Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 849 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 349 749 799 839 847 848 849 850 851 859 899 949 ... LastLast
Results 21,201 to 21,225 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Ya'll are udderly ridiculous with these puns.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Here is my hypothesis:

• King wrote 'Salem's Lot in the present tense. It was not meant to reflect something long ago, nor terribly far in the future. Either King, or the editor looked at a Calendar for a Tuesday early in September of the expected publishing year-1975 (most schools in the USA started the school year the first or second Tuesday after Labor day which is the first Monday in September) The book specifically says "Tuesday September 16..." and " the prettiest girl in the park.."
    • Someone either named "Dawn", or on behalf of "Dawn" presented a 'Salem's Lot that was printed in 1978 and thus had the $8.95 price that "The Shining" was issued at and being sold for (Line item pricing is what that's called) to King with a specified inscription directly lifted from the book with the name of the character (Susan) changed to the book recipient (Dawn).
    • "The White Hart" is a novel by Arthur C. Clarke. I haven't read the book, so I'm not sure if there is a reference to a female that is the prettiest person, but the novel is real and I'm sure King and or Dawn had read it and thus referenced it.
    Thus we have a 1978 printed 'Salem's Lot with an $8.95 DJ reflecting the price for the hardback in 1978 and having long before been corrected to state Father Callahan on the flap. In 1978 or later, "Dawn" requested a specific inscription from Stephen King in the book. King complied and essentially back dated the year to be correct for the novel itself.

FYI, I think the only value in the book is the quirkiness of the inscription. I made an offer on the book based on that alone.
    Nice work, Flagg. A great explanation.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Gunslinger Apprentice billstand is just really nice billstand is just really nice billstand is just really nice billstand is just really nice

KING pamphlet introduction to THE COLLECTOR with book for $56 total.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fowles-John-...gAAOSwnHZYQiVI

Gunslinger Apprentice billstand is just really nice billstand is just really nice billstand is just really nice billstand is just really nice

Darmn I missed it again. Not enough heads up.
    How do I find these and where do we input the code?? Thanks

eBay has $15 Off $75 with code "CDECFLASHSAVE"

Valid through midnight EST

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    You know they have to MILK it as long as they can.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    You know they have to MILK it as long as they can.
    Pure tripe I say...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good grief, Shac! See what you started lol.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Good grief, Shac! See what you started lol.
    I agree. I'm guilty too.
    Someone's going to whip my hide...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    the signature looks legit to me, but was he doing the looped crossed T in 75? its a long shot, but is it possible he just had the date wrong when he signed it?
    If you check a calendar, he signed the correct DAY for the date. The earliest picture of a dated inscription that I have where King crosses a 7 is in November 1978.
    It's commonly believed that King didn't start to cross his 7's until after he and his family went to England briefly in 1977.
    Completely unrelated to the discussion at hand but, my freshman high school algebra teacher insisted that we cross our 7s or be downgraded. Been crossing them ever since. In case you guys run across one of my early sigs
    sorry to interrupt this otherwise fascinating discussion but this made me chuckle. Thank you Brian.
    Carry on all!
    Well, Lori, since this trend has gone to the cows; I don't feel as bad responding lol. You're most welcome and glad I amused someone outside of myself .
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Here is my hypothesis:

• King wrote 'Salem's Lot in the present tense. It was not meant to reflect something long ago, nor terribly far in the future. Either King, or the editor looked at a Calendar for a Tuesday early in September of the expected publishing year-1975 (most schools in the USA started the school year the first or second Tuesday after Labor day which is the first Monday in September) The book specifically says "Tuesday September 16..." and " the prettiest girl in the park.."
    • Someone either named "Dawn", or on behalf of "Dawn" presented a 'Salem's Lot that was printed in 1978 and thus had the $8.95 price that "The Shining" was issued at and being sold for (Line item pricing is what that's called) to King with a specified inscription directly lifted from the book with the name of the character (Susan) changed to the book recipient (Dawn).
    • "The White Hart" is a novel by Arthur C. Clarke. I haven't read the book, so I'm not sure if there is a reference to a female that is the prettiest person, but the novel is real and I'm sure King and or Dawn had read it and thus referenced it.
    Thus we have a 1978 printed 'Salem's Lot with an $8.95 DJ reflecting the price for the hardback in 1978 and having long before been corrected to state Father Callahan on the flap. In 1978 or later, "Dawn" requested a specific inscription from Stephen King in the book. King complied and essentially back dated the year to be correct for the novel itself.

FYI, I think the only value in the book is the quirkiness of the inscription. I made an offer on the book based on that alone.
    Nice work, Flagg. A great explanation.
    Explanation is "plausible" but likelihood that this is really what happened is incredibly small....yes it fits (explanation) but is pure conjecture. Yes, I cannot offer an alternative explanation that makes sense, but I do like the inscription. For total transparency, I made the seller an offer which was accepted. I will own this book and put it with my many inscribed Salem's copies that I already own...for better or worse...You can say I'm a fool and threw my money away but I don't really care honestly.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the book. I think it's a great inscription. I really do think something like I/Jerome suggested must account for the discrepancy. No way to prove it, but there's not much in the way of an alternate circumstance that could have happened, to account for a 1975 date on on 1978 book, other than a complete re-binding exercise.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on a great inscription, David. I too agree with others above that this was an exercise in rebinding from a damaged first edition.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it's worth owning simply for the oddity of the piece. Congrats on the great purchase David!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

He's a member here.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    He's a member here.

Mulleins
    It sold. Not sure if a member got it. I'll keep searching and will post what I find. If you want one, keep your eyes open.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    He's a member here.

Mulleins
    It sold. Not sure if a member got it. I'll keep searching and will post what I find. If you want one, keep your eyes open.
    Rest assured, it did.
    I have one more copy if anyone is interested. Shoot me a PM.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

^Sold.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Great inscription (if your name is Paul) and nice signature. Too bad it's about twice the price that would sell quickly:

The Gunslinger, Dark Tower 1, Stephen King 1982 1st Edition Signed by King!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice Oreo713 will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Great inscription (if your name is Paul) and nice signature. Too bad it's about twice the price that would sell quickly:

That's the same inscription that my copy had. I sold mine to David Betts.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Oreo713 View Post

That's the same inscription that my copy had. I sold mine to David Betts.
    Does that mean you are the Paul?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Never heard of this one... Do all Hodder 1st/1st have the typo?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 849 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 349 749 799 839 847 848 849 850 851 859 899 949 ... LastLast