Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 126 176 576 1076 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Be careful though. If you put this on the shelf next to The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, you may end up with the cops busting you for fictitious child endangerment.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

This auction might be an easy way for someone to jumpstart an HC collection of (mostly) firsts.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Default S of S poster

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    SIGNED Stephen King Song of Susannah POSTER

The signature is ugly, but I think it could be real.

I recently purchased something from this seller, and it turns out he used to work for AMAZON and he once interviewed King.

Amazon Interiviews Stephen King

Tippy,

This auction intrigues me - why you ask?

Well I won one of these advertising posters (signed) in a Simon and Schuster online contest. I eventually sold it becasue I had no intention of ever framing it and hanging it in my home. Well, I would have, but my better half put the kabosh on that idea, so I decided to make some $$$ to help purchase something else. As I recall, I got somewhere in the neighborhood of $150 - $200 for it and the buyer was none other than Stu Tinker of Betts Books!

Now what really intrigued me on this acution is the picture of the post laying flat with SK books holding it down. Here are two pics I used in my auction three and a half years ago! Look similar! There are not the same pic but they are similar! :-)

This signature is as real as it gets! I received this poster direct from S&S in a rolled tube.

and here being held down by some Dark Tower books.
    SO I GUESS $31.00 was a good deal on this one!

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I should say so. Did you get it Explorer?
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Gunslinger Apprentice Earth's Militant Mind is on a distinguished road Earth's Militant Mind's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had a 30 dollar bid on that but was asleep when it ended, damn time difference.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Default S of S poster

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I should say so. Did you get it Explorer?
    Yes I actually did... unexpectantly.. has added a fairly low bid 5 hours out and forgot about it. Was surprised when found I won yesterday.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    This auction might be an easy way for someone to jumpstart an HC collection of (mostly) firsts.

I wonder what the actual shipping will be.

There's a note that says ebay only allows you to indicate $4.00 for shipping but that actual shipping will be higher.

I should think so !
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Previously discussed here, but with less than 1 day to go, this signed Stand is at almost $700! Way way overpriced imo, and I'm sure half of you are thinking shill bidding as it is a Tim Miller auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-SIG...QQcmdZViewItem

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger Apprentice blg is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of overpriced:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...lenotsupported

Either that or the market for SK books has come roaring back.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Someone really wants that book.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by blg View Post
    Speaking of overpriced:

They have been selling below the issue price recently.

The Lord of Skytop. Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Someone really wants that book.

Or the financial bailout is starting to work.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

It's a CitiBank Exec.... "Since we can't get that darned new jet... we have some dough available from the bailout...."
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Previously discussed here, but with less than 1 day to go, this signed Stand is at almost $700! Way way overpriced imo, and I'm sure half of you are thinking shill bidding as it is a Tim Miller auction.

Not that I am saying there is shill bidding going on , BUT, e***p (5) has 28 bids on 15 items in the last 30 days, ALL of which are Tim Miller's...

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

AND, it really seems like e***p (5) really wants this copy of The Stand.....

The Lord of Skytop. Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by at_one View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

Not that I am saying there is shill bidding going on , BUT, e***p (5) has 28 bids on 15 items in the last 30 days, ALL of which are Tim Miller's...
    It's just a coincidence.

Gunslinger Apprentice blg is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blg View Post
    Speaking of overpriced:

They have been selling below the issue price recently.
    Yes, thanks for pointing out the obvious. Although i'd be more than happy to sell my Chadbourne CC for $385.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that theres shill bidding going on with Shocklines auctions too.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

THIS is too big of a coincidence....
    28 bids on 15 items with only 5 actual wins..come on... that is simply garbage....

pretty poor....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/STEPHEN-KING-BAG-...3A1|240%3A1318

Now this intrigues me! This person says they have slipcases or can make slipcases for any King book. For the equivalent of $15 CDN, I question the quality - but I'm going to try this one to house the S/L of this book that I got the other day. I'll let you all know how it rates when I get it.
    Update on this. I'd suggest to anyone NOT to buy these. I guess I expected too much, and given the price they are bad. BUT, its pretty poorly constructed, the seams are noticeable, and the "leather" (definitely not leather) doesn't wrap into the case far enough. It looks quite nice, but reeks of the glue used, and traps the book inside!

Live and learn!

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Now this intrigues me! This person says they have slipcases or can make slipcases for any King book. For the equivalent of $15 CDN, I question the quality - but I'm going to try this one to house the S/L of this book that I got the other day. I'll let you all know how it rates when I get it.
    Update on this. I'd suggest to anyone NOT to buy these. I guess I expected too much, and given the price they are bad. BUT, its pretty poorly constructed, the seams are noticeable, and the "leather" (definitely not leather) doesn't wrap into the case far enough. It looks quite nice, but reeks of the glue used, and traps the book inside!

Live and learn!
    Eric- Thanks for the heads-up...I was looking at these but kinda figured at that price.....thank you for being the guinea pig!!!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a question.

How much did the artist edition of DTVII sketched by whelan costed? I mean from Whelan's site.

Thanks!
    Ari
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by at_one View Post

Live and learn!
    Eric- Thanks for the heads-up...I was looking at these but kinda figured at that price.....thank you for being the guinea pig!!!
    haha no worries, it cost me $15 all told, and if it had worked out I'd have considered it a bargain.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I have a question.

How much did the artist edition of DTVII sketched by whelan costed? I mean from Whelan's site.

Thanks!
    Ari

Ari--

Audrey recalls that she charged $250 for most of them (some commissioned, more elaborate ones she charged more), and told me she WAY undercharged.

When I asked her if she/Michael were going to do these again with LSOE, she said that she had something else in mind. But, she consulted with me as to what the original remarques sold for in the secondary market and based on that knowledge asked me if I thought the market would bear $1,000 per remarque and I said yes, but that she likely wouldn't get too many requests at a price that high. As far as I know, Michael has NO PLANS to do remarques for sale on his site. He has multiple other projects already lined up for this spring.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 126 176 576 1076 ... LastLast