Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 850 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 350 750 800 840 848 849 850 851 852 860 900 950 ... LastLast
Results 21,226 to 21,250 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I seem to remember something about it but I think it was on all copies. I checked mine, both Waterstones and regular and they have the same typo.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I seem to remember something about it but I think it was on all copies. I checked mine, both Waterstones and regular and they have the same typo.
    Thus making the search for a possible correct spelling imperative.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Thus making the search for a possible correct spelling imperative.
    Right. I don't even know if they exist. Maybe someone here knows.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Both of mine as well.

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice Oreo713 will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreo713 View Post
    Great inscription (if your name is Paul) and nice signature. Too bad it's about twice the price that would sell quickly:

The Gunslinger, Dark Tower 1, Stephen King 1982 1st Edition Signed by King!
    That's the same inscription that my copy had. I sold mine to David Betts.
    Does that mean you are the Paul?
    No..lol...mine inscription read......To Nancy....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Great inscription (if your name is Paul) and nice signature. Too bad it's about twice the price that would sell quickly:

The Gunslinger, Dark Tower 1, Stephen King 1982 1st Edition Signed by King!
    That's the same inscription that my copy had. I sold mine to David Betts.
    Does that mean you are the Paul?
    No..lol...mine inscription read......To Nancy....
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Posted in one of king FB groups

Wow, the first time I've ever seen a cash cow!

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Here is my hypothesis:

• King wrote 'Salem's Lot in the present tense. It was not meant to reflect something long ago, nor terribly far in the future. Either King, or the editor looked at a Calendar for a Tuesday early in September of the expected publishing year-1975 (most schools in the USA started the school year the first or second Tuesday after Labor day which is the first Monday in September) The book specifically says "Tuesday September 16..." and " the prettiest girl in the park.."
    • Someone either named "Dawn", or on behalf of "Dawn" presented a 'Salem's Lot that was printed in 1978 and thus had the $8.95 price that "The Shining" was issued at and being sold for (Line item pricing is what that's called) to King with a specified inscription directly lifted from the book with the name of the character (Susan) changed to the book recipient (Dawn).
    • "The White Hart" is a novel by Arthur C. Clarke. I haven't read the book, so I'm not sure if there is a reference to a female that is the prettiest person, but the novel is real and I'm sure King and or Dawn had read it and thus referenced it.
    Thus we have a 1978 printed 'Salem's Lot with an $8.95 DJ reflecting the price for the hardback in 1978 and having long before been corrected to state Father Callahan on the flap. In 1978 or later, "Dawn" requested a specific inscription from Stephen King in the book. King complied and essentially back dated the year to be correct for the novel itself.

FYI, I think the only value in the book is the quirkiness of the inscription. I made an offer on the book based on that alone.
    Nice work, Flagg. A great explanation.
    Explanation is "plausible" but likelihood that this is really what happened is incredibly small....yes it fits (explanation) but is pure conjecture. Yes, I cannot offer an alternative explanation that makes sense, but I do like the inscription. For total transparency, I made the seller an offer which was accepted. I will own this book and put it with my many inscribed Salem's copies that I already own...for better or worse...You can say I'm a fool and threw my money away but I don't really care honestly.
    Everything that has already been said is possible. Props to RF for his possible scenario. Firemonkey (and others) points out that the signature is certainly not what you would see from King in 1974, 1975, 1976 or even most of 1977. The book is unarguably not a first edition for multiple reasons already put forth. The inscription looks real -- for the most part. So, again, why would King inscribe this book with these specific words? And if the words were requested from some devoted fan, why did the fan sell it? The "fan" certainly sold the book before this seller made it available via eBay. What is the provenance? I would like to hear about that...and the seller SHOULD have the ability to give some backstory. This in and of itself is fishy.

While everyone agrees that the inscription appears to be legitimate, I still find it hard to understand or believe that King would backdate ANY inscription. Why? Has anyone seen inscriptions or dates where King actually writes out the day of the week? I am also very uncomfortable with the "1975" for more than the crossing of the 7. Does it not appear as if 1975 is spaced out too much -- kind of like it's purposely trying to center the year to give more validity to the entire date. And aside from the crossed 7, the top of the 7 is slightly curved at the top. Most of the early King 7s are straight lines until you move down. While I'm not saying that this is fake, I'm just puzzled (perplexed has been used, I think) with this entire lot.

Finally, RF noted that this seller is brand new. Account opened in early December...Christmas season and the time when nefarious actors appear like flies on shit. Remember about 4-5 years ago when someone tried to sell David Aronowitz's (Fine Books Company in Michigan) asbestos Firestarter? That was also a new seller and I believe it was tried during the December Christmas season. David -- I'm glad you are getting this book. There was NEVER a question that this signature preceded the copy you own. I would bet my life on that...more than that, I'd bet my collection on that. You will be able to answer a few questions once you have it in your possession but not all of them. Anyway, my two cents on this unusual SK item.

John

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Here is my hypothesis:

• King wrote 'Salem's Lot in the present tense. It was not meant to reflect something long ago, nor terribly far in the future. Either King, or the editor looked at a Calendar for a Tuesday early in September of the expected publishing year-1975 (most schools in the USA started the school year the first or second Tuesday after Labor day which is the first Monday in September) The book specifically says "Tuesday September 16..." and " the prettiest girl in the park.."
    • Someone either named "Dawn", or on behalf of "Dawn" presented a 'Salem's Lot that was printed in 1978 and thus had the $8.95 price that "The Shining" was issued at and being sold for (Line item pricing is what that's called) to King with a specified inscription directly lifted from the book with the name of the character (Susan) changed to the book recipient (Dawn).
    • "The White Hart" is a novel by Arthur C. Clarke. I haven't read the book, so I'm not sure if there is a reference to a female that is the prettiest person, but the novel is real and I'm sure King and or Dawn had read it and thus referenced it.
    Thus we have a 1978 printed 'Salem's Lot with an $8.95 DJ reflecting the price for the hardback in 1978 and having long before been corrected to state Father Callahan on the flap. In 1978 or later, "Dawn" requested a specific inscription from Stephen King in the book. King complied and essentially back dated the year to be correct for the novel itself.

FYI, I think the only value in the book is the quirkiness of the inscription. I made an offer on the book based on that alone.
    I agree 100% with this train of thought. Before I saw RF's presentation I had clicked onto the original auction for the book and when I saw the inscription the first thing I thought was that SK was channeling his inner Ben Mears when he signed the book. There is no other reasonable explanation. The Arthur C. Clark reference is lost on me as I am not familiar with his work. Maybe a perusal of Tales From The White Hart would reveal there is pretty character named Dawn in one of the stories.
    As for the Tuesday, September 16, 1975 date in the published novel I concur that Doubleday and SK likely agreed to shift dates in the story to coincide with the year of publication as the original manuscript (started in October of 1972 and completed in May of 1973) referenced dates/days that were from 1971 although the actual year is never specifically mentioned.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Plug for my items:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/divemaster13...p2047675.l2562

Five King S/L editions and a Shining True First

Bid early; bid often!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Plug for my items:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/divemaster13...p2047675.l2562

Five King S/L editions and a Shining True First

Bid early; bid often!
    Nothing listed Dave!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Does the link not work? Works on my end. I'll try something different.
    Works for me!
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Works for me!
    Nope.. says 0 items for sale.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Works for me

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Anybody else looking for LSOE replacement dust jackets? Robert put up an order page for them
    https://secure.grantbooks.com/produc...ia-dustjacket/
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Anybody else looking for LSOE replacement dust jackets? Robert put up an order page for them
    You were looking for these right? In the end it worked out!
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Yes, I e-mailed Robert directly and he hooked me up. I just received them today, actually. And then I saw the newsletter and realized he's making them generally available, so I figured I'd post the link. Now my AE and S/L have fresh jackets, which I love. Thank you to all that helped me out, especially jsmcmullen92 for kind of prodding me into e-mailing Robert directly. Cheers!
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I ordered $750 worth of DJ's from Grant Publishing yesterday...I should be set for years.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I ordered $750 worth of DJ's from Grant Publishing yesterday...I should be set for years.
    OMG... did you really? ahahah
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I must have ordered close to 100 DJs in all, all Dark Tower ones....10 LSOE to start with but trade, AE, S/L copies too...I own some already, but as Betts owner, I love to have these at the ready to swap out if I need to.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Yes, I e-mailed Robert directly and he hooked me up. I just received them today, actually. And then I saw the newsletter and realized he's making them generally available, so I figured I'd post the link. Now my AE and S/L have fresh jackets, which I love. Thank you to all that helped me out, especially jsmcmullen92 for kind of prodding me into e-mailing Robert directly. Cheers!
    Glad it worked out for you! I feel like everyone has gotten lost a time or two trying to get ahold of Grant so just want to make sure that everyone has tried the methods that have worked for me.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 850 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 350 750 800 840 848 849 850 851 852 860 900 950 ... LastLast