Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 121 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 171 221 621 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Check out this auction. Take a moment to actually read the letters too. I haven't inquired who the seller is or how they got the letters, but the seller is from the same town as the original recipient.

my first instinct... I'm tempted to buy this just because it is undeniable proof that King harbors a hatred for texas (which i've been claiming for some time now, and is why I figure he'll never do a booksigning anywhere within 600 miles of me. - like a few years ago, he was one of the only rock bottom remainder members that didn't do the texas book festival)

I wonder where this resentment stems from, if it was some specific event that actually soured him on us texans, or if it is just the same unfounded prejudice that is often expressed against my home from people unfamiliar with what a great place it actually is.

to tell the truth, it kind of makes me want to sell off my collection and disassociate myself from the man.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Being from Texas and being expectionally proud of that fact, I don't see what he has said here as anything but a compliment, since as a Texan I too believe it is another country!

I am sure there are more then a few states he has yet to do signings in, seeing as how he does very few signings on the whole. I wouldn't take the fact he hasn't done one in Texas as he hates the state.

I do agree with you that some not from our state seem to think of it as a strange place though. My first husband was from California, and was actually scared to walk around in Fort Worth cause he though all the cowboys would just want to beat him up cause he wasn't dressed like them. Some peoples kids.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The first time I ever met King was at a signing in Texas.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post
    Being from Texas and being expectionally proud of that fact, I don't see what he has said here as anything but a compliment, since as a Texan I too believe it is another country!

maybe you took it as a compliment... but i doubt seriously King meant it as a compliment. most of the comments about texas in king's novels tend to lean to the negative side.

and wasn't a pretty long time ago bev?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

1988 -- for The Ideal, Genuine Man by Don Robertson.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I have family in Texas and grew up going to Texas a lot - I'm from California but I really like it there. When I read King's postscript I did not take it as a slight against the Texas at all, but as an acknowledgment of the State's strong sense of independence.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it was an attempt at humor. Emoticons weren't widely used then.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've never known of King having held a signing in either of the Carolinas. The recent one held in Atlanta was a first for all I am aware, but I haven't been on the lookout for a King signing outside the Carolinas for very long. I've watched for a King signing INSIDE the carolinas since about 1990 when my mother told me we'd go if he ever signed in South Carolina or Charlotte, NC.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

S/L Salem's Lot for cheap. 21 hours to go on auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Centipede-Press-...item2eaa4f0161

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    S/L Salem's Lot for cheap. 21 hours to go on auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Centipede-Press-...item2eaa4f0161
    They forgot to put 'signed' in either the listing title or the description...ooff...

Gunslinger Apprentice artan is on a distinguished road artan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What do you think about this? BS or Interesting?

Salems-Lot-1st-Ed-Adventure?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Rather interesting, but it's a Book Club edition, worth about what his starting bid is.

John

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

No bids on the HoA ARC, probably because the seller's got "Steven" in the title.

That's a decent price. The cards alone are probably worth $10.

John

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I vaguely remember someone looking for the cards but I can't remember who it was! That's why I decided to post it.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm watching it. Thanks for passing the info!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What do you guys think about this case?

http://cgi.ebay.com/SIGNED-Stephen-K...item588585a64f

Life is a garden...dig it!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by artan View Post
    What do you think about this? BS or Interesting?

Salems-Lot-1st-Ed-Adventure?

definitely BS - book club at the best i'm guessing.

the difference in price between a first edition and later edition way more than offsets whatever imaginary value leaving a book in shrinkwrap would add. If this person actually believed they had a first edition, they'd open it, show the proof, and then price the book accordingly.

i'm guessing it's an at home shrink wrap job.... or 754th book club edition.

only if you need an expensive reading copy would i buy this one. (i'd rather buy something cheaper at half price books)

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ugghhh .. now I might have some competition on this one. I saw it yesterday and was hoping it would go unnoticed and I could steal it for $9.

It is amazing how many people spell SK's name wrong when it is right in front of them on the item they are listing.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lophophoras View Post

They want WAY too much for an overpriced book and an underwhelming slipcase.

If you really want the S&S S/L Under the Dome, you can get one for much less and then buy Tomas's slipcase. It looks better and much classier than what they came up with, and it has a slot for the cards as well.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lophophoras View Post

They want WAY too much for an overpriced book and an underwhelming slipcase.

If you really want the S&S S/L Under the Dome, you can get one for much less and then buy Tomas's slipcase. It looks better and much classier than what they came up with, and it has a slot for the cards as well.
    I think it's a brilliant design and execution. I just can't personally justify $745 for it, but would completely understand if someone paid that amount.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. It's nicely done, but pricey.

John

Country
    Country Flag

It is a interesting design. I think I like Tomas's design better though.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I wonder how the box on top is attached to the book's slipcase, though?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    I wonder how the box on top is attached to the book's slipcase, though?
    Not sure. It is a little odd looking.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 121 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 171 221 621 ... LastLast