Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 112 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 162 212 612 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Some great (starting) prices for these S/L gems:

Christine

Skeleton Crew

If I hadn't purchased the two-volume Talisman, the trade HC of Cycle of The Werewolf, and the Green Mile limited gift edition the last week, I would have definitely put in a bid on the Skeleton Crew.

Gunslinger Apprentice F1racefan is on a distinguished road F1racefan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post

Christine

Skeleton Crew

If I hadn't purchased the two-volume Talisman, the trade HC of Cycle of The Werewolf, and the Green Mile limited gift edition the last week, I would have definitely put in a bid on the Skeleton Crew.
    0 feedback rating on the Christine

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by F1racefan View Post

Christine

Skeleton Crew

We all have to start sometime...

sk

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by F1racefan View Post

Christine

Skeleton Crew

We all have to start sometime...

sk
    You are correct...we all have to start somewhere..but to have a book, a S/L no less, this person has either been in the game awhile or is new to Ebay. Either way I personaly will not deal with anyone that has a 25 or below rating only because I want to be sure of the person selling has had positive transactions in the past. Maybe its just me but after all it is my money
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, but with Paypal you're totally protected...it's not really an issue.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Totally? Really? Seriously...I am asking because I did not know that.

I swear their policy used to be the seller had to have a certain feedback rating for you to be covered. I dunno.

Regardless, sellers need to use their heads when selling things. List a few cheap things first, build up a few feedbacks, and THEN go to the higher dollar items. Chooch is not alone with not wanting to deal with people with little or no feedback, and that only hurts the seller.

The flip side of this, is that there are some great deals out there if you are a buyer and willing to take a chance.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. Don't forget, although it wasn't on eBay, when Jared (Centipede Press) first announced his edition of Salem's Lot, he was an unknown also. That was a risk also.

John

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

It's like any credit card purchase...if you don't get the item/item not as described, your CC company will go to bat for you....It's a hassle and a pain, maybe, but you're protected.

This seller probably doesn't have anything else to sell....he/she realized they have one valuable item, and that's it...

Country
    Country Flag

I dont know Rahfa..I dont know anyone that only has one book of King, and a S/L to boot just laying around.. Tippy hit it on the head...if your just getting started then sell a few inexpensive items that you can build some type of reputation and then go for the higher priced item. I also beleive (but dont know for sure) that if you paid thru PayPal then your CC would really just hand you over to them (PayPal) for the issue. There are alot of great deals out there and that is one of them, but I'll pass solely on the big fat "0" rating. I dont need the hassle if it goes south. I mayhap be wrong, but hey....it works best for me Oh and Tippy...Seller must have a positive 25 + for you to be covered by PayPal.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Chooch, I remember an instance a year or two ago in which a lady was going through her recently deceased father's possessions and discovered a mint copy of the signed limited Gunslinger. She was looking for a value for it and eventually put it up on eBay.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Oh you are right John there is a possibility that this could be the only book they have...but like I said I know of no one that has a S/L only. I found a 1/1 of Treasure Island at a garage sale and paid 50 cents for it but...the price this seller wants seems to me they know what they have..perhaps did their homework, and have decided that Ebay was the way to go. I for one would have coinsigned it with a dealer rather then trying to sell my very first thing on Ebay with it. Zero feedback also means this person has never bought anything on Ebay also (I know you know this) ...I dont know...I'll watch this and if someone here snatches it up I'd love to hear about the book and the transaction !

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

UtD signed limited just sold for $610...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Auction says "Signed and numbered." I really don't remember ever seeing numbered being mentioned anywhere.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't recall any mention of it being numbered either.

$610.00? I wonder if there were some bogus bids thrown in to up the selling price?

Life is a garden...dig it!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking at the bidders, I don't get the feeling there was any shill bidding going on.

There are two others up on eBay now, one with BIN of $750. I'm watching both purely out of curiosity. I never expected that first one to go for that much (or even at all!)

John

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why would anyone pay over $600 for a book just a couple of weeks ago could be had for $200? That doesn't make any sense.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

You have to remember that the sale of that book was limited to those of us in the US. If you lived in another country, you didn't have much choice other than getting it in the secondary market. Of course, that doesn't explain the $600 price. That surprises me too.

John

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had it on the watch list just to see what happened with it. I didn't expect it to go for the $500 starting bid, let alone over 600
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

It's just the usual silliness...people who see it's sold out and panic...the value won't hold but there's always a spike.

Gunslinger Apprentice F1racefan is on a distinguished road F1racefan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone ever seen this before? It seems pretty unique.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dark-Tower-Steph...item35a4640522

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. Those were made by our Rachel Readman, an incredible artist!

And it looks simply AWESOME!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I was one of the signers in the DTVII book signing tour to which the item refers. Always wanted one of Rachel's productions, but the price was simply higher than I was willing to pay.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It is really cool. I wonder why the plaque says #3 of 250?

Quote Originally Posted by Chooch View Post
    I dont know Rahfa..I dont know anyone that only has one book of King, and a S/L to boot just laying around.. Tippy hit it on the head...if your just getting started then sell a few inexpensive items that you can build some type of reputation and then go for the higher priced item. I also beleive (but dont know for sure) that if you paid thru PayPal then your CC would really just hand you over to them (PayPal) for the issue. There are alot of great deals out there and that is one of them, but I'll pass solely on the big fat "0" rating. I dont need the hassle if it goes south. I mayhap be wrong, but hey....it works best for me Oh and Tippy...Seller must have a positive 25 + for you to be covered by PayPal.
    You wouldn't go through Paypal, you go through your CC company and dispute the charge that way...100 percent covered, this time, every time.

But - I agree with the overall point, if you're not comfortable with the seller, don't bid...but there are easier thngs to sell in a scam auction that SK s/l editions...it doesn't raise any red flags for me, but then I'm not bidding anyway!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    It is really cool. I wonder why the plaque says #3 of 250?
    Yes, that is interesting. All I recall is that there were two or three different variations of this sculpture.

Gunslinger Apprentice Rusher is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Well...the UTD S/L with the buy it now of 750 already sold. The same seller just put up another one with a buy it now of 875.00.... yikes. Thats quite a spike...lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 112 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 162 212 612 ... LastLast