Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 111 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 211 611 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Along the Path of the Beam kacod is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

GREAT KING and HILL COLLECTION TO BE SOLD

Well, I think the time has finally come. I have reached a point in my collection where anything I buy to add to it is going to be ridiculously expensive. Plus the wife and I are looking to adopt and that costs a real pretty penny. I look at my books now and they look like a monument to my selfishness. I am 95% sure I want to try to sell it all but want to sleep one more night on it.

If I do, I will give everyone here a week or so of first dibs. I will post a list by the end of this week, but to give you a rough idea, I have everything except (note I collect US versions only, with the exception of Colorado Kid – no UKs):

My Pretty Pony Stainless Steel, The Plant 1-3,FireStarter Asbestos in the S/L, and DT 1-3 in the S/L.

I have matching #60 in DT 4-7, LSOE. I have Lettered Buick 8, Dolan’s, Green Mile, Regulators, Skeleton Crew, and Talisman (not PC/ publisher’s copy) in addition to their S/L and gift editions, if they had one. If I did not list a Lettered I don’t have it (but I do have the S/L). I have the Colorado Kid in all states, but two of the traycase are PC’s, the only ones in my collection (that are UK or PC).

I have all of the trade firsts (including F or NF copies of the early Doubledays). I have almost every state of the US proofs, you can look and see what I don’t have under a posting on SK proofs I made maybe 2 months ago, or it might have been in “items wanted”. I bought that recent tall Night Shift proof on Ebay (it does have some soiling on the covers but is not in near as bad a shape as was discussed on this site), along with Ned Dameron’s manuscript copy of The Wastelands. I had a cool wooden traycase made for that.

I want to be clear this is not going to be a fire sale; I will try to get what I paid for them at least. Some will be great deals because that’s what I got. Some I bought more recently will reflect more recent pricing. I will ship worldwide and insure at actual costs. Initially, at least, I want to avoid PayPal if at all possible, but we can talk about that.

…and no magazines. It’s a great collection of US firsts, limiteds, and proofs.

I have a great Joe Hill collection too, all of his Lettereds (a “B” HSB), 20th Century Ghosts in the slipcase, several mags with first appearances of stories, all the chapbooks. Do not yet have in hand the Lettered Locke and Key from SubT Press, but I will get them in matching letters.

I am going to post this in 4 places: Intriguing Sales, Collectible Classifieds, and 2 Joe Hill threads. The managers may move or delete some if they don’t like me doing that, no problem. I will post the lists in Collectible Classifieds only, OK?

What you folks don’t take either goes to Ebay or consignment, I have to crunch some numbers before I decide. Sorry for the long post, but a lot of this stuff will interest you guys.

Last thing: remember I reserve the right to wake up tomorrow, and use the late, great Gilda Radner’s line: “never mind.”

---Kyle.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you do go through with the sale, I can only say to you "Good Luck". Well, that and "I want first dibs on the Eyes of the Dragon S/L."
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Good luck with the sale, Kyle, if you choose to go through with it.

We'll leave the single post here, but let's put the rest of the discussion/listing of it in Collectible Classified as you mentioned.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Kyle, best to your sales. It would be nice if any sales garnered here resulted in a donation from you to our 2010 The Haven Foundation fundraiser.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Here's a title that doesn't come up too often. Not great condition, but still, it's rare.

Contraband #2

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KING-ear...item4149c77231

Along the Path of the Beam DavidK44 is on a distinguished road

There was interest in a previous large set of the Stephen King Library red faux leather books. Here's a new set of 16 of the books on eBay that I just noticed:

http://cgi.ebay.com/16-Books-of-The-...360198551245QQ

Books included:
    1) Thinner

2) Carrie

3) The Dead Zone

4) Dolores Claiborne

5) Misery

6) The Shining

7) IT

8 ) Needful Things

9) Four Past Midnight

10) Salem's Lot

11) Firestarter

12) Gerald's Game

13) Insomnia

14) Pet Sematary

15) Skeleton Crew

16) The Dark Half

Regards, DavidK

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

So a couple weeks ago I win a Waste Lands S/L for $213 and today I win a Black House S/L for $153.

WTF?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, great deals, Rick.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Both books should have sold for twice what I got them for.

Did I just get lucky, or is the SK market that deep into the toilet?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Rick!

John

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Part of me says you got lucky, the other part of me says that the market, sadly, is hurting that much.

Case in point, how many of us have books for sale right now that would have SOLD for more than we're asking in 2005 or 2006, and have had little or no action on them?
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

You know, I think they were just poorly listed.

In the Waste Lands auction, the seller did not put the word SIGNED in the title.

In the Black House auction, the seller did not put the word STEPHEN in the title.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    You know, I think they were just poorly listed.

In the Waste Lands auction, the seller did not put the word SIGNED in the title.

In the Black House auction, the seller did not put the word STEPHEN in the title.
    I agree. Poorly listed in a down market.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tippy, my fault it went to $153. It was sitting at $99 until about an hour before closing, so I said wtf and put a bid in at $150. Grats on getting it. GREAT price. sorry about bumping it up on you.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey...no sweat...and besides...If you had not...someone else may have done so in the last few minutes of the auction.

The seller has the shipping @ $4 for Priority. I am skeptical that he will actually ship it Priority (he actually has a recent negative fb for stating he will ship an item Priority and then shipping it Media Mail instead). I don't care how it is shipped as long as it arrives safe.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got my first two 1st edition DT books today, i'm not much of a collector but I thought it would be nice to at least have some nice editions of the DT books, got W&G for £36($59), and Wastelands for £28($48 ). Now i'm looking for DOTT and the Viking re-issues.

Because the DT books were hardly cheap at publication ($45 rrp for a 1997 trade!) it means that people actually look after them so there easy to find in excellent condition. I have such a hard time trying to find all the books from the 80's and 90's in good condition, there not valuable in anyway so I guess people just throw them about not caring about the state of them.

Btw is this auction over-priced?.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes I think that is overpriced.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    Tippy, my fault it went to $153. It was sitting at $99 until about an hour before closing, so I said wtf and put a bid in at $150. Grats on getting it. GREAT price. sorry about bumping it up on you.
    I'm confused. If you were willing to pay a certain price for an eBay auction item, why would you apologize for placing a legitimate bid?

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I think he is saying that he is sorry he jacked up the price by $54.

Like I said, no hard feelings whatsoever. I would have felt like a thief had I paid $99 for it. You placed your bid....it was what you were willing to pay. That's how it works.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    ...You placed your bid....it was what you were willing to pay. That's how it works.
    Exactly my point. I don't think we need to start apologizing to each other when we come in second place on eBay. It was a nice gesture on his part though.

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

heh. Guess I just meant that I'd rather Tippy had gotten it for the $99, but since he says he'd have felt like a cheat, you're welcome
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.horror-mall.com/THE-COLO...n-p-18466.html

Not sure what a lettered Colorado Kid is worth these days - but heres one for $647.50.

Horror Mall is having a 50% off clearance sale on order of $50 or more. When this one goes in your shopping bag the price drops to $650.

HOLY SHIT! Someone grab this!

Also, the lettered edition of HAUNTER AT THE THRESHOLD - a $1250 book (and a good value at that!) can be had for $625.... whats going on!?!?!?!

https://www.horror-mall.com/THE-HAUN...n-p-18571.html

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Not sure what a lettered Colorado Kid is worth these days - but heres one for $647.50.
    They sell for list price or less. I have this one already. It's the Miller one I do not have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 111 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 211 611 ... LastLast