+ Reply to Thread
Page 978 of 978 FirstFirst ... 478 878 928 968 976 977 978
Results 24,426 to 24,432 of 24432

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Citizen of Gilead amd013 is just really nice amd013 is just really nice amd013 is just really nice amd013 is just really nice amd013 is just really nice amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJoeHillfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Up to $510 3 days left. I see a 0 feedback bidder and it makes me wonder........
    That seems ... high.

HBJ
    yeah... looking though the bids it does seem off. why would someone start small in $15 increments (200, 215, 230) then all of a sudden drop an extra $120 on top to blow away all other bids. Then before he gets outbid, add another $50 on top not once but 3 times.
    I wouldn't want this copy for anything other then a reading copy. So anything over $10 is too high for me.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606. (could just trade limitation sheets).

Goldmember herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Not really. It shows intent by the possible buyer to buy.

It may also act as a holding deposit so it doesnt sell elsewhere.

Different to what we normally see perhaps bit imagine rules/etiquette is different when you are dealing with sales that high a value. More than any house i have bought!!!

Look at the interest generated here. Imagine if it was open book and you as an agent would have to deal with dozens perhaps hundreds of enquiries that ultimately have no intent to buy, just the curious wanting info on a rare item.

This is different to other sales that i have heard of. Anyone else aware of other >500k sales in the past and how they were dealt with?

(Apologies RF. This is discussion rather than providing new intruiging items)

I disagree. The more people would have the list, the more likely people may become aware of it and reach someone that can afford it and wants it.

The lesser is known, the less will be talked about it, therefore the less likely someone that can afford it may become aware of it.

Besides this forum, how many people are even aware of this collection for sell?
    I havent seen anybody talking about it besides VFB.
    I would have had the list, I would share the information on my network. Am sure that several websites such as Bloody Disgusting would talk about it.

Without the list, not gonna bother. What's the point since there is almost nothing to talk about.
    No picture. No partial listing. Not a (publicly) price. Nothing.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter

Servant of Gan Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

Different to what we normally see perhaps bit imagine rules/etiquette is different when you are dealing with sales that high a value. More than any house i have bought!!!
    I donít know. Iíve never heard of a house for sale that you werenít able to see the inside of before making an offer or deposit. Not arguing with you as maybe thereís more to this than meets the eye. Iíd just guess for that kind of money, VFB wouldnít be concerned about people eating their time with inquiries.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Goldmember herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if they will change their strategy in 6 months if the collection havent sold.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny007 is a jewel in the rough Johnny007 is a jewel in the rough Johnny007 is a jewel in the rough

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm shocked that there are almost a dozen people who bid this lot to $500+. Jerome's original description was spot on. I just don't understand how a scruffy copy has been bid up so high. Congrats to the seller.

John

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJoeHillfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Up to $510 3 days left. I see a 0 feedback bidder and it makes me wonder........
    That seems ... high.

HBJ
    yeah... looking though the bids it does seem off. why would someone start small in $15 increments (200, 215, 230) then all of a sudden drop an extra $120 on top to blow away all other bids. Then before he gets outbid, add another $50 on top not once but 3 times.
    I wouldn't want this copy for anything other then a reading copy. So anything over $10 is too high for me.

Citizen of Gilead shaq is just really nice shaq is just really nice shaq is just really nice shaq is just really nice shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    I donít know. Iíve never heard of a house for sale that you werenít able to see the inside of before making an offer or deposit. Not arguing with you as maybe thereís more to this than meets the eye. Iíd just guess for that kind of money, VFB wouldnít be concerned about people eating their time with inquiries.
    No arguments here, healthy discussion is what I see. I donít know, anyone of us may be right, but if what others are saying is true, then someone has put a deposit down.

Iím as fascinated as the rest, and maybe you are correct about VFB, but if the priority is getting the serious buyers, then that could be a way, however unorthodox it is.

I have seen a few amazing collections on this site, and can only imagine what this one is like. Maybe itís 30 or so lettered Suntupís! Lol.

I also have an opinion on the buyer duplicating stuff. The larger collections I have seen here more than often have multiple signed limited, or lettered, sometimes in silly numbers, I imagine if I had that much spare cash to buy, it would not stop me too much.

Iíd love an insight on people who are at that level with their collections.

I could be (probably) totally wrong with this.

Servant of Gan MikeDuke is a jewel in the rough MikeDuke is a jewel in the rough MikeDuke is a jewel in the rough MikeDuke is a jewel in the rough

My Mood
    Cheerful

It's fun to dream. I know that if I were in the running, I would not get too many duplicates. I am still interested to maybe see the top 10 books in the collection.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 978 of 978 FirstFirst ... 478 878 928 968 976 977 978