Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 207 607 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 27565

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    ... and yet another UTD Review Copy with a BIN price of $600! (Best Offer possible though).

... and another one... (this one says it's an ARC but the description states it's a hardcover. No picture available).
    I really can't understand anyone paying very much money for one of those. I think after the book comes out we can make our own if we so desire. Buy a hardcover, throw the dj away, print out a little label with the ISBN number on it and stick it on the back of the book. Voila! An "ARC"!
    I agree, Bob. Of course it's neat to obtain a copy of the book before it's published but the Collector in me definitely values the proofs a lot higher (anyone want to trade a UK UTD Proof for a UK 1st/1st of The Stand? )

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    ... and yet another UTD Review Copy with a BIN price of $600! (Best Offer possible though).

... and another one... (this one says it's an ARC but the description states it's a hardcover. No picture available).
    I really can't understand anyone paying very much money for one of those. I think after the book comes out we can make our own if we so desire. Buy a hardcover, throw the dj away, print out a little label with the ISBN number on it and stick it on the back of the book. Voila! An "ARC"!
    I agree, Bob. Of course it's neat to obtain a copy of the book before it's published but the Collector in me definitely values the proofs a lot higher (anyone want to trade a UK UTD Proof for a UK 1st/1st of The Stand? )
    It is a good point you make about someone wanting to read the book early. But from a collectiblilty standpoint I don't think these "ARCs" hastily thrown together with little pre-planning on the part of the publisher will have much value in the long run.

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

I agree Carlos, $600 to read the book first makes zero sense as this ARC will certainly not be worth that next year...but to each his own.

I'm still trying to figure out why baseballs signed by king are listed at $300-$700
    I wonder how much a King Book signed by Nolan Ryan would be worth?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller
    It is a good point you make about someone wanting to read the book early. But from a collectiblilty standpoint I don't think these "ARCs" hastily thrown together with little pre-planning on the part of the publisher will have much value in the long run.
    Again, agreed. Me, I'm awaiting my chance to grab a copy of the numbered UK UTD proof a couple of months (or maybe even a year) from now, once the initial excitement is gone. That one is the most desirable, in my opinion.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

(anyone want to trade a UK UTD Proof for a UK 1st/1st of The Stand? )
    The UK proofs of UTD will be worth about a tenth of a 1st/1st The Stand next year.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    (anyone want to trade a UK UTD Proof for a UK 1st/1st of The Stand? )
    The UK proofs of UTD will be worth about a tenth of a 1st/1st The Stand next year.
    Yes, you're probably right... I wasn't being serious anyway; although I'd really like to obtain an UTD proof I wouldn't pay hundreds of £ or $ for it... and I would certainly not trade it for a UK 1st/1st of The Stand. Proof collecting has proven to be contagious but as long as I don't even own complete sets of the trade hardcovers... they're not a priority.

Country
    Country Flag

This might be a good deal for someone from the UK looking to start a serious trade HC collection by the way...

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

<-- I really hate that I can't get to ebay through my work firewall !
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    <-- I really hate that I can't get to ebay through my work firewall !
    Just in case you were referring to my previous post, Pam, this is the deal: a starting bid of £399 for the following collection (the catch is, of course, you have to buy the lot - but still...):

Spoiler:

CARRIE USA VERY EARLY BC EDITION DOUBLEDAY

SALEMS LOT UK EX LIB HB 1ST ED NEW ENGLISH LIBRARY

SALEMS LOT USA HB EX LIB DOUBLEDAY

THE SHINING UK EX LIB HB 1ST ED NEW ENGLISH LIBRARY

THE SHINING USA HB BC EDITION DOUBLEDAY

NIGHTSHIFT USA VERY EARLY HB BC EDITION DOUBLEDAY

THE STAND USA EARLY HB BC EDITION DOUBLEDAY

DEAD ZONE UK 1ST ED HB M & J RAVEN

DEAD ZONE USA 1ST ED HB VIKING

CUJO USA 1ST HB VIKING

FIRESTARTER UK 1ST ED HB MACDONALD

FIRESTARTER USA 1ST ED HB VIKING

DIFFERENT SEASONS UK 1ST ED HB MACDONALD

DIFFERENT SEASONS USA 1ST ED HB VIKING

DANSE MACABRE UK 1ST ED PB HB EVEREST HOUSE

DANSE MACABRE USA 1ST ED HB EVEREST HOUSE

CHRISTINE UK 1ST ED HB HODDER

CHRISTINE USA 1ST HB VIKING

CYCLE OF THE WEREWOLF UK 1ST ED NEL

PET SEMETARY UK 1ST ED HB HODDER

PET SEMETARY USA 1ST HB VIKING

SKELETON CREW UK 1ST ED HB MACDONALD

SKELETON CREW USA 1ST ED HB PUTNAM

IT UK 1ST ED HB HODDER

IT USA 1ST ED HB VIKING

MISERY UK 1ST ED HB HODDER

MISERY USA 1ST ED HB VIKING

THE TOMMYKNOCKERS UK 1ST ED HB HODDER

THE TOMMYKNOCKERS USA 1ST ED HB VIKING

THE DARK HALF UK 1ST ED HB HODDER

THE DARK HALF USA 1ST ED HB VIKING

THE STAND UNCUT EDITION UK 1ST ED HB HODDER

THE STAND UNCUT EDITION USA 1ST ED HB DOUBLEDAY

FOUR HALF MIDNIGHT UK 1ST ED HB HODDER

FOUR HALF MIDNIGHT USA 1ST ED HB VIKING

NEEDFUL THINGS UK 1ST ED HB HODDER

NEEDFUL THINGS USA 1ST ED HB VIKING

GERALDS GAME UK 1ST ED HB HODDER

GERALDS GAME UK BC ED LTD 2000

GERALDS GAME USA 1ST ED HB VIKING

DOLORES CLAIBORNE UK 1ST ED HB HODDER

DOLORES CLAIBORNE USA 1ST ED HB VIKING

INSOMNIA UK 1ST ED HB HODDER

INSOMNIA USA 1ST ED HB VIKING ( WHITE ON RED COVER )

INSOMNIA USA 1ST ED HB VIKING ( RED ON WHITE COVER )

NIGHTMARES & DREAMSCAPES UK 1ST ED HB HODDER

NIGHTMARES & DREAMSCAPES USA 1ST ED HB VIKING

ROSE MADDER UK 1ST ED HBHODDER

ROSE MADDER USA 1ST ED HBVIKING

DESPERATION UK 1ST ED HB HODDER

DESPERATION / REGULATORS USA 1ST HB ED SET WITH FREE READING

LIGHT.

REGULATORS UK 1ST ED HBHODDER

BAG OF BONES USA 1ST ED HB SCRIBNER

HEARTS IN ATLANTIS UK 1ST ED HB HODDER

HEARTS IN ATLANTIS USA 1ST ED HB SCRIBNER

DREAMCATCHER UK 1ST ED HB HODDER

DREAMCATCHER USA 1ST ED HB SCRIBNER

THE GREEN MILE UK 6 PART PAPERBACK SERIES ALL 1ST ED

THE GREEN MILE UK HB 1ST ED HB ORION

THE GREEN MILE USA HB 1ST ED HB SCRIBNER

THE BLACK HOUSE UK 1ST ED HB (BLACK ON WHITE COVER)

THE BLACK HOUSE UK 1ST ED HB (WHITE ON BLACK COVER)

ON WRITING UK 1ST ED HB HODDER

ON WRITING USA 1ST ED LARGE PRINT ED HB WITH PREVIOUS OWNER INSCRIPTION ON FEP.

THE TALISMAN UK 1ST ED HB VIKING

EYES OF THE DRAGON UK 1ST ED HB VIKING

EYES OF THE DRAGON USA 1ST ED HB VIKING

STORM OF THE CENTURY USA 1ST HB BMC

FROM A BUICK 8 UK 1ST ED HB HODDER

FROM A BUICK 8 USA 1ST ED HB SCRIBNER

THE GIRL WHO LOVED TOM GORDON UK 1ST ED HB HODDER

THE GIRL WHO LOVED TOM GORDON USA 1ST ED HB SCRIBNER

EVERYTHINGS EVENTUAL UK 1ST ED HB HODDER

EVERYTHINGS EVENTUAL USA 1ST ED HB SCRIBNER

CELL UK 1ST ED HB HODDER

JUST AFTER SUNSET UK 1ST ED HB HODDER

LISEYS STORY UK 1ST ED HB HODDER

DUMA KEY UK 1ST ED HB HODDER

UMNEYS LAST CASE UK 1ST (PART OF THE PENGUIN 60’S EDITIONS)

THE MIST MOVIE TIE IN 1ST USA ED PB

THE COLORADO KID USA 1ST ED PB

CREEPSHOW GRAPHIC NOVEL LATER PRINTING

SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION SHOOTING SCRIPT

BLOOD AND BONES CD AUDIO BOOK

WRITING AS RICHARD BACHMAN

THINNER UK 1ST ED HB WITH YELLOW PROMO BAND NEW ENGLISH LIBRARY

THINNER USA 1ST ED BC ED HB

REGULATORS UK 1ST ED HODDER

BLAZE UK 1ST ED HODDER

THE DARK TOWER SERIES:-

THE GUNSLINGER UK LARGE SOFTCOVER 1ST ED SPHERE BOOKS

THE DRAWING OF THE THREE UK LARGE SOFTCOVER 1ST ED SPHERE BOOKS

THE WASTELANDS UK LARGE SOFTCOVER 1ST ED SPHERE BOOKS

WIZARD AND GLASS VERY RARE HODDER UK HARDBACK 1ST ED

WOLVES OF CALLA 1ST ED UK ED HB

SONG OF SUSANNAH UK 1ST ED UK ED HB

THE DARK TOWER UK 1ST ED UK ED HB

(I put it in spoiler tags as not to stretch the page needlessly )

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Thank you! Yes, I was referring to your post, but just sort of venting because I'm sure I miss stuff posted here because when I get home and check them out - a lot have been purchased with BIN !!

Anyways, thanks so much for posting those details!

That's quite a list.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

This might be a good deal for someone from the UK looking to start a serious trade HC collection by the way...
    He's dropped the price by £100 since last week's listing.

Along the Path of the Beam kacod is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmaniscoming View Post
    I agree Carlos, $600 to read the book first makes zero sense as this ARC will certainly not be worth that next year...but to each his own.

I'm still trying to figure out why baseballs signed by king are listed at $300-$700
    I wonder how much a King Book signed by Nolan Ryan would be worth?
    Well said!

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    You got that right!

(Actually, I have a condition known as benign essential tremor, which means I shake pretty badly. I can't hold a camera steady. That's why all the pictures that I post--other than the ones I "borrow" from eBay and other sources--are done on my scanner.)

John
    Hey John, a might bit off topic, but I know what you are going through. My mother was diagnosed with essential tremors. She lived with it for many a year before colon cancer took her.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Gunslinger Apprentice Rusher is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hi All, Just figured I would throw this on here in case anyone was interested. I was going to buy it myself but Im too poor at the moment...lol

Its a Signed Limited Skeleton Crew # 831 . I will put the link up here, but its from one of the big auction house websites. It ends in 16 hours and there are no current bids. The opening bid is 300 ( which goes to 345 with the buyers premium ) but still a good price for the book.

http://www.hakes.com/item.asp?Auction=198&ItemNo=82631

Gunslinger Apprentice Solar is on a distinguished road Solar's Avatar

Sweet - I put a little bid on it. Thanks for the heads up!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Only a couple bids and it's still low. I'd place a bid at this price if I hadn't finally bought a copy earlier this year. Good luck, Solar.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Jerad from Centpede Press posted this in his most recent newsletter:
    Salem's Lot deluxe available
    The last copy of Salem's Lot deluxe, the one owned by
    myself, is up for sale. The book comes with the traycase,
    an extra suite of prints by Jerry Uelsmann, and the book
    is, of course, signed by Stephen King. It also comes with
    the original letter from Stephen King to me, along with the
    originals of all correspondence with Doubleday, Pocket
    Books, and King's business manager. These are all originals
    and will serve to make this edition much more valuable, in
    the future, than the asking price. The set also comes with
    the Stephen King Interviews book, and the prospectus for
    The Shining, which unfortunately was never published.

If you wish to have more information on this book, please
    send me an email. I am working on a PDF which will show the
    book in all of its glory.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like something Bob will grab!

John

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Wo wo wo wo...

Hold your horses.

Did I understand it correctly? Does Jerad have After the play???
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Sounds like something Bob will grab!

John
    Or Terry.

In any case, I hope this package ends up with one of our members so we can learn more about it.

Especially love to hear the story on The Shining prospectus and project.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

nah....
    Salem's Lot deluxe available
    The last copy of Salem's Lot deluxe, the one owned by
    myself, is up for sale. - already have a red roman numeraled one of these
    The book comes with the traycase - already have two of these
    an extra suite of prints by Jerry Uelsmann, already have these
    and the book is, of course, signed by Stephen King. - as is mine

It also comes with the original letter from Stephen King to me, along with the originals of all correspondence with Doubleday, Pocket Books, and King's business manager. These are all originals and will serve to make this edition much more valuable, in the future, than the asking price. The set also comes with the Stephen King Interviews book, and the prospectus for
    The Shining, which unfortunately was never published. - and jerad offered this to me over a year ago... but his price was way to high (for me) at the time... i don't know if he's dropped it since. it was quite a bit higher than i paid for the entire doubleday collection i bought...and not anywhere near the amount of stuff.

- i might be wrong, but i'm pretty bob has passed on this previously already also.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hope someone here get it.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Jerad wanted to publish a S/L 30 aniversary edition of The Shining, but King didn't want to.

JK potter did some illustrations for the presentation of the project.

I really think it'd have been an incredible S/L edition.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Wo wo wo wo...

Hold your horses.

Did I understand it correctly? Does Jerad have After the play???
    i dont think so, as everyone thought it was lost... even Bob didnt know.
    If Jerad had it, i am pretty sure he would have known it... and without necessarily telling us who own it, he would have said that he heard about someone having it

unpublished prospectus....could be an ad for shining
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My guess is there was conversation around doing a S/L version of The Shining similiar to the 'Salem's Lot one and Jerad has communication around that. Just my guess, mind you!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 207 607 ... LastLast