Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1033 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 33 533 933 983 1023 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1043 1083 ... LastLast
Results 25,801 to 25,825 of 27551

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Very cool

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F163991246800

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    agreed I was just outbid at $888.88

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool

Yeah, but what does that mean "THAT PROCEEDS WOULD GO TO A LEARNING INSTITUTE TO BENEFIT NEEDY KIDS."

He doesnt say to which organisation the money will be sent to, and that sounds odd to me
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Very cool

Yeah, but what does that mean "THAT PROCEEDS WOULD GO TO A LEARNING INSTITUTE TO BENEFIT NEEDY KIDS."

He doesnt say to which organisation the money will be sent to, and that sounds odd to me
    You nailed it. I read that description and it’s very very strange.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Signature looks ok. Seek other opinions. Maybe offer $525:

Signed Stephen King, The Institute. 2019. First Edition/First Printing. NEW

$580.00
    Dec-21 03:24or Best Offer
    Free Shipping

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Very cool

Are we the only ones that think that?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool

I have no issue with it. I think it’s a bit of a play on words with the books name. I believe it’s legit 100%. Love the inscription too!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool

Think to yourself, would it really make a difference to you (or any collector for that matter) what he does with the money you're willing to pay if you really want the book? Would you bid more than you could afford because he says he will donate the funds? The likely answer to both is probably not. What he does with the funds is his business whether he gives 100%, 50% or 0% to a charity reallymakes little difference IMO

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Very cool

Think to yourself, would it really make a difference to you (or any collector for that matter) what he does with the money you're willing to pay if you really want the book? Would you bid more than you could afford because he says he will donate the funds? The likely answer to both is probably not. What he does with the funds is his business whether he gives 100%, 50% or 0% to a charity reallymakes little difference IMO
    Pretty slimy way to increase the potential profit on the book of his intent isn’t actually to donate the money.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone inquired as to what charity he is donating to?

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool

Pretty slimy way to increase the potential profit on the book of his intent isn’t actually to donate the money.
    My thoughts exactly

@Jerome : I did try, but ebay wouldnt allow to send any questions...

Gunslinger Apprentice Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough

I sent a message to the seller asking which charity. As far as I can tell it was sent. Not yet answered.

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Verdansky View Post
    I sent a message to the seller asking which charity. As far as I can tell it was sent. Not yet answered.
    If all else fails, ask Mr. King, himself. He will be watching...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Think to yourself, would it really make a difference to you (or any collector for that matter) what he does with the money you're willing to pay if you really want the book? Would you bid more than you could afford because he says he will donate the funds? The likely answer to both is probably not. What he does with the funds is his business whether he gives 100%, 50% or 0% to a charity really makes little difference IMO
    Examples would be like the Haven fund auctions going for more and the craziness CD's auctions go for. Agreed that it should be transparent as to what the charity is when it's advertised as such.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool

I happen to agree with Bill on this "issue." What business is it of ours where the proceeds go? Maybe the seller will determine what charity or charities get money after what the net proceeds are determined. And if the seller pockets the money, so be it. This is a non-issue -- at least for me.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Signature looks ok. Seek other opinions. Maybe offer $525:

Signed Stephen King, The Institute. 2019. First Edition/First Printing. NEW

$580.00
    Dec-21 03:24or Best Offer
    Free Shipping

This seller gave me an offer of $500. I didn't take it but thought I'd mention here because the price was good -

but I just noticed that it sold, and then the seller put up another listing with the exact same picture:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/35290354046...m=352903540460

Pretty shady, anyone looking at that new one should ask for more pictures of the actual item

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    Very cool

I happen to agree with Bill on this "issue." What business is it of ours where the proceeds go? Maybe the seller will determine what charity or charities get money after what the net proceeds are determined. And if the seller pockets the money, so be it. This is a non-issue -- at least for me.

John
    So you would be okay with me coming here with a book king signed for me, that I lied to him about, saying that the proceeds would go to the homeless to get more bids, then pocket the cash?

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

So you would be okay with me coming here with a book king signed for me, that I lied to him about, saying that the proceeds would go to the homeless to get more bids, then pocket the cash?
    No, but I wouldn't immediately suspect/accuse you of doing what you describe, above, if you put a book up for sale claiming proceeds would go to a charity you didn't specify.

It takes more than a simple lack of information for me to accuse someone of fraud. But maybe that's just me.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    No, but I wouldn't immediately suspect/accuse you of doing what you describe, above, if you put a book up for sale claiming proceeds would go to a charity you didn't specify.

It takes more than a simple lack of information for me to accuse someone of fraud. But maybe that's just me.

HBJ
    I agree with you Peter... I am not sure why some think (for no real reason) that this is fraud.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I couldnt get any american nor french press kit for IT Chapter 2, because I dont think they really did more than any text file (feel free to prove me wrong), but I recieved the other day this japanese program which I think is pretty cool.
    Despite not being able to read it
    It's about 20 pages or so

>>> https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...2&toolid=20008

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Given the rarity of the S/L, and all the extras tossed in to the auction, as well as the reputation of the seller, I think this is a bargain:

Stephen King A Book of Horrors Signed Limited Four Items Original Artwork

$2,300.00
    Dec-26 11:45Buy It Now
    +$32.03 shipping

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Given the rarity of the S/L, and all the extras tossed in to the auction, as well as the reputation of the seller, I think this is a bargain:

Stephen King A Book of Horrors Signed Limited Four Items Original Artwork

$2,300.00
    Dec-26 11:45Buy It Now
    +$32.03 shipping

I do as well. If I didn’t have...

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Think to yourself, would it really make a difference to you (or any collector for that matter) what he does with the money you're willing to pay if you really want the book? Would you bid more than you could afford because he says he will donate the funds? The likely answer to both is probably not. What he does with the funds is his business whether he gives 100%, 50% or 0% to a charity really makes little difference IMO
    Examples would be like the Haven fund auctions going for more and the craziness CD's auctions go for. Agreed that it should be transparent as to what the charity is when it's advertised as such.

Oh, I of all people am aware of that though I don't see how CD fits in, but in my experience people will pay what they will pay for a product and charity is not much of an issue except for a few of the more affluent variety. Charity, again IMO, plays a larger part in the production side of the piece being auctioned. My opinion is formed solely from sales conducted here, not out in the world so to speak. Therefore it may be limited to books and online auctions as opposed to events and such. Just my opinion is all.

FWIW as a side note, I've been collecting King for many many years now buying primarily online. I've seen so much shady shit and out right illegal shit perpetrated on the web that at this point it's like fuck it. Either you believe in the item and its within you're budget to purchase or you don't. Where the funds eventually go, or how they got there make little difference. That's a very dark hole!! lol lol I'm talking, Luke on Dagobah dark, man!!!! lol lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1033 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 33 533 933 983 1023 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1043 1083 ... LastLast