Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 169 569 1069 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Gunslinger Apprentice Earth's Militant Mind is on a distinguished road Earth's Militant Mind's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is cool, I just wouldn't spend that much for it.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/CREEPSHOW-STEPHE...3286.m20.l1116

Never been a fan of Cujo but maybe someone here is
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-CUJ...1%7C240%3A1318

For those who collect proofs first I've seen this.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Dandelion-Wine-R...3286.m20.l1116

Vagrant Dead pickle is on a distinguished road pickle's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This seems like a interesting auction, not surer if the price is good or not.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...etQ5fKWQQfviZ1

What do you all think?
    ... From the keyboard of Kevin

"A gunslinger knows pride - that invisible bone that keeps the neck stiff."

"Officer Benzyck! It's good to see you and there's some jam right there on your collar, praise God!"- Rev. Earl Harrigan

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's a good haul, but not worth the price they're asking. That's nearly $250 for what is essentially a loose signature. I would much rather have a signed book than a bookplate. This does appear to be legit, though I'm not the one to ask about if that is the right type of bookplate.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The price is about right. King, when he was in the UK promoting Lisey's Story, signed a number of copies and signed a number of bookplates at the same time. I've got signed first/firsts, a signed first/third plus a signed bookplate, plus all the accompanying items.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Call me strange, but it is the promo items that apeal to me most about that auction, im not too fussed about the bookplate.

"Officer Benzyck! It's good to see you and there's some jam right there on your collar, praise God!"- Rev. Earl Harrigan

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That would be a high price for those other items.

John

Country
    Country Flag

I know he signed books AND bookplates, but I can't assign the same value to a signed bookplate as I do a signed book. I have several books with signed bookplates (not King though) and I know their value is not the same as one with a signature in the actual book. From a collectors viewpoint, I have no interest in signed bookplates, but that's me. I see the value of a bookplate, from a collector's point of view, as being approximately 66-70% of the value of the actual signed book. That is just my opinion though.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I'm no expert or anything, but I agree with Sam. A bookplate signed and attached to a book, to me - as a collectors - wouldn't be worth as much as a book which has been physically signed.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    I'm no expert or anything, but I agree with Sam. A bookplate signed and attached to a book, to me - as a collectors - wouldn't be worth as much as a book which has been physically signed.
    It does bring up a good discussion. I only have a couple bookplates signed by King. One of them is attached to the Uk Lisey's Story release. My friend in the UK went to the Lisey's Story signing, got me the book, bookplate, and all the goodies from the event.

But the point that I want to make is this: This isn't just a normal bookplate. This was designed for the UK release and event of this book. So, I think my Lisey's Story bookplate, designed around the book for that signing has more meaning over a simple bookplate. IMO, this signed UK bookplate is just as valuable as a flat signed signature in this UK release just because it was designed for this signing.

But, I don't believe just throwing a simple signed bookplate or piece of paper in a book makes it a signed copy as we sometimes see on Ebay.

It would be hard to place this plate in any other book so I feel my value is just the same. IMO of course.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

In normal circumstances, I'd agree that a valid signed bookplate is about 60-70% the value of a signed book, but, as Ralph says above, this bookplate is specially designed for this signing, so I'd give it 85-90% the value instead. Of course, not equal to the value of the actual signed volume, but more than a "regular" signed bookplate.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah it's worth more than a "regular" signed bookplate simply because it was designed specifically for that signing. With it coming with all the paraphernalia the value is even more, but I wouldn't put the value any more than something like Just After Sunset signed with all the paraphernalia that came with that signing or the Three Kings signing and any paraphernalia that came with it. If I remember right, you got to bring a book from home to that one didn't you? The auction we were discussing is placed at a higher price than the recent JAS. Sure there was one or two copies that went for more than $200, but that is about where the prices fell for the ones I saw. To start the auction at nearly $250 US is to start the auction at above what I see to be the nominal market value. There are not likely anymore signed copies of JAS than there are Lisey's Story, but I know for certain I couldn't see paying full price for all that and not getting a true signed copy of the book. Sure the bookplate is nice, and certainly unique among the bookplates I've seen on ebay, but is it worth the upper end of a signed copy of one of King's recent novels? Not for me, but maybe for someone it is. This auction may bear watching.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Personally I don't really attach a great deal of value to the signed bookplates and even less value to these signed Lisey's bookplates.

While King was here in the UK I think he did five main signings, then he signed a load more at Battersea reading and also there were stacks and stacks of pre-signed copies at Battersea for sale, then a few hundred bookplates.

So I would put the bookplates at the bottom of the value scale after both signed 1st Ed 1st Printing and the 1st Ed 3rd Printings (those were the ones sold at the reading).

There's simply so many (gotta be well over a thousand surely) signed Lisey's that not many people would be willing to settle for one with a bookplate stuck in when they can pick up a copy signed properly for a not unreasonable price from ebayuk.

Me I never got a bookplate, my bro asked the lady handing them out for one but she said she had run out, which was fair enough because I had been at the front of the signing queue anyway so got loads of books signed but I was still annoyed because I don't like being lied to!, five minutes later I saw her handing out another stack of them

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Meh....it's a signed postcard with a book title on it...I would say it's worth $100 or so as a legit signature...aboout the same as the typed, signed notes that came with Black House...

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Cloysterpete,

That is a perfect analogy for someone that lives in the UK. However, we didn't see 1000 signed UK editions hit the US market. Most of what we saw was bookplate signed. I thought the bookplate made for the event sort of gave the signature provenance. IMO.

I've never added to my collection the UK Wizard & Glass and Bag of Bones both with bookplates? What is your take on the value of these UK releases?

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

A question to think about,

I like the UK releases. I'm tickled to have a UK Duma Key (I love the cover) but could care less to have the US release in my collection, except the one I read of course.

My question:

Do UK collectors feel the same about US releases. Is it just me? I was very excited to get a Lisey's Story UK from the signing. Bookplate or not. I also have a US release flat signed at the New York event. I like the UK release with the bookplate better.

I've never felt the value was less or more over my US release because of the bookplate signed from the event.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    I like the UK releases. I'm tickled to have a UK Duma Key (I love the cover) but could care less to have the US release in my collection, except the one I read of course.

My question:

Do UK collectors feel the same about US releases. Is it just me?
    I personally do not care for the US editions. I only started collecting them a year ago. I only have UK editions on display.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

mulleins - with the exchange rate nows the time to import UK books

I'm the exact opposite to Mr Rabbit in that I only care for the US editions, when a new hardcover comes out the US one is the one I buy, even though it costs more.

Now I could say this is because in my mind he is an American author and as such the only true first edition is the first US hardcover anything else is just a reprint to me, even if it comes out the same day but tbh thats only a part of it the main reason is simply the cover designs. Since Cell i've hated the designs of the covers and years later there are still using it , I can't do a great deal to change it but one thing I can do is make sure they lose a sale because of it. I think I was the only one who took a US Lisey's to the UK signings lol.

The small-time collector in me has been itching to buy the UK Sunset because it's so cheap (£18.99rrp and it's selling for £7.99) but i'm sticking to my guns and refusing to order it.

Country
    Country Flag

All of my first editions are UK ones, its not that i dont like the US ones. It just seems to have worked out that i have all UK ones.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent collecting points by all.

I'm tickled that we all see collecting in different ways. Could you imagine what our conversations would be like if we all collected in the same way. "I just got my copy" "I got mine before you" "DID NOT" "Yes i did" "PROVE IT" "Let's compare receipts"

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Gunslinger Apprentice Earth's Militant Mind is on a distinguished road Earth's Militant Mind's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Again just my opinion here bur the US editions of S/L seem to be better because of the art included. All of the UK edditions just seem plain and not very unique.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Not An Auction, but did any of you all see these over at SideShow Collectibles?
    They're all Limited Editions.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=7601

"Commissioned by Shawshank Director Frank Darabont to celebrate the film's 10th Anniversary this limited edition giclie is each hand-signed and numbered by the artist, Drew Struzan. Sideshow is pleased to announce that we have also made arrangements with, 'The Shawshank Redemption' director, Frank Darabont to hand-sign each piece. The signatures are placed within the white border around the image to accommodate framing by the purchaser. This impressive high quality giclei is a limited edition of 100 pieces worldwide."

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=7602

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=7603

The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the poster one is really nice!!!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the links. Very cool items.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

HORRIPILATION, by JK Potter, with introduction by King
    being sell from France
    ebay #360119528110
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it has finally happened. I guess it was inevitable. My watch list on eBay contains NO items. I've been registered on eBay for over 10 years and cannot recall that ever happening before. Between King books, monster magazines and Carl Barks comic books there has always been several...up to about 30 items on my watch list at any one time.

I don't know what this says. No interesting items listed? My interest waning? Senile depression setting in? All of the above? We'll see, I guess.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 169 569 1069 ... LastLast