Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 603 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 27551

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe Bob's use of the panic smilie above might have been his first intentional use of one so that should work nicely for him.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob, beware, emoticons are a gateway drug. Next thing you know, you'll have an avatar, and then a signature.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

OMG, now I know why the earth moved a while ago!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Bob, beware, emoticons are a gateway drug. Next thing you know, you'll have an avatar, and then a signature.
    I don't think that is true. I can stop anytime I want to. No, really.....I can.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

lol!!!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

wow RF! I didn't even notice bob didn't have an av!, I'm in shock!.

How can collector legends not have an av.....oh I don't understand.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Cause, we all know who Bob is, he doesn't need a pic to tell us!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

We all know its Bob BECAUSE he has no av

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

His avatar is the absence of an avatar. That's very profound!

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

russdj had quite the reputation among King collectors on eBay for quite a while 7 or 8 years ago. For quite a long time it was nearly impossible for any of the rest of us to buy anything on eBay. russdj was buying everything with really high bids. He reminded me of the infamous "Dr. Mindful" about 10 years ago. Just bidding whatever it took to win everything of significance. .

that's how i feel whenever i try to go against bob for something big.... i'm anxiously perched on the edge of my seat awaiting the day he burnsout so the rest of us might have a chance at those special goodies he always seems to snag.
    just for bob=>

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for that user background, Bob. Very interesting.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    His avatar is the absence of an avatar. That's very profound!
    Very Zen.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A seller to which i bought some french fanzine from Burt Hatlen's collection have a LOT more items to sell from his collection. I thought some could interest you. It seems they ALL (?) are Presentation Copy, personalised to Hatlen. The seller apparently have have WAY more King's books than the following list.
    email of the seller : lippincottbooks[AT]midmaine.com

*Burt Hatlen and Stephen King

Burt Hatlen was a major influence on King's writing, beginning when King took a writing workshop with Hatlen in the late 1960s.
    King's first book appearance, in Moth, came out of that workshop (where he also met his future wife, Tabitha Spruce). King devotes several pages in On Writing to describe that experience. King sent manuscripts to Hatlen for his input throughout his career. He named several of his characters after Hatlen, including Brooks Hatlen, the prison librarian in the novella "Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption.” In a postscript to his novel Lisey's Story, King said of Hatlen "Burt was the greatest English teacher I ever had. It was he who first showed me the way to the pool, which he called ‘the language-pool, the myth-pool, where we all go down to drink.”

Virginia Hatlen, Burt's wife, was also friends with King and a reader and critic of his manuscripts.

Stephen King. Six Stories. Bangor, Me: Philtrum Press, 1997. First and only edition. One of 200 copies signed by King numbered in Roman numerals; these were reserved for the author and given to friends (there were also 900 numbered in Arabic). This copy is also /inscribed/ on the free front endpaper: “For Burt and Virginia- With love and good wishes, Steve - 3/30/97.” $1,500

King, Stephen. Lisey's Story. New York: Scribner, 2006. First edition. /Presentation Copy:/* *“For Burt and Virginia- With love and good wishes, Stephen King 10/5/06.” In an author's statement that follows the novel/, /King writes of Burt Hatlen /"Burt was the greatest English teacher I ever had. It was he who first showed me the way to the pool, which he called ‘the language-pool, the myth-pool, where we all go down to drink.”/ $1,000

King, Stephen. Lisey's Story. London: Hodder and Stoughton, 2006. Uncorrected advance proof. Hand numbered 56 of 100
    copies. Stiff black paper wrappers, title in silver on spine and front cover. VGF. In original folded black box, “Stephen King” in
    silver on front and back cover; 1” tear at base else VG. $250

King, Stephen. On Writing. New York: Scribner, 2000. Advance Reader's copy. /Presentation Copy/: “For Burt and Virginia Hatlen- All the best, Stephen King 4/16/00.
    In a postscript listing books that have influenced King, Hatlen has put a pen mark next to many of the titles. $500

King, Stephen. Misery. New York: Viking, 1987. First edition. Presentation Copy: “For Burt and Virginia with hopes that your states will encompass _anything_ but this - misery. Much love, Stephen King 5/8/87. Graduation day.” $500

King, Stephen. Christine. New York: Viking, 1983. First edition. Presentation Copy: “For Burt - With best wishes, Stephen King 7/6/83.” $350

King, Stephen. Needful Things. New York: Viking, 1991. First edition. Presentation Copy: “For Burt and Virginia - Best wishes from an old friend- Stephen King 11/4/91.” $450

King, Stephen & Straub, Peter. The Talisman. New York: Viking, 1984. First edition. Presentation Copy: “For Burt and Virginia Hatlen - Best wishes... and welcome to the Territories! Stephen King 10/22/84.” $450

King, Stephen. It. New York: Viking, 1986. First edition. Presentation Copy: “For Virginia - and Burt - but mostly for Virginia, who read this fucker three times- Steve King 10/1/86.” $650

King, Stephen. Firestarter. New York: Viking, 1980. First edition. Presentation Copy: “For the Hatlens - With all good wishes; hope you like this. Steve King 9/13/80.”

King, Stephen. On Writing. New York: Scribner, 2000. Advance Reading copy. Presentation Copy: “For Burt and Virginia Hatlen- All the best, Stephen King 4/16/00.” $500

King, Stephen. Six Stories. Bangor, Maine: Philtrum Press, 1997. First edition. Presentation Copy: “For Burt and Virginia- With love and good wishes, Steve 3/30/97.”

King, Stephen. Lisey's Story. New York: Scribner, 2006. First edition. Presentation Copy: “For Burt and Virginia- With love and good wishes, Stephen King 10/5/06.” $1,000

King, Stephen. Lisey's Story. New York: Scribner, 2006. First edition. Presentation Copy: “For Hedda- With best wishes- now this is _your_ story. Stephen King 1/30/07.” $350

King, Stephen. Bag of Bones. New York: Scribner, 1998. First edition. Presentation Copy: “For Burt and Virginia- With all the best, Stephen King 9/21/98.” $450

Bachman, Richard. Blaze. New York: Scribner, 2007. First edition. Presentation Copy: “For Burt and Virginia- This is _very_ old school. Stephen King 7/25/07.” $450

King, Stephen. Lisey's Story. London: Hodder and Stoughton, 2006. Uncorrected advance proof. 056/100.

King, Stephen. The Stand. New York: Doubleday, 1990. Presentation Copy: “For Burt and Virginia- With best wishes and lots of love, Steve King 5/24/90(?)” $350

King, Stephen. The Tommyknockers. New York: Putnam, 1987. First edition. Presentation Copy: “For Burt and Virginia - Best wishes... and watch out for the Tommyknocker man! Stephen King 12/2/87.” $500

King, Stephen. The Dark Tower III: The Wastelands. Hampton Falls, New Hampshire: Donald M. Grant, 1991. First edition. Presentation Copy: “For Burt and Virginia- Come in under the shadows of these red rocks...Steve King 11/4/91.”

Terrell, Carroll F. Stephen King: Man and Artist. Orono, Maine: Northern Lights, 1990. First edition. One of 75 copies in silver cloth. Presentation Copy: “For Burt with many regards Carroll F. Terrell.”

Furth, Robin. Stephen King's The Dark Tower:A Concordance. Volume I. New York: Scribner, 2003. First edition. Presentation Copy: “To Burt and Virginia- Love, Robin”

Furth, Robin. Stephen King's The Dark Tower: A Concordance. Volume II. New York: Scribner, 2005. First edition. Presentation Copy: “To Burt and Virginia- Love, Robin January 10, 2006.”

*** STEPHEN KING MOTH, 1970, $500
    Result 2 of 4
    King, Stephen Moth

Description: 1970. Unpaginated. Author's first book appearance. The first appearance in book form of three poems by Stephen King, predating any commercial printing of his work. Moth was an anthology which evolved out of a poetry seminar at the University of Maine, where King was a student at the time. Other contributers include Tabitha Spruce, who not long after married Stephen to become Tabitha King. (In his autobiographical book, On Writing, King writes of falling in love with Tabitha during this poetry workshop-he also describes the workshop at some length in the book.) Another contributor was Michael Alpert, who later worked with King as co-founder of Philtrum Press, where he designed and composed the type for the ultra rare publication The Plant, and the limited editions of The Eyes of the Dragon, and Six Stories. The most important poem by King in Moth is the first: "The Dark Man," the genesis of his sprawling epic, The Dark Tower. The second poem, "Donovan's Brain," was inspired by the book and movie of the same name. King did other poems and stories for literary magazines before he was published commercially but this anthology represents King's most important work in this form, and was the confluence for people of significance to King's life and work.

Publisher: The Blanket Conspiracy, Orono, Maine, 1970
    Edition: First Edition
    Book Condition: Near Fine
    Identification Number: 3200
    Make payments with PayPal, it's fast, free, and secure!
    Price: $500.00

*** Lunt, Dean Lawrence. King, Stephen Here for Generations: The Story of a Maine Bank and Its City

Description: xviii, 334 pp. With Introduction by Stephen King. Illustrated with b & w photographs of bank personel as well as the city of Bangor. Appendix, bibliography, and index. Red cloth, gilt titles.

Publisher: Islandport Press, Frenchboro, Maine, 2002
    Edition: First Edition
    Book Condition: Fine
    Jacket Condition: Near Fine
    Identification Number: 3168
    Price: $18.00
    Never heard about this introduction before, even though it's in Justin's book
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

A nice collection, for sure. I won't be buying, but how do interested collectors get in touch?

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    A nice collection, for sure. I won't be buying, but how do interested collectors get in touch?
    lippincottbooks[AT]midmaine.com

sk

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    lippincottbooks[AT]midmaine.com

sk
    Thanks Siep! I guess HW added it later because it wasn't there... or was it? Am I going insane??

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i added it ;-)
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Hmmmm.... if only my first name were Burt or Virginia....
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

This is a neat little signed item. I bet it sells well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/stephen-king-aut...d=p3286.c0.m14

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting it is unnumbered.

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting it is unnumbered.
    It's not the signed/limited. It's a promo card. I don't imagine they would be numbered.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Is the card actually signed, or a reproduction of King's signature?

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Backtracking to Bob's lack of an avatar. He is unique in that amongst the collectors like so many of his collectibles...one of a kind.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps this would be Bob's signature:

And this his Av:

Country
    Country Flag

Is the card actually signed, or a reproduction of King's signature?
    I would say it is signed. The seller also has a letter of providence.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 603 ... LastLast