Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1023 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 23 523 923 973 1013 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1033 1073 ... LastLast
Results 25,551 to 25,575 of 27563

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Some of Zubers listings are books they don't even have. I put a certain TED Klein book on my watch list. It was listed at $75 or so. Zuber copied the listing, used the same pictures and listed that same book for $40.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Folio Society released 80 of the signed Shinings today. They were up on my Facebook group..... sold for 99 pounds!!! They went in a New York SECOND.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I don't understand how the seller can have so many positive ratings, but screw so many people over.
    Oddly enough, I've just gotten a first hand lesson in how this can be so!

Last month, I purchased a "refurbished" computer item from a seller who has GREAT feedback.

The item did not work. Tried everything possible, it just didn't work.

Opened a return request.

He said he didn't accept returns but here are a bunch of crazy things to try to get the item to work.

eBay disagreed on his personal "no returns, haha, I sold you something broken and you're stuck with it" policy and forced him to accept the return.

I printed the label provided by eBay and returned the item.

eBay contacted me to acknowledge the seller had received the return and gave me a date when the refund HAD to be issued by.

No refund came.

Seller did contact me to say he wasn't going to refund the shipping.

He refunded nothing.

After the required date for refund arrived, eBay contacted me to see what was up and if I needed their help.

I clicked "yes" and an hour later I had my refund, as issued by eBay, because the seller had refunded to do so.

I've been on eBay since 1998, and I'm not sure I've EVER left negative feedback, but I did so for this guy because the situation was a huge hassle and he had refused to make it right.

My feedback was, "Item did not work and eBay had to issue a refund when the seller would not" or something like that.

An hour later, I get an email from eBay saying the feedback had been removed because it was EXTORTION.

Huh. So I call them, and they look into it, and they don't know WHY the rep who removed it removed it because the person didn't enter any notes, but they acknowledge that the feedback is 100% accurate and not extortion.

Great! It'll get put back up, right?

Nope... they have no mechanism for reinstating the feedback.

The person I spoke with was super nice, and it's totally not her fault for how the system works, but it is a broken system that allows bad sellers to game it.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Folio Society released 80 of the signed Shinings today. They were up on my Facebook group..... sold for 99 pounds!!! They went in a New York SECOND.
    Aaaargh didn’t know about this. If anyone’s selling, Kris, send them my way please.

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Aaaargh didn’t know about this. If anyone’s selling, Kris, send them my way please.
    Well that raises a lot of questions for me. Is it in addition to the claimed ~110 that were initially released? If it is, would it be considered a second printing? If it is part of the original 110, does that mean only 30 were initially released? That would explain the scarcity. Will the extra 80 impact the market value?

Hmm, interesting.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Did Folio announce this through email?

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post

Mulleins
    No not that I’m aware Ralph. A member posted the link. There was 80 copies they had held back (I’m guessing) from the 110. They sold some fast man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Mulleins
    No not that I’m aware Ralph. A member posted the link. There was 80 copies they had held back (I’m guessing) from the 110. They sold some fast man.

Holding them back doesn’t make sense though. They first announced that 110 were signed, but only sold 30? Then, out of the blue, years later, the other 80 are put up for sale with no preceding notice?!? These had to have been additional copies.

Country
    Country Flag

Mulleins

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post

Mulleins

Holding them back doesn’t make sense though. They first announced that 110 were signed, but only sold 30? Then, out of the blue, years later, the other 80 are put up for sale with no preceding notice?!? These had to have been additional copies.
    No I meant they had them then too.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Gotcha. Yeah, that would be more likely.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Mulleins

If you go back through the threads. Originally 100 were going to be given out RANDOMLY!!! if you purchased a copy of the book, you could have WON a copy. None were ever sold previously. It was speculated that 100 were never distributed randomly.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Something is really rotten in this whole thing.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Yeah, it sounds fishy to me too. Especially since I didn't get one.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

Mulleins

If you go back through the threads. Originally 100 were going to be given out RANDOMLY!!! if you purchased a copy of the book, you could have WON a copy. None were ever sold previously. It was speculated that 100 were never distributed randomly.
    It was 110. 100 were for customers who bought a book and 10 were for anyone who sent in a request without buying a book. All were to “win”
    Though.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Something is really rotten in this whole thing.
    I'm with you on this.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree...something not right here.....I own one of these...bought from a consignee. There is no way only 30 were initially issued.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I agree...something not right here.....I own one of these...bought from a consignee. There is no way only 30 were initially issued.
    110 were. I’m thinking they had 200 total maybe David? But not sure why they held back 80... that’s what I can’t figure out. And why not share with the public they were going live? Oh well, thankful I was fast. Lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Bad Moon Books has them for $600.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

THE POLITICS OF LIMITED EDITIONS by Stephen King, signed, an edition of one, Very Fine Books.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    More than that. He just told me that he sold them for $875, but would sell off eBay for $775.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    More than that. He just told me that he sold them for $875, but would sell off eBay for $775.
    Sold like 4 so far at that!!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I have a spare I’ll sell for $650 if anyone is looking. I had it sold and it just fell through

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't understand how the seller can have so many positive ratings, but screw so many people over.
    I was issued a refund. It was then next to impossible to leave feedback. The sale was marked as canceled, and the links all went away as if the sale never happened. I could see all of the details of my complaint and the refund. There was nowhere to leave feedback. I went to recent purchases, and it wasn't there. I searched eBay every way I could think of to leave feedback without success.

One reason they don't get as many negative feedbacks as they should is the difficulty in leaving it once a refund is issued.

Also leaving them negative feedback is like pissing into the wind. There last year of feedback...

30,822 Positive
    425 Neutral
    378 Negative

Spoiler:
    I was ready to leave them negative feedback this morning. I started to fill out the form, was distracted and went to work. I just used my browser history to find that link and left him negative feedback!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I’m not going to lie - the predatory pricing from badmoonbooks is disgusting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1023 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 23 523 923 973 1013 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1033 1073 ... LastLast