Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 135 185 585 1085 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by batsker View Post
    This is WAAAAY overpriced. I mean, come on. He doesn't even have a best offer option
    I'm thinking more like $2mil tops! $1.5 and I'm all over that.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Waste-Lands-by-S...QQcmdZViewItem
    AND he also has another copy listed

http://cgi.ebay.com/Waste-Lands-by-S...3A1%7C294%3A50

HMmmm wonder which one will sell?
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, why would anyone buy that $2.00 one when they could have the 5 mil dollar copy?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead sleeplessdwarf is on a distinguished road sleeplessdwarf's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I received a shipment from this guy yesterday. He ships fast and was honest but damn he must live in a house with 5 other chain smokers. I almost choked when I opened the box. How in the world did he misprint that many 0s and commas though?

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe he's smoking more than just cigs...

Life is a garden...dig it!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder what the listing fee was?

Gunslinger Apprentice blg is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I always find it amusing when something I sell on ebay pops up again at a much higher price. I sold this about a month ago for $325. It has a small bump to the front board which the new seller sort of mentions but conveniently didn't take a picture of:

http://cgi.ebay.com/LORD-JOHN-PRESS-...1%7C240%3A1309

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I wonder what his reserve is? I'm interested, but since I already own a pristine copy, not very. Just curious, I guess.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Earth's Militant Mind is on a distinguished road Earth's Militant Mind's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by blg View Post
    I always find it amusing when something I sell on ebay pops up again at a much higher price. I sold this about a month ago for $325. It has a small bump to the front board which the new seller sort of mentions but conveniently didn't take a picture of:

Well I guess I can stop bidding now lol

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Earth's Militant Mind View Post

Two separate auctions for that book (not that exact copy, of course) just ended. One (with what looks like eraser marks on the sig page from a bookstore price notation) had a minimum of $250 with a $300 BIN. The other looked "pristine" and simply had a $300 BIN.

Neither auction got any bids at all.

Personally I would have bid $250, and still would, if a "pristine" copy were listed for that price.

Anyway, unless I'm missing something, I'm surprised at the higher bidding level on this linked auction in the current market.
    Last edited by Patrick; 03-18-2009 at 08:14 PM. Reason: clarity
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice Earth's Militant Mind is on a distinguished road Earth's Militant Mind's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

Two separate auctions for that book (not that exact copy, of course) just ended. One (with what looks like eraser marks on the sig page from a bookstore price notation) had a minimum of $250 with a $300 BIN. The other looked "pristine" and simply had a $300 BIN.

Neither auction got any bids at all.

Personally I would have bid $250, and still would, if a "pristine" copy were listed for that price.

Anyway, unless I'm missing something, I'm surprised at the higher bidding level on this linked auction in the current market.
    Wow it $500 now, this is why I usually sell my stuff in auction format starting at $0. Areserve is ok but it's awesome when people get competitve. lol

Gunslinger Apprentice blg is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Wow. A few weeks back, someone was selling the deluxe version of Dolan's for $425. I almost pulled the trigger on that one, but someone else beat me to it.

Gunslinger Apprentice sublimicals is on a distinguished road sublimicals's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi

Here is an auction I thought was interesting. It is the first time I have seen something like this. Would this be of significant value?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=350179020839

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Copyright page is pretty blurry there. I would say its a hell of a find at that price if it's legitimate.

But I'll let the more seasoned collectors comment on that because I have no idea.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger Apprentice sublimicals is on a distinguished road sublimicals's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah The price is good. I would go for it but kind of tied up with expenses at home.

Maybe someone here will be interested.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

My only question on value would be that it's listed as "rebound"... so that would distract from the value, yes?

Welcome to the site, sub !

ETA: Gosh, everything about that auction is blurry.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sublimicals View Post
    Hi

Here is an auction I thought was interesting. It is the first time I have seen something like this. Would this be of significant value?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=350179020839
    Welcome to the site Sub.

This seller has had this auction up for a while. Two weeks ago it was $85.

It's a true first edition. HOWEVER, they took the book block out of the original Doubleday binding and had it rebound. A very nice rebound I might add but I don't think it holds any value as a first edition. I wanted it two weeks ago because The Shining is the center of my collection. The water wrinkles mentioned in the auction turned me off.

Just my opinion

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    The water wrinkles mentioned in the auction turned me off.

Just my opinion

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Precisely.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I personally didn't like the binding design. That said, it's closer to a 1st Edition than I currently own!

Country
    Country Flag

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

Any one notice how CD was advertising this Grant First Trade Edition?
    Here is the question I gave in response "How is this a gift edition? Is it signed/ limited or just a regular first edition? Thanks,"

And here is there answer:
    It's Donald Grant's "limited trade edition" meaning it was printed
    at the same time as the signed Limited, but is not signed, but it
    did have a "set" print run. Meaning they couldn't go back and
    print more if they wanted to. These days, a deluxe trade edition
    that has a set print run tends to be a called a "gift edition" in
    the small press, but that does vary from place to place. Hope
    that helps!

For the most part I have been a defender of CD knowing when I purchased SOD II that it would be a while before I saw it. This though I think is deceptive, they didn't even post the question/answer on the posting.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

Any one notice how CD was advertising this Grant First Trade Edition?
    Here is the question I gave in response "How is this a gift edition? Is it signed/ limited or just a regular first edition? Thanks,"

And here is there answer:
    It's Donald Grant's "limited trade edition" meaning it was printed
    at the same time as the signed Limited, but is not signed, but it
    did have a "set" print run. Meaning they couldn't go back and
    print more if they wanted to. These days, a deluxe trade edition
    that has a set print run tends to be a called a "gift edition" in
    the small press, but that does vary from place to place. Hope
    that helps!

For the most part I have been a defender of CD knowing when I purchased SOD II that it would be a while before I saw it. This though I think is deceptive, they didn't even post the question/answer on the posting.
    I have never understood the term "gift edition." I suspect that very few are bought as gifts for someone else. Most, I think, are bought by collectors for their own collection. I, too, think it is a misleading (and inaccurate) eBay listing.

Gunslinger Apprentice batsker will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Long-Walk-Ri...QQcmdZViewItem

Does anyone know how many printings were done of this? This (along with the other Bachman PBs) is one of the few King 1sts I don't yet have. This is awfully convenient -

"We do not know which edition this book is because the original collector carefully placed it in a plastic wrapper and we do not want to disturb it. There may have been multiple printings of this book, but either way, it is still could be a great addition to your Stephen King collectible shelf!"

I'd hate to drop the money on a later printing, but this is probably my favorite Bachman book. Any thoughts might help.

Steve

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know how many printings were done of this? This (along with the other Bachman PBs) is one of the few King 1sts I don't yet have. This is awfully convenient -

"We do not know which edition this book is because the original collector carefully placed it in a plastic wrapper and we do not want to disturb it. There may have been multiple printings of this book, but either way, it is still could be a great addition to your Stephen King collectible shelf!"

I'd hate to drop the money on a later printing, but this is probably my favorite Bachman book. Any thoughts might help.

Steve
    There ARE later printings of this title. There was a seller (the infamous Michael Autrey) who had a hoard of mint condition but later (2nd or 3rd) printing copies of this book. I would definitely be sure it is a first printing if you are thinking of buying. This sounds like a ruse to me.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

Steve
    There ARE later printings of this title. There was a seller (the infamous Michael Autrey) who had a hoard of mint condition but later (2nd or 3rd) printing copies of this book. I would definitely be sure it is a first printing if you are thinking of buying. This sounds like a ruse to me.
    Agreed. My opinion, the seller is a fool for not showing it's a first.

I need one as well but not putting money down on a 2nd or 3rd print.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Default Long Walk listing

I picked up a 3rd printing at a used bookstore for 50 cents a few months ago.
    I smell a fishy listing. Hmmm...too wrapped in plastic too check out...sure!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 135 185 585 1085 ... LastLast