Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1009 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 9 509 909 959 999 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1019 1059 ... LastLast
Results 25,201 to 25,225 of 27551

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So the illustration from the first CARRIE UK paperback sold at auctions.
    Gerald Winters posted pictures of having it, temporary, on the way to a collector.

According to the auction, the buyer paid about $5K for it ( + shipping I guess)
    > https://catalogue.swanngalleries.com...8078&saletype=
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

One bid, $6. I believe the sig is legit:

Joyland, Paperback by King, Stephen SIGNED BY AUTHOR in blue pen. Like new.

New (Other)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Several issues, but replacement DJ's can be had. Don't spend the $300 BIN, but if they stay below radar, $125 would be a deal.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

FWIW i think its legit too.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Spreadsheet matches date and location that seller says it was signed also.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Joyland is legit

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Accepting reasonable offers on:

U.S lower 48 only.

seeking: anything DT related #246
    Night Shift Anniversary Ed. (blue skull cover)
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

RAGE Signet Book 1977 First PRINTING horror RICHARD Bachman STEPHEN King

$725.00
    Jun-22 05:05or Best Offer
    Free Shipping

Gunslinger Apprentice knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Gauntlet just sent this out in their newsletter:
    I really hate when publishers do this. As far as I know other publishers get them at a discount so as to make profit when selling CD's books on release. This just seems like you are going for a money grab. Feels like a DRP move.

We have received 2 copies of the signed limited numbered traycased edition of SLEEPING BEAUTIES by Stephen and Owen King (published by Cemetery Dance, signed by both authors). We are going to auction both copies of this sold-out oversized edition.

The starting bid is $500. We accept one bid only so make it your best. Include your name and address with your bid. You will have 4 days to bid. The winners will be contacted by email. Please email your bid to gauntlet66@aol.com. In the subject mention “Sleeping Beauties Limited Bid”.

Note: The few copies on the secondary market are selling for far more than our starting bid.

Good luck to all who bid!
    Not sure I get the bidding thing.. why would he not set a price? Why would CD even sell them to him to do this? I find it odd to...
    I can't say that agree with it either. I understand a dealer/press raising the cover price a bit to increase the profit margin; but this doesn't seem right.
    Gauntlet Press is on its last legs and he knows it. Quality control is non-existent at this point and I have a strong feeling there is trouble paying the bills. The price on Taxi Driver lettered edition was just plain absurd for what product was put out compared to prior years high end productions.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

PS Publishing are doing the same thing with SB S/L (not an auction, but selling over price after they “found some extras”).

And I have to agree on the Taxi driver Lettered. That sold solely on the basis of DeNiros and Scorsese’s signature. The design was poor.

Gunslinger Apprentice knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, after talking to him about how this execution wasn’t on the level he just complained it was because he had paid so much for the signatures. This is from a guy who has put out a newsletter asking the buyers to get him in touch with Morgan Freeman or Tom Hanks so he can use them on a project.

For my purposes that could be overlooked, but I repeatedly received damaged or wrong items only to be told to ship it back on my own hoping for credit or “wait until my daughter can help me find it”.

I want to root for and buy from people like Barry, but it became untenable with the lack of professionalism.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by knightmare View Post
    I really hate when publishers do this. As far as I know other publishers get them at a discount so as to make profit when selling CD's books on release. This just seems like you are going for a money grab. Feels like a DRP move.

We have received 2 copies of the signed limited numbered traycased edition of SLEEPING BEAUTIES by Stephen and Owen King (published by Cemetery Dance, signed by both authors). We are going to auction both copies of this sold-out oversized edition.

The starting bid is $500. We accept one bid only so make it your best. Include your name and address with your bid. You will have 4 days to bid. The winners will be contacted by email. Please email your bid to gauntlet66@aol.com. In the subject mention “Sleeping Beauties Limited Bid”.

Note: The few copies on the secondary market are selling for far more than our starting bid.

Not sure I get the bidding thing.. why would he not set a price? Why would CD even sell them to him to do this? I find it odd to...
    I can't say that agree with it either. I understand a dealer/press raising the cover price a bit to increase the profit margin; but this doesn't seem right.
    Gauntlet Press is on its last legs and he knows it. Quality control is non-existent at this point and I have a strong feeling there is trouble paying the bills. The price on Taxi Driver lettered edition was just plain absurd for what product was put out compared to prior years high end productions.
    I won't speak to your personal issue with the publisher, but I will state that I have no issue with the auction or the inter-selling done by speciality publishers. Specialty publishers have long supported each other, often with a discount. With the exception of CD and Grant, most speciality publishers only get one shot at a King limited, and they are lucky that they get that one because it can often help carry them for a few years through the $$$ and, more importantly, provide exposure to new customers. Specialty publishers often have a standing order on all limiteds, which helps support each other in leaner times. So no, just like the rest of us, they purchased and have the right to sell at whatever price point they want.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Great points. Pos rep given.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post

I won't speak to your personal issue with the publisher, but I will state that I have no issue with the auction or the inter-selling done by speciality publishers. Specialty publishers have long supported each other, often with a discount. With the exception of CD and Grant, most speciality publishers only get one shot at a King limited, and they are lucky that they get that one because it can often help carry them for a few years through the $$$ and, more importantly, provide exposure to new customers. Specialty publishers often have a standing order on all limiteds, which helps support each other in leaner times. So no, just like the rest of us, they purchased and have the right to sell at whatever price point they want.
    I tend to agree on the overall point about small press support as I would like to support them as well, but having an auction with blind markers feels desperate and that's why I brought up my thinking about GP & Barry. I simply couldn't see a small press that is doing well, let alone something like SubPress, doing a cryptic auction. Also, given that his return policy on damaged items is unapologetic and unprofessional I wouldn't necessarily trust that it's all above board. Cheers.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I tend to agree on the overall point about small press support as I would like to support them as well, but having an auction with blind markers feels desperate and that's why I brought up my thinking about GP & Barry. I simply couldn't see a small press that is doing well, let alone something like SubPress, doing a cryptic auction. Also, given that his return policy on damaged items is unapologetic and unprofessional I wouldn't necessarily trust that it's all above board. Cheers.
    With multiple presses, websites , and book dealers I have found that the most frustrating. Mistakes are made. How about some remorse, understanding, and solutions. I got a "it will ship when we get it" the other day when Inquiring on an order that was supposed to be in "end of May". Cancelled order and never again. Like when a chef says "well no one complains, so we are good" NOPE ...customers do not complain, they just stop coming, Dude.

Huge delays, broken promises, and no proposed solutions seem to be the norm.

seeking: anything DT related #246
    Night Shift Anniversary Ed. (blue skull cover)
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just listed more items on Ebay!

https://www.ebay.com/sch/pasiuk57/m....p2047675.l2562

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Facsimile sig. Starts at $1:
    Stephen King - DOLORES CLAIBORNE - UK Limited Slipcased Gift Edition 1/2,000!!!

Pre-Owned
    $1.00
    Jun-23 18:000 bids
    +$4.00 shipping

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Specialty publishers often have a standing order on all limiteds...just like the rest of us, they purchased and have the right to sell at whatever price point they want.
    This, specifically, is what I wonder about - is there no agreement with the publisher concerning pricing? Or do the publishers go into it knowing that "anything goes" is the rule?

I suppose if the publisher increases its odds of selling out (and selling fast), that might be all they want, but I don't have to squint too hard to imagine a publisher seeing this and saying "what?? I would have tripled my own price if that's what I'd had in mind".
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    This, specifically, is what I wonder about - is there no agreement with the publisher concerning pricing? Or do the publishers go into it knowing that "anything goes" is the rule?
    In my experience, sales to a retailer are "the same" as sales to any customer in that sense: the person who bought the book from the publisher can do with the book as they please in terms of keeping it, selling it, etc. Resell at retail, resell for less, resell for more, auction it off, bundle with other items for sale, store it away for future sale, etc.

That's why you see retailers offering their own slipcases, custom dust jackets, artist remarques, etc, for books they didn't publish. And, also, why a few select books end up being auctioned off by retailers instead of just going onto the "new releases" page for the original retail price.

I don't want to wade into what's right, what's fair, etc, but I did want to answer this question strictly from a "business policy/terms of agreement" standpoint.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    In my experience, sales to a retailer are "the same" as sales to any customer in that sense: the person who bought the book from the publisher can do with the book as they please in terms of keeping it, selling it, etc. Resell at retail, resell for less, resell for more, auction it off, bundle with other items for sale, store it away for future sale, etc.

That's why you see retailers offering their own slipcases, custom dust jackets, artist remarques, etc, for books they didn't publish. And, also, why a few select books end up being auctioned off by retailers instead of just going onto the "new releases" page for the original retail price.

I don't want to wade into what's right, what's fair, etc, but I did want to answer this question strictly from a "business policy/terms of agreement" standpoint.

Brian
    Thanks for the information. We deal with the specialty book sellers and purchase books for our collection and to support independent bookstores. I find it weird that they offer it for more, knowing sometimes they pay a discounted price. But it is their books! Just know that we know. and they know we know and some people complain here. and when some people complain other people defend their favorite dealers. While knocking other dealers. and the dealers know who we are. and so on and so on......

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

No pics of condition, but for $10 with free shipping, why not?

The Dark Man: An Illustrated Poem

Pre-Owned
    5.0 out of 5 stars.
    5 product ratings - The Dark Man: An Illustrated Poem

$9.69
    Jun-25 11:06Buy It Now
    Free Shipping
    Benefits charity
    8 brand new from $15.40

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    In my experience...
    Thanks for chiming in, good to know.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Dustjacket is scrappy, and it's unclear if book is a true 1st edition 1st printing, but I believe inscription and signature are legit. In fact, a very nice early King signature.

Stephen King 1986 "IT" Inscribed Signed and Dated by Stehphen King

$99.99
    Jun-25 15:300 bids
    or Best Offer
    +$4.31 shipping

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Dustjacket is scrappy, and it's unclear if book is a true 1st edition 1st printing, but I believe inscription and signature are legit. In fact, a very nice early King signature.

Stephen King 1986 "IT" Inscribed Signed and Dated by Stehphen King

$99.99
    Jun-25 15:300 bids
    or Best Offer
    +$4.31 shipping
    The end of the description states that it’s a second print.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Bachman books are all the rage today:

RAGE first edition 1977 RICHARD BACHMAN / STEPHEN KING RARE

$20.00
    Jun-27 04:384 bids
    From United Kingdom+$15.00 shipping

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1009 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 9 509 909 959 999 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1019 1059 ... LastLast