Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 787 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 287 687 737 777 785 786 787 788 789 797 837 887 ... LastLast
Results 19,651 to 19,675 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Way over priced ... no letter either.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CurtSeattle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Does it look like to anyone else like there is a little page separation from the binding specifically the photos with the artwork?

Sold already looks like. Seems like a great deal for the condition of that book.
    Seven hundred dollars is pretty steep for a spine with that much sun-fading. It looks like it sat on somebody's windowsill for a few years. Add on the chipping and the creasing, not just at the edges of the spine but horizontally down the length of the spine as well, which in itself is a little weird? I think somebody got fleeced at that price.
    Well, it was me that got "fleeced" lol. I don't think I did though. It's not in perfect, pristine, crisp condition but I don't want to pay $900 for a story I already own in a couple of other forms. I wanted it because it does help to complete a solid King collection. I don't strive for perfection, you should see my copy of Rage! I just want the books themselves.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't get on Ebay with my work computer but if some of you have a minute could you take a look at a Stand S/L that's available? Starting bid is $1700, the book looks good but the case has some damage(as you can see from my post above this kind of thing doesn't really kill me)This is pretty much my only big ticket item left that I want to get. What do you think about this price? Everyone else is well over $2000 and this could obviously be bid up that high as well. Thoughts?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not an "auction" but King related! Saw this at a screening in Ellsworth and it's a great doc!

https://terror-films.myshopify.com/c...bundle-package

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    I can't get on Ebay with my work computer but if some of you have a minute could you take a look at a Stand S/L that's available? Starting bid is $1700, the book looks good but the case has some damage(as you can see from my post above this kind of thing doesn't really kill me)This is pretty much my only big ticket item left that I want to get. What do you think about this price? Everyone else is well over $2000 and this could obviously be bid up that high as well. Thoughts?
    Hmmm... I dont know Bev... I would email David at Bett's and let him know your position... perhaps he can help. I would (myself) pony up a little extra and get a mint copy as well...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

'Fleeced' was a poor choice of words on my behalf. I apologize. The book just obviously wasn't my cup of tea. And you bought it from a seller with a return policy, which was smart.

In terms of The Stand, that seller already put that copy up for auction at 1800 and got no bidders. I think if you were to bid on this auction you would be relatively unopposed. My concern with this copy is that the seller has almost no feedback and he/she never shows any pictures of the gold gilded page block, which shows marks very easily. The glassine jacket can be ignored or replaced cheaply, the box can be repaired at a good price, but if the gold gilded page edges are damaged and/or marked at all, there is nothing that can be done for it. Believe me, I looked into it for my copy of The Stand #518 that I recently sold. If you decide to bid, you should request pictures of all three sides of the page block. In terms of price, if the book is perfect, then with the damaged box the price would be more appropriate at 1500. Betts recently sold a similar copy for 1500 (I copy/pasted his listing below if you want to see it). If you are patient, you should be able to find a fine copy in an undamaged box for 1750-1850. They come up on ebay every couple of months. Sometimes every couple of weeks when there's a cluster.

If you decide to splurge and spend 2000+, I would advise you to contact Betts. A transaction with him is worth the premium because you know what you're going to get is quality.

"ST-a The Stand S/L; book is FINE and it has the tissue DJ; wood "coffin" traycase however has serious wood split on one side of the lid that could be repaired if you are handy with that sort of thing....Priced accordingly... $1500 sold"

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for the input fellas. I never thought to email David, I always figured if it wasn't listed then he didn't have it but yes, I would MUCH rather get one from him so email sent

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Thank you for the input fellas. I never thought to email David, I always figured if it wasn't listed then he didn't have it but yes, I would MUCH rather get one from him so email sent
    I gamble on ebay all the time with much success. Sure I've had some purchases that weren't the condition, and I will email the seller and explain the problem and they will always take it back. If not, I would simply file a complaint to return it. Sure there might be some hassle, but worth it to me. If you are hell bent on a non-perfect Stand, then I'd email the seller and see if they would send you a PP invoice only and have the seller not get screwed by ebay fees. I've done that too and the smart sellers jump on that, though you are asking for a discount. I'd ask the Stand seller if they would send you a PP invoice and drop the price....to 1600. What will it hurt? But I'd want to see the gold pages first. That's how I got my Dolan's Cadillac for 300
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    I gamble on ebay all the time with much success. Sure I've had some purchases that weren't the condition, and I will email the seller and explain the problem and they will always take it back. If not, I would simply file a complaint to return it. Sure there might be some hassle, but worth it to me. If you are hell bent on a non-perfect Stand, then I'd email the seller and see if they would send you a PP invoice only and have the seller not get screwed by ebay fees. I've done that too and the smart sellers jump on that, though you are asking for a discount. I'd ask the Stand seller if they would send you a PP invoice and drop the price....to 1600. What will it hurt? But I'd want to see the gold pages first. That's how I got my Dolan's Cadillac for 300
    Very intriguing! I haven't heard back from David yet but I'll give him some time as I know he gets busy. I'll ask for pictures of the page blocks and since this auction goes until Tuesday I'll have some time to hear back from him. If I haven't, and the page blocks look good I'll do as you said and ask for a price drop. The box I can live with, it's the book I care about and if I can save a few hundred all the better. Thanks for the input!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like correct gutter code (Q37), but everything else is a complete mess (and wrong DJ).
    BTAIM, $300 BIN:
    Salem's Lot by Stephen King First Edition 1st Print Father Cody

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Looks like correct gutter code (Q37), but everything else is a complete mess (and wrong DJ).
    BTAIM, $300 BIN:
    Salem's Lot by Stephen King First Edition 1st Print Father Cody
    I think the dj is correct (Father "Cody") and it is just price-clipped. It is a mess though.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Wind-Thr...p2056016.l4276
    WTTKH standard copy with slipcase, nice buy it now and starting bid.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

$47.95 BIN-Or make offer (I suggest $29 as an offer), Free shipping, This is a quirky one:
    New Sealed Stephen King The Stand Complete Uncut And The Dark Half Paperback

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

A bit scrappy and has owners writing on page.Two bids $2.25.
    It's possible a book restorer could remove some/all of the ink writing without basterdizing the book:

Richard Bachman -- Rage (Stephen King) (First Print - 1977)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Roog View Post
    I would say it is sun fading. If it were a printing error I would think it would involve the front and rear panels in addition to the spine. The front and rear panels look fine to me. Still, the Buy It Now price is enticing and I expect someone will jump on it pretty quickly.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You know you need to include an emoji so I know it's sarcasm.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    You know you need to include an emoji so I know it's sarcasm.
    I'm "that guy" that had to email the seller and tell him or her I believe it is fading. He was courteous and stated he will look into it. hmmmmm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 787 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 287 687 737 777 785 786 787 788 789 797 837 887 ... LastLast