Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 978 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 478 878 928 968 976 977 978 979 980 988 1028 1078 ... LastLast
Results 24,426 to 24,450 of 27551

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Not really. It shows intent by the possible buyer to buy.

It may also act as a holding deposit so it doesnt sell elsewhere.

Different to what we normally see perhaps bit imagine rules/etiquette is different when you are dealing with sales that high a value. More than any house i have bought!!!

Look at the interest generated here. Imagine if it was open book and you as an agent would have to deal with dozens perhaps hundreds of enquiries that ultimately have no intent to buy, just the curious wanting info on a rare item.

This is different to other sales that i have heard of. Anyone else aware of other >500k sales in the past and how they were dealt with?

(Apologies RF. This is discussion rather than providing new intruiging items)

I disagree. The more people would have the list, the more likely people may become aware of it and reach someone that can afford it and wants it.

The lesser is known, the less will be talked about it, therefore the less likely someone that can afford it may become aware of it.

Besides this forum, how many people are even aware of this collection for sell?
    I havent seen anybody talking about it besides VFB.
    I would have had the list, I would share the information on my network. Am sure that several websites such as Bloody Disgusting would talk about it.

Without the list, not gonna bother. What's the point since there is almost nothing to talk about.
    No picture. No partial listing. Not a (publicly) price. Nothing.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Different to what we normally see perhaps bit imagine rules/etiquette is different when you are dealing with sales that high a value. More than any house i have bought!!!
    I don’t know. I’ve never heard of a house for sale that you weren’t able to see the inside of before making an offer or deposit. Not arguing with you as maybe there’s more to this than meets the eye. I’d just guess for that kind of money, VFB wouldn’t be concerned about people eating their time with inquiries.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if they will change their strategy in 6 months if the collection havent sold.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm shocked that there are almost a dozen people who bid this lot to $500+. Jerome's original description was spot on. I just don't understand how a scruffy copy has been bid up so high. Congrats to the seller.

John

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJoeHillfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Up to $510 3 days left. I see a 0 feedback bidder and it makes me wonder........
    That seems ... high.

HBJ
    yeah... looking though the bids it does seem off. why would someone start small in $15 increments (200, 215, 230) then all of a sudden drop an extra $120 on top to blow away all other bids. Then before he gets outbid, add another $50 on top not once but 3 times.
    I wouldn't want this copy for anything other then a reading copy. So anything over $10 is too high for me.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    I don’t know. I’ve never heard of a house for sale that you weren’t able to see the inside of before making an offer or deposit. Not arguing with you as maybe there’s more to this than meets the eye. I’d just guess for that kind of money, VFB wouldn’t be concerned about people eating their time with inquiries.
    No arguments here, healthy discussion is what I see. I don’t know, anyone of us may be right, but if what others are saying is true, then someone has put a deposit down.

I’m as fascinated as the rest, and maybe you are correct about VFB, but if the priority is getting the serious buyers, then that could be a way, however unorthodox it is.

I have seen a few amazing collections on this site, and can only imagine what this one is like. Maybe it’s 30 or so lettered Suntup’s! Lol.

I also have an opinion on the buyer duplicating stuff. The larger collections I have seen here more than often have multiple signed limited, or lettered, sometimes in silly numbers, I imagine if I had that much spare cash to buy, it would not stop me too much.

I’d love an insight on people who are at that level with their collections.

I could be (probably) totally wrong with this.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

It's fun to dream. I know that if I were in the running, I would not get too many duplicates. I am still interested to maybe see the top 10 books in the collection.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can't remember seeing this one before:Custom slipcase for UK S/L Insomnia.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Yeah its that guy that makes all those cases with the original cover art...and sells questionable sigs.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Yeah its that guy that makes all those cases with the original cover art...and sells questionable sigs.
    Does anyone have any feedback on his cases? I’ve considered purchasing ones that aren’t made by others on occasion but something about it has scared me off each time.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

up to $2175 on 10 bids.

Gunslinger Apprentice BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

$3550 on 13 bids

My Mood
    Cool

And still 5 days to go.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you're into paperbacks. $125 BIN

14 Stephen King's First Books 1st Editions PB

https://www.ebay.com/itm/14-Stephen-...ujst:rk:8:pf:0

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

A couple of comments....Jerome s correct on both counts....I see only one or two of these come up per year......but nonetheless this one is overpriced. The last two I purchased were $55 and $54 shipped.

Also note that the upper left hand corner piece has separated from the sheet. It is not uncommon for these to have "breaks" in them...but there are fully intact sheets out there.

All that said....this is the first one I have ever seen still sealed in its original shipping container.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    A couple of comments....Jerome s correct on both counts....I see only one or two of these come up per year......but nonetheless this one is overpriced. The last two I purchased were $55 and $54 shipped.

Also note that the upper left hand corner piece has separated from the sheet. It is not uncommon for these to have "breaks" in them...but there are fully intact sheets out there.

All that said....this is the first one I have ever seen still sealed in its original shipping container.
    I just realized I have seen these so many times, likely own at least one however, I do not recall reading it before. Rick noting it had a piece loose made me pay more attention. Always thought of it as a puzzle to take apart and use to scramble and assemble as a diferent story.

My Mood
    Cool

The gunslinger is still at $3550. Not that I can afford it, but seems like a good deal to me.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

wondering if someone here won this eleven book set....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Eleven-11-R....m43663.l10137
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

What a strange auction. That Carrie is not a 1st. DJ looks like there is a sticker price over the original $5.95. Hard to tell with such low resolution photos.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Gunslinger Apprentice Ivo will become famous soon enough Ivo will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post

What a strange auction. That Carrie is not a 1st. DJ looks like there is a sticker price over the original $5.95. Hard to tell with such low resolution photos.
    The Carrie, Nightshift, The Stand,and Salems Lot all looked clipped on the bottom of the front dj flaps, probably where it said Book Club Edition.

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This one might be interesting for IT or proof collectors:
    IT unbound galley pages
    KING, STEPHEN. It. 1142 pages (300x155 mm). Unbound cut galley pages on glossy stock, printed on rectos only, single hole punch to top and bottom blank margins. Numerous partial and whole pages with pasted textual edits, printer's instructions, and collage elements. unique example, pre-proof copy representing the earliest state of book production. (ESS) New York: Viking, 1986
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    IT unbound galley pages
    KING, STEPHEN. It. 1142 pages (300x155 mm). Unbound cut galley pages on glossy stock, printed on rectos only, single hole punch to top and bottom blank margins. Numerous partial and whole pages with pasted textual edits, printer's instructions, and collage elements. unique example, pre-proof copy representing the earliest state of book production. (ESS) New York: Viking, 1986
    SWEET JESUS IN A SIDECAR, thank you for posting this!
    I will be giving this my best go

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    IT unbound galley pages
    Wow that's is really unique, I can see the price really going up if you get 2 people that really want that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 978 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 478 878 928 968 976 977 978 979 980 988 1028 1078 ... LastLast