too high. I might buy one for $15, but not for $80.
    Yeah, it seemed a bit high to me too. I paid like ten or fifteen for my first paperback I believe

If you rescue me

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

My personal opinion is that I do not like books like that at all. I'm speaking of the Permabound or Demco "hardbacks."

I don't have any knowledge of the process by which they are made but I think they just take a paperback book and make hardcover boards to put on it. Basically converting a paperback into a hardback so that it will stand up to general library use. To me it is worse than a paperback, not better.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    My personal opinion is that I do not like books like that at all. I'm speaking of the Permabound or Demco "hardbacks."

I don't have any knowledge of the process by which they are made but I think they just take a paperback book and make hardcover boards to put on it. Basically converting a paperback into a hardback so that it will stand up to general library use. To me it is worse than a paperback, not better.
    I'm pretty sure you're right about how they are made.

I prefer to have a hardcover as a reading copy myself.

If you rescue me

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I prefer paperbacks for reading because of portability, but for collection purposes I would think hardbacks would be better.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thoughts on this signature?

Cujo Signed

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cujo Signed

It's legitimate. Odd though ... in the image it almost looks as if " To Paul " was written with a different pen.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Cujo Signed

It's legitimate. Odd though ... in the image it almost looks as if " To Paul " was written with a different pen.
    It looks that way to me too. Maybe the pen was just running low on ink so he switched pens?

If you rescue me

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks okay to me.

John

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just a bit Overpriced don't ya think!!!!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I saw that earlier and thought the same thing.

If you rescue me

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just a bit. I sold an unopened copy a couple years ago for $150 and was glad to get it!

John

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

1988 German Schwarz (Gunslinger)
    Interesting cover artwork. Not sure why they titled it "Black".

Fuck it! I'm getting this. If the guy bidding against me wants it he better really start bidding hard (so far he's been raising it in five and ten dollar increments) because I already got the guy selling it to give me till sometime next month to pay.

....and he has more German !st DT books.

If you rescue me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 520 1020 ... LastLast