Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 191 591 1091 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not anymore he doesn't Ari. They're either gone or ended.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Gunslinger Apprentice Earth's Militant Mind is on a distinguished road Earth's Militant Mind's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    No...I really think the AEs are worth $250-$300 for a set.

One way to find out...

I just listed a DT5AE with a BIN if $115, a DT6AE with a BIN of $85, and a DT7AE with a BIN of $70.

$270 for all three.

Let's see if they sell.....
    Well V and VI sold so I think you have the bottom price just about right on those two. I doubt VII will sell though, I think the higher print run and the fact that you can still get one from Grant hurts it's value.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Earth's Militant Mind View Post

One way to find out...

I just listed a DT5AE with a BIN if $115, a DT6AE with a BIN of $85, and a DT7AE with a BIN of $70.

$270 for all three.

Well V and VI sold so I think you have the bottom price just about right on those two. I doubt VII will sell though, I think the higher print run and the fact that you can still get one from Grant hurts it's value.
    But if I remember right you can only get VII with the purchase of another book set. I could be wrong.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Gunslinger Apprentice Earth's Militant Mind is on a distinguished road Earth's Militant Mind's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post

One way to find out...

$270 for all three.

But if I remember right you can only get VII with the purchase of another book set. I could be wrong.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    That is correct you have to purchase it with the Talisman/Black House gift set. but since there were 5000 copies of this made I bet there are still too many out there to keep the value up.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps not a good sign of the long term value of the LSoE AE then?

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I sold my DT5AE for $112.50 and my DT6AE for $82.50 today.

$195 for the two.

I lowered my opening bid on my DT7AE to $60, and my BIN price to $65.

I have seven people watching the auction.

If someone bids my $60 minimum, that would mean $255 for the set.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    LSoE AE has a 4000 book print run but I think you are still correct because of the amount going unsold, still lack of remarqes popping up may prompt more buying by determined collectors.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    LSoE AE has a 4000 book print run but I think you are still correct because of the amount going unsold, still lack of remarqes popping up may prompt more buying by determined collectors.
    I think it would almost be easier to sit on the side and buy one when it appears for ~1K-1.5K. More prudent than buying 20 copies and being frustrated.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

It is like you read my mind Jerome.

I bought eight copies...and no luck.

But, I have sold off four of them for about 80% of what I paid for them (after ebay and Paypal fees).

Keeping one for myself.....leaves three to get rid of.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

french THE STAND

o slipcase set, pretty cheap:
    http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=280334295808
    o 3 books without slipcase
    http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=130300511191
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Apprentice blg is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Whoever is selling this didn't put "Stephen King" in the title so it hardly has any views:

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Gunslinger_W...1%7C240%3A1318

My biggest question is did the 2nd editions originally come shrinkwrapped and if so, how do you tell a difference without opening it up?

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is it just me or does the "signature" look like it is on a sticky note attached to the shrink-wrap?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm almost positive that the first printing of Gunslinger was not shrinkwrapped. And yes, that looks like a sticky note.

John

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by blg View Post
    Whoever is selling this didn't put "Stephen King" in the title so it hardly has any views:

My biggest question is did the 2nd editions originally come shrinkwrapped and if so, how do you tell a difference without opening it up?
    I'm not sure if either edition originally came shrink wrapped, although I have seen them auctioned as such before. The only way to tell is based on the color of the boards. Maroon for the first edition, black for the second.

$800 seems like a good price for a fine/fine 1st with a nice tray case, no?

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

you can ask the seller what color the cloth boards are. They can be seen from the top and bottom of the book while in shrinkwrap. The first edition was bound in brown and the second was bound with black cloth.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Both editions were originally shrinkwrapped when they came from DMG.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I stand corrected!

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I stand corrected!
    The only reason I know is that I distinctly remember sitting in the car after I bought THE GUNSLINGER in 1982 at a comic shop in Seattle for $20. I sat there and took it out of the shrinkwrap to look through it prior to driving back to Tacoma. I felt very guilty about spending so much money on a book and considered for a while taking the book back in to return it. But I REALLY liked those illustrations and decided to keep it. It was my first King hardcover book.

In 1997 I got an e-mail from Donald Grant offering shrinkwrapped first editions of THE GUNSLINGER for $500. It seems a retailer was returning unsold copies. I know this sounds crazy but that is what they said. Anyway, I bought one and it is still in the shrinkwrap.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

I also own a 2nd edition in shrinkwrap.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

As do I.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I sold my DT5AE for $112.50 and my DT6AE for $82.50 today.

$195 for the two.

I lowered my opening bid on my DT7AE to $60, and my BIN price to $65.

I have seven people watching the auction.

If someone bids my $60 minimum, that would mean $255 for the set.
    Auction for DT7AE ended without a bidder, but I just sold one for $55 outside of ebay.

So in the end I got $250 for all three (minus paypal fees, and ebay fees on two of them).
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have that hat.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

*with hypnotising eyes* Mail. The hat. To me. You can PM me for my address.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 191 591 1091 ... LastLast