Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 181 581 1081 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. I thought I had remembered something, but not what.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    In regards to that Carrie -

Its an ex-library first with a later dust jacket and a completely unrelated book plate. I can't see it being worth more than $350.

As for the book plate itself (Hutch can help fill in the blanks) but it isn't doddled by King himself. I think its one of those themed bookplates such as was in a copy of Dead Zone a while back. At that time Hutch mentioned that Tim Miller bought a lot of those themed book plates (one for every book) ten years ago or some such. The signatures are real, but its just a bookplate.
    If my memory serves me correctly...the plates you now see were actually pages from book club editions that had an individuals themed drawings and authentic signatures from Stephen. I believe the books were Carrie through Fire Starter. Tim a.k.a. flatsigned cut out the pages, trimmed them to size and laid them loose into first editions.

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rusher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chooch View Post
    On another note how does this sig look? Do you think SK did the doodles?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120377853032
    Given who the seller is, I wouldn't trust it.

John
    I just wanted to pipe in here about this auction. I was reading through the description and it says its a first edition and first printing and then goes on to say its in the original jacket..... and priced at 12.95....since when was a first edition and first printing Carrie priced at 12.95 ?????

Last I looked....it was priced at 5.95

Very misleading stuff
    The same seller is also offering a S/L Insomnia that is without it's traycase ( not mentioned in the description )
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-SIG...lenotsupported
    &
    a COTW portfolio without it's color prints (not mentioned in the description )

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chooch View Post
    On another note how does this sig look? Do you think SK did the doodles?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120377853032
    Given who the seller is, I wouldn't trust it.

John
    I just wanted to pipe in here about this auction. I was reading through the description and it says its a first edition and first printing and then goes on to say its in the original jacket..... and priced at 12.95....since when was a first edition and first printing Carrie priced at 12.95 ?????

Last I looked....it was priced at 5.95

Very misleading stuff
    The same seller is also offering a S/L Insomnia that is without it's traycase ( not mentioned in the description )
    &
    a COTW portfolio without it's color prints (not mentioned in the description )
    I almost got stung with that Insomnia about a year ago. Not sure now why I wanted an un-numbered copy, but luckily Tim wouldn't budge on the price.

For that matter, there was discussion of Flatsigned and Nashville Rare Books (or something along those lines) both being Tim Miller, and when asked he denied it. Said something along the lines of his partners left and he was suing them - funny that when I sent an email question through ABE to Flatsigned, I got a response from Nashville Rare Books.

Long story short, I wouldn't buy anything from him.

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everyone for the heads up. I've seen alot about flatsigned here (and none of it good) so that just re-enforces my decision of not getting involved with him
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Someone got a hell of a deal:

Stephen King The Dark Tower #3 - #7 Signed/Limited#1032

I threw in the first two bids.

I asked the seller if this set gave the buyer rights to the SL LOSE, but he never got back to me.

Either way...hell of a deal.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

I asked the seller if this set gave the buyer rights to the SL LOSE, but he never got back to me.

I was watching that auction too. The 1 day auction, IMO, contributed to the low price. Not enough exposure and time for buyers to make decision on a high value purchase. The auction reminds me of a short sale.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earth's Militant Mind is on a distinguished road Earth's Militant Mind's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yea I was watching that one but I just didn't have the money for it, if this was a month later I would have been all over it.

I did however get this for $84, I'm not sure about the authenticty of it but it's cool as hell and figured I would take my chances.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120376032794

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

That guy has had that up for sale a few times.

Hard to tell if the signature is real, since the skull is not really flat, and even a legitmate signature would look "off" on it.

My gut tell me it is a fake (partially because I just do not see King signing a cat skull)...but I cannot say for sure.

The fact that it only went for $84 tells me others may share that opinion as well.

Regardless, it is in a nice display case, and you think it is cool...so that is all that matters.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post

I was watching that auction too. The 1 day auction, IMO, contributed to the low price. Not enough exposure and time for buyers to make decision on a high value purchase. The auction reminds me of a short sale.
    The one-day aspect of the auction made me leary. The seller only has one feedback (as a seller), but it was for a Gunslinger 1st (bought by SHIBUS).

Plus today is a holiday, and many people have the day off, and are therfore away from their computers.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Gunslinger Apprentice Earth's Militant Mind is on a distinguished road Earth's Militant Mind's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That guy has had that up for sale a few times.

Hard to tell if the signature is real, since the skull is not really flat, and even a legitmate signature would look "off" on it.

My gut tell me it is a fake (partially because I just do not see King signing a cat skull)...but I cannot say for sure.

The fact that it only went for $84 tells me others may share that opinion as well.
    Well like I said, I have my doubts too but either way I think it's cool. I had seen the dogs head he mentioned go for $280 or so about a month or two ago. Even if it is fake it will look cool with my collection. lol

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

This guy had originally listed this Carrie ARC for $1100 but it didn't sell. He's now got it at $973. I think it's still over-priced in that the first six pages are loose from the spine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Car...1%7C240%3A1318

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

This guy had originally listed this Carrie ARC for $1100 but it didn't sell. He's now got it at $973. I think it's still over-priced in that the first six pages are loose from the spine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Car...1%7C240%3A1318

John
    I think those loose pages are easily fixable. I suspect it could be done by any competent bookbinder for $25 to $50 (at most). I have used Dragonfly before for things like that. It is just glue that has come loose.

Personally I wouldn't try it myself. I can't even use a tube of Elmer's without getting it everywhere and making a real mess. But I wouldn't hesitate to buy the book if I really wanted it. That is an easy repair.

Gunslinger Apprentice batsker will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. I thought I had remembered something, but not what.

John
    Sorry John, but I had to quote this. Taken out of context, it goes perfect with your statements about getting, shall we say... soft in the noggin.

-Steve

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Steve.

I prefer to think of those as "senior moments"!

John

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I really like this drawing by Vince Locke for the short story Popsy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KING-vam...1%7C240%3A1318

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've never heard about that book...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I've never heard about that book...
    I want to say the first appearance release of Popsy was in Masques. Later released in Nightmare and Dreamscapes.

I could be wrong. It's early with my first cup of coffee

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I hadn't heard of it either. I think you're right about the appearances, too, Ralph.
    John

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

barnesandnoble.com is selling the hardcover of $10.00.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post

I have not heard of this book either. An anthology by that name was published by Berkeley in 1997 but King is not listed as having a story in the book. It looks as though Metro has rereleased it in 2008 for B&N but I can't find any confirmation that King is in this one either. Usually when an anthology has a King story in it he is listed prominently but I can find no mention of King for either publication.

I'm going to B&N tomorrow and I am going to try to find a copy.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

I have not heard of this book either. An anthology by that name was published by Berkeley in 1997 but King is not listed as having a story in the book. It looks as though Metro has rereleased it in 2008 for B&N but I can't find any confirmation that King is in this one either. Usually when an anthology has a King story in it he is listed prominently but I can find no mention of King for either publication.

Here is a link to the contents of the book. King isn't listed:

http://www.ferncanyonpress.com/vampi...contents.shtml

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

The artist responded to my question. A nice guy.

Dear Mulleins,

The illustration is in the Barnes and Noble edition. It has a few extra stories. Check the BN website for a few pics of the book. It still doesn't list Stephen King's Popsy, but the story and illustration are in there. You can probably find a copy at your local Barnes & Noble as well.

Take care,

Artist- Vincent Locke

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

the last link is related to the old version (1997) as mentionned.
    If you have a look on ebay there are a few auctions in which there are a list of the authors.

ie :
    http://cgi.ebay.com/VAMPIRES-WINE-RO...3%3A1|294%3A50

In this unique volume, you'll find a blood-chilling collection of thirty-four literary vampire stories from the greatest writers of all time, including:
    * Anne Rice
    * William Shakespeare
    * Edgar Allan Poe
    * Woody Allen
    * Bram Stoker
    * H.G. Wells
    * Rod Serling
    * Alexandre Dumas
    * Robert Louis Stevenson
    * Lenny Bruce
    * Edith Wharton
    * H.P. Lovecraft
    * Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
    * Rudyard Kipling
    * Lord Byron
    * Sting
    * Ray Bradbury
    * Sir Walter Scott
    * Ivan Turgenev
    * Jules Verne
    * Voltaire
    * John Keats
    * Guy de Maupassant
    * Baudelaire
    * Sir Thomas Malory
    * Thomas Hardy
    * Stephen King
    * T.S. Eliot
    * Goethe
    * And MORE!

but yeah, looks like noone noticed there is a Stephen King's story in it...
    The cover of the new version

CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

This auction appears to be the first printing of the book, which probably doesn't contain the King story. Note that it's a very different cover.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vampires-Wine-an...1%7C240%3A1318

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 181 581 1081 ... LastLast