Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 622 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 122 522 572 612 620 621 622 623 624 632 672 722 ... LastLast
Results 15,526 to 15,550 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Did someone get it? It shows as 'Unsold'.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Somebody got this for a great price. I thought when i got it for $100 I did good this is even better.
    It did not sell, the reserve was not met. I would agree you got a good deal at $100.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Copyright page missing? Interesting. Some water damage to a page. $299 start. Proceed carefully:
    Stephen King Dark Tower Gunslinger Vol 1 Grant 1st Ed No CP Pg Proof of Ed below

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Copyright page missing? Interesting. Some water damage to a page. $299 start. Proceed carefully:
    Stephen King Dark Tower Gunslinger Vol 1 Grant 1st Ed No CP Pg Proof of Ed below
    Seen that and passed... Page missing??? Why? And the main copywrite page?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure why page was cut out, not unless it had a forged signature on it. You can clearly see the book is a first edition though. I know that doesn't make it worth $ now.

Mulleins.
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

I know most people wouldn't want that in their collection period (I wouldn't either), but if you couldn't afford a better copy, what would you pay for it?

$300 seems a little steep to me. I was thinking more like half that. Maybe 200 tops.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    Somebody got this for a great price. I thought when i got it for $100 I did good this is even better.
    It did not sell, the reserve was not met. I would agree you got a good deal at $100.
    I bought one from George with the art fold-outs for $100. This sale was just the slipcased book. He probably had $100 as the reserve.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Hard to say. To me, the jacket isn't in bad shape. $125

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I bought one from George with the art fold-outs for $100. This sale was just the slipcased book. He probably had $100 as the reserve.
    I got mine for ~ $100 but not from George (so it wasn't signed) I wrote him regarding the fold-outs and he kindly sent me a set for free!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I got mine for ~ $100 but not from George (so it wasn't signed) I wrote him regarding the fold-outs and he kindly sent me a set for free!
    He's good like that.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    — Roland Deschain

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Was going to put that one on my Watch List -- for fun, mostly, not because I can afford it right now -- and it's already gone. Someone sure snagged a nice example of that edition.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Those are hilarious!

Country
    Country Flag

that is just wrong
    — Roland Deschain

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

that is just wrong
    OMG
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Did someone here get it?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Did someone here get it?
    I told him he would get that no problem too. I met the guy. He has some more stuff coming. I gave him some insight on pricing. He was going for some messed up prices and I educated him a bit. He used to be a collector back in the day... bought a couple of books after 2000 but most are before that and were in boxes that he forgot about! He dug them out... and decided to turn them into cash Nice guy and seems very trustworthy. I knew that #2 would go QUICK.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Still wondering if someone here got it.

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Did someone here get it?
    I told him he would get that no problem too. I met the guy. He has some more stuff coming. I gave him some insight on pricing. He was going for some messed up prices and I educated him a bit. He used to be a collector back in the day... bought a couple of books after 2000 but most are before that and were in boxes that he forgot about! He dug them out... and decided to turn them into cash Nice guy and seems very trustworthy. I knew that #2 would go QUICK.
    I picked it up and was somewhat hesitant to pay the BIN and thought about just tracking the auction, but ultimately decided to follow through with it because it was #2 and appeared from the photos to be in near perfect condition. Also, I had remembered seeing on Betts the following:

The Stand S/L #1151 - The Book is (F/F) in Flawless Condition-Brand New. Still in its original shipping case from Doubleday on 5/1990, it has only been out the box for photos! The Gold Gilt all around, the Glassine DJ, the Coffin, and the signatures are all PERFECT! Seller will ship you DIRECT! Price Cut $2299

I'd been looking for one for a long time and since I don't plan on selling it, I figured I wouldn't quibble. Since it was #2, I thought someone would jump on it if I didn't. I hope I didn't drastically overpay, but the bottom line is I'm happy and the seller's happy. Hopefully, it will look as amazing in person as it does in the pictures. I'm looking forward to what else he has. I am curious as to how he got such a low number.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    Did someone here get it?
    I picked it up and was somewhat hesitant to pay the BIN and thought about just tracking the auction, but ultimately decided to follow through with it because it was #2 and appeared from the photos to be in near perfect condition. Also, I had remembered seeing on Betts the following:

The Stand S/L #1151 - The Book is (F/F) in Flawless Condition-Brand New. Still in its original shipping case from Doubleday on 5/1990, it has only been out the box for photos! The Gold Gilt all around, the Glassine DJ, the Coffin, and the signatures are all PERFECT! Seller will ship you DIRECT! Price Cut $2299

I'd been looking for one for a long time and since I don't plan on selling it, I figured I wouldn't quibble. Since it was #2, I thought someone would jump on it if I didn't. I hope I didn't drastically overpay, but the bottom line is I'm happy and the seller's happy. Hopefully, it will look as amazing in person as it does in the pictures. I'm looking forward to what else he has. I am curious as to how he got such a low number.
    He has a matching DT set... wanted to much but is a cool guy and took some advice that I gave him. His books all look mint that i seen.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    Did someone here get it?

Congratulations! I think the price was fair. If you held out you might have found one for just under $2K, but honestly in my opinion this was a good deal considering the low #. I like low #'s. And also it looks like it's in perfect condition.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

I agree that the price was fair -- not a great deal, but a fair price. As it is my King Holy Grail, I track those S/L STANDs with some regularity when they appear, and zelig is correct that could have found one for a little under $2k, but the premium associated with the apparent condition and the low number justifies the extra $$. Congratulations...you have the nicest one I've seen in quite a long time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 622 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 122 522 572 612 620 621 622 623 624 632 672 722 ... LastLast