Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 122 172 572 1072 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the only etiquette would be if you and someone(s) you knew were "friends", and all bidding on or interested in an item, it would be OK to assist one another so that the item wasn't bid up. This could only occur between individuals willing to be honest amongst one another.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very true Randall. Very true.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default anyone in for a signed 1st Cujo

all you have to do to win this signed 1st edition / 17th printing Cujo is outbid the current $310 bid.... unless the current high bidder has a higher maximum or someone else outbids you. Better hurry only 3 hours left at the time of this post.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-SIG...QQcmdZViewItem

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    all you have to do to win this signed 1st edition / 17th printing Cujo is outbid the current $310 bid.... unless the current high bidder has a higher maximum or someone else outbids you. Better hurry only 3 hours left at the time of this post.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-SIG...QQcmdZViewItem
    Hutch,

Don't you mean "unless the current SHILL bidder has a higher maximum"

Will bidder 6***6 please reveal yourself

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, up to $355 for a 17th printing? And still another hour and a half to go.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not only a 17th printing, but the signature looks like recent King, not how his signature was back in the 80's.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just remember who the seller is.

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Just remember who the seller is.

John
    Enough said.

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the description and images look pretty straight forward to me ... I gotta blame the bidder on this one. I don't see anyone is twisting their arm, making them bid. Even if there is a shill bidder to raise the price and I'm not saying there is... there is a bidder out there who has no idea what they are doing.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I don't think it's a fake signature...just not worth that bid.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There's a sucker born every minute guys. Before I knew what I was doing, I paid $80 for a 1st edition of Cujo.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Collector's Lot (Starts @ $39.99)

Great batch of Stephen King collectibles for the discerning collector. Includes:
    TV Guide April 26 1997 featuring The Shining
    The Twilight Zone Magazine June 1983 featuring The Raft
    Rock Bottom Remainders (King's Band) playbill from the Hollywood Palladium 5/29/94
    Mid Life Confidential - a phony magazine about the Rock Bottom Remainders with lots of pictures of King and other authors in performance (1994)
    The New Yorker April 16 1990 featuring a massive King interview. (not pictured)
    All sealed in plastic - all nearly perfect.
    I'll even throw in a brand new (read once by me) copy of the newest King hardcover Just After Sunset (my wife won't let me keep any more books)

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Is it authorized by King or is this a possible copyright violation?
    It's a parody, so it's probably covered under fair use, but it wouldn't be a King violation in any case. King never wrote "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy." That line exists only in the movie.
    What did Jack Torrance write in the book The shining?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King The Dead Zone 1979 1st Edition Autographed

Interesting, great inscription and memorabilia, but a Book Club edition, not a first edition.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Interesting, great inscription and memorabilia, but a Book Club edition, not a first edition.
    Why do you say it's a Book Club edition?. Besides the price clipped DJ, I can't see any indication.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Why do you say it's a Book Club edition?. Besides the price clipped DJ, I can't see any indication.
    Good point. With a new DJ it would in effect be a 1st edition.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I copied and saved the following regarding identifying the Dead Zone first edition vs. the Book Club edition back in September 2006. I WISH I had noted from where and whom I copied it. My sincerest apologies to whomever first penned this!

Viking moved in the early 80's. Not sure exactly when, but it was between the publishing of Different Seasons and Christine, so either 1982 or 1983. The earlier address was 625 Madison Avenue, they moved to 40 West 23rd Street (both in N.Y). This is of crucial importance because most of the books published around that date are fairly hard to identify as firsts.

So how do you identify, say, a first edition of The Dead Zone? We'll look at the book and the DJ separately. First, the book. First Published in 1979 by The Viking Press is useless, they all say it. Absence of a number line? Usefull in differentiating between a 1st printing and a later printing, but useless in differentiating between a BCE and a 1st printing, because neither has number lines. What about size, you say. Some King BCE's are virtually the exact same size as the 1st editions. (The Dead Zone is one of these, It is another, not sure about others but unless you know for SURE that they NEVER made a BCE that size (and how can you really be sure?), then size wont help either (not all the time anyway). What's left? Quarter bound in black cloth with black boards? They're all like that. So now what's left? According to all the FAQ's I've seen, nothing. So there is NO surefire way to identify The Dead Zone as a first edition.

So basically people are identifying the dust jacket, not the book itself. Well, that's fine, right? If you've got a first edition DJ then it must be a first edition book, why the hell would someone put a first edition DJ on a book club? Where'd the first edition book go? DJ's almost always show wear before the book itself, so if you've got a real nice 1st edition DJ it'd be silly to think it contained a BCE book, right? The other way might happen, a First edition book with a shredded or absent DJ might have a BCE DJ, but you'd avoid that anyway assuming the book was also BCE.

Here's the problem. Later printing DJ's are, in at least some cases, identical to first edition DJ's. Christine is one of em, I own a 1st edition and a 3rd edition and the DJ's are completely identical. Date code is the same, price is the same, ISBN is the same, they're completely identical. The Dead Zone is the same way, at least up to the 6th printing (IIRC). So if you can't tell the difference between a 1st printing DJ and a 5th printing DJ, and you can't tell the difference between a BCE book and first edition book, then couldn't your "verified" first edition be a BCE with a later printing DJ? It sure as hell could, and I've seen several copies of the The Dead Zone in just such a manner sell for 75 dollars and up on eBay (as much as a real first edition, in other words. It's not like seeing a BCE Carrie sell for 75 dollars).

So here's where the little tidbit about Viking moving comes in. All the book clubs I've seen that are the correct size were printed AFTER 1983. The Dead Zone was, of course, printed in 1979. Which means the addresses should be different, and they are. The BCE's have the 40 West 23rd Street address, the real Firsts have the 625 Madison Avenue address. The nice thing here is that Viking printed the address on the CP AND the DJ. The later printings were still at 625 Madison, so when you see a BCE with a later printing DJ, not only is the address on the CP wrong, but the address on the CP and the DJ don't match.

Now, this doesn't mean that there couldn't be some BCE's out there that are the correct size printed before 1983. In which case I don't know what to tell ya.
    John

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by super sam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Is it authorized by King or is this a possible copyright violation?
    It's a parody, so it's probably covered under fair use, but it wouldn't be a King violation in any case. King never wrote "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy." That line exists only in the movie.
    What did Jack Torrance write in the book The shining?
    He was working on a play, The Little School. When he discovered all the historical documents in the basement of the hotel, he gave up the play, intending to write the hotel's history.

Gunslinger Apprentice bast_imret is on a distinguished road bast_imret's Avatar

That info seems to indicate that it's not a BCE. Both the CP and the DJ have the madison ave address, and it's inscribed in 1979, when first published.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I copied and saved the following regarding identifying the Dead Zone first edition vs. the Book Club edition back in September 2006. I WISH I had noted from where and whom I copied it. My sincerest apologies to whomever first penned this!

Viking moved in the early 80's. Not sure exactly when, but it was between the publishing of Different Seasons and Christine, so either 1982 or 1983. The earlier address was 625 Madison Avenue, they moved to 40 West 23rd Street (both in N.Y). This is of crucial importance because most of the books published around that date are fairly hard to identify as firsts.

So how do you identify, say, a first edition of The Dead Zone? We'll look at the book and the DJ separately. First, the book. First Published in 1979 by The Viking Press is useless, they all say it. Absence of a number line? Usefull in differentiating between a 1st printing and a later printing, but useless in differentiating between a BCE and a 1st printing, because neither has number lines. What about size, you say. Some King BCE's are virtually the exact same size as the 1st editions. (The Dead Zone is one of these, It is another, not sure about others but unless you know for SURE that they NEVER made a BCE that size (and how can you really be sure?), then size wont help either (not all the time anyway). What's left? Quarter bound in black cloth with black boards? They're all like that. So now what's left? According to all the FAQ's I've seen, nothing. So there is NO surefire way to identify The Dead Zone as a first edition.

So basically people are identifying the dust jacket, not the book itself. Well, that's fine, right? If you've got a first edition DJ then it must be a first edition book, why the hell would someone put a first edition DJ on a book club? Where'd the first edition book go? DJ's almost always show wear before the book itself, so if you've got a real nice 1st edition DJ it'd be silly to think it contained a BCE book, right? The other way might happen, a First edition book with a shredded or absent DJ might have a BCE DJ, but you'd avoid that anyway assuming the book was also BCE.

Here's the problem. Later printing DJ's are, in at least some cases, identical to first edition DJ's. Christine is one of em, I own a 1st edition and a 3rd edition and the DJ's are completely identical. Date code is the same, price is the same, ISBN is the same, they're completely identical. The Dead Zone is the same way, at least up to the 6th printing (IIRC). So if you can't tell the difference between a 1st printing DJ and a 5th printing DJ, and you can't tell the difference between a BCE book and first edition book, then couldn't your "verified" first edition be a BCE with a later printing DJ? It sure as hell could, and I've seen several copies of the The Dead Zone in just such a manner sell for 75 dollars and up on eBay (as much as a real first edition, in other words. It's not like seeing a BCE Carrie sell for 75 dollars).

So here's where the little tidbit about Viking moving comes in. All the book clubs I've seen that are the correct size were printed AFTER 1983. The Dead Zone was, of course, printed in 1979. Which means the addresses should be different, and they are. The BCE's have the 40 West 23rd Street address, the real Firsts have the 625 Madison Avenue address. The nice thing here is that Viking printed the address on the CP AND the DJ. The later printings were still at 625 Madison, so when you see a BCE with a later printing DJ, not only is the address on the CP wrong, but the address on the CP and the DJ don't match.

Now, this doesn't mean that there couldn't be some BCE's out there that are the correct size printed before 1983. In which case I don't know what to tell ya.
    John

John,

I had a coversation with the seller Brentkpg some time ago. He mentioned another identifier on the book as the way the cloth was overlapped over the board on the book. I wish I had saved it. Maybe Greg or Hutch might shed some light on this?.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Interesting, great inscription and memorabilia, ....
    Regarding the memorabilia:

The book has the birthday inscription and signature dated in August 1979 and the giver's inscription in September 1979, which makes sense.

The main auction photo (photo 7 of 10) shows the birthday card with the note about meeting SK, and proximity in the photo implies that the event program shown (the "provenance" referred to in the auction description) is where the signature was obtained. However the date of that event is a year later in October 1980. Probably just an unfortunate placement of unrelated items, but I found it interesting.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm the high bidder currently.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Good luck, David!

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I Davis is bidding, I think I'll stay on the side. No sense running the price up.

My Mood
    Stressed

Greg (Shibus) just won the book.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 122 172 572 1072 ... LastLast