Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 589 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 89 489 539 579 587 588 589 590 591 599 639 689 1089 ... LastLast
Results 14,701 to 14,725 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I need Dandelion Wine but does that price seem like crazy?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The seller states " THIS SIGNED BOOK WAS OBTAINED IN PERSON BY MYSELF LAST WEEK WHEN HE WAS IN NEW YORK CITY AT THE CBS EARLY SHOW FOR PROMOTION." however the shirt on King shown in seller's picture is not the shirt Stephen was wearing during that interview or the next two appearances he was on that morning. It also is not the shirt King was wearing on Seth Myers show that evening.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I'd email PS or Camelot and inquire about issue price and then form an opinion. Keep in mind that this is the deluxe two book edition. It's the only edition signed by King and it also includes an extra volume by Bradbury so you're up against two sets of collectors, a proverbial double whammy.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I'd email PS or Camelot and inquire about issue price and then form an opinion. Keep in mind that this is the deluxe two book edition. It's the only edition signed by King and it also includes an extra volume by Bradbury so you're up against two sets of collectors, a proverbial double whammy.
    I think £349.99 rings a bell!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    I think £349.99 rings a bell!
    No! just checked £375.00

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As a huge sci-fi (and Bradbury) fan, as well as a huge King fan and collector, I would love to have this book. If I were flush I might pay close to the asking price just to obtain it w/ no hassle. Alas, I am in a serious cash-flow situation and in selling mode, not obtaining mode. (And yes, I realize Dandelion Wine is not a sci-fi novel).

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    As a huge sci-fi (and Bradbury) fan, as well as a huge King fan and collector, I would love to have this book. If I were flush I might pay close to the asking price just to obtain it w/ no hassle. Alas, I am in a serious cash-flow situation and in selling mode, not obtaining mode. (And yes, I realize Dandelion Wine is not a sci-fi novel).
    What is the book about?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

What is the book about?
    The Catalog is your friend:

"Signed Numbered 1/100.Wraparound pictorial, pictorial papers. Issued with dust jacket and red colored slipcase. Issue price $750. 220 pages.
    Comments: This edition is limited to 100 special deluxe sets signed by Ray Bradbury and Stephen King. With a brand new introduction by Stephen King, this 50th Anniversary production of Dandelion Wine includes all the original illustrations that accompanied the individual stories when they first saw print in the magazines of the 1940s and '50s. This edition also includes a second book: Summer Morning, Summer Night, featuring all the other Greentown, Illinois stories... some of which are previously unpublished."

Wikipedia:
    "Dandelion Wine is a 1957 novel by Ray Bradbury, taking place in the summer of 1928 in the fictional town of Green Town, Illinois, based upon Bradbury's childhood home of Waukegan, Illinois. The novel developed from the short story "Dandelion Wine" which appeared in the June 1953 issue of Gourmet magazine.
    The title refers to a wine made with dandelion petals and other ingredients, commonly citrus fruit. In the story, dandelion wine, as made by the protagonist's grandfather, serves as a metaphor for packing all of the joys of summer into a single bottle.
    The main character of the story is Douglas Spaulding, a 12-year-old boy loosely patterned after Bradbury. Most of the book is focused upon the routines of small-town America, and the simple joys of yesterday."

BTW, I have issue price as $750.

I suggest someone buy it. They are hard to find.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's an idealized autobiographical novel, based loosely on Bradbury's childhood growing up in a small Norman Rockwell type town. The arrangement is similar to The Martian Chronicles, in that there are various semi-interlocking vignettes. Some were published as short stories separately but combined for a novel-type final work. There are elements of subtle fantasy throughout.

If you are looking for "typical" sci-fi or sci-fi/horror that Bradbury is better known for, you'll likely be somewhat flummoxed by Dandelion Wine. However, as a piece of nostalgia literature, it's very effective.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That "Children of the Corn" looks a lot like the one he did for the Case Art Editions, but those were in color. Nice piece!!! The "Joyland" as well.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There are several of those original Chadbourne pieces that are super cool. Might have to pick one up! I did just get some birthday money...

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Stay far away from this book. It is a fake. The photo has been very poorly doctored in PhotoShop and is evident here:

The hair curl (which is just wrong) is one separate patch, the eyeglass frames (don't line up) is another, the bridge of the nose, the nostrils, under the nose, lips, chin and larynx are all separate photos that have been cut into place. The clearest indication is through the right lense up to the hair. You can see the highlighted sections at:

http://geraldwinters.com/king/mercedes.jpg

Just enlarge the photo to see it clearly. It is similar to how Tim Miller at Flatsigned.com used to pass off his fakes.

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    The seller states " THIS SIGNED BOOK WAS OBTAINED IN PERSON BY MYSELF LAST WEEK WHEN HE WAS IN NEW YORK CITY AT THE CBS EARLY SHOW FOR PROMOTION." however the shirt on King shown in seller's picture is not the shirt Stephen was wearing during that interview or the next two appearances he was on that morning. It also is not the shirt King was wearing on Seth Myers show that evening.

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by neo_trinity View Post
    Stay far away from this book. It is a fake. The photo has been very poorly doctored in PhotoShop and is evident here:

The hair curl (which is just wrong) is one separate patch, the eyeglass frames (don't line up) is another, the bridge of the nose, the nostrils, under the nose, lips, chin and larynx are all separate photos that have been cut into place. The clearest indication is through the right lense up to the hair. You can see the highlighted sections at:

http://geraldwinters.com/king/mercedes.jpg

Just enlarge the photo to see it clearly. It is similar to how Tim Miller at Flatsigned.com used to pass off his fakes.

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    Your Good! His neck looks like he swallowed a hockey puck now that you pointed it out.

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

His left cheek is also a large section that is different. Perhaps Taduz Lemke gently touched his cheek and Stephen wanted to have a skin graph. I have counted 12 different pixelations that just prove that the seller has simply cut various sectional photos of Stephen from another source and superimposed them over someone in a random bookstore. Unless Stephen went for a complete hair coloring while spending the day in Manhattan, his hair has gone from black to grey rather quickly.

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Have you messaged the seller?

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought it was off just for the fact that he states it was at the CBS Early Show and the photo is clearly at a book store. Last time I checked the CBS studio didn't’ have a book store.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

No. I have no intention of doing so. I haven't bought signed SK books from eBay in years. Unless a friend attends a signing, or myself, I don't purchase them. Too many fraudulent sellers.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to lean towards good. Not 100% confident, but King's "rushed" sig these days is often ugly and I've noticed inconsistencies with bona fide sigs; for example, the amount of loopiness in the "ST" portion.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Carrie association copy being sold by a bookseller in Maine. There are a few members here that have purchased rarities from this seller:

Inscribed, Association copy of Author's First Book

King, Stephen. Carrie. Garden City: Doubleday, 1974. First edition, stated on copyright page, with "P6" in the gutter of the last page of text and $5.95 on dust jacket flap. Author's first book. Inscribed by King; “For Ted Holmes – a fine writer and a fine teacher of writing The second is infinitely harder. All [the] best, Stephen King April 12, 1974” This is as early an inscription as one is likely to find, dated only 7 days after the book was released on April 5th, from a writer who influenced King's writing; King was one of Holmes' students at the University of Maine. Holmes wrote of the unromantic reality of Maine life in books such as A Part of the Maine: Short Stories of the Maine Coast. King dedicated his novel The Long Walk to Holmes (and two other teachers). The book has a slight spine slant and some foxing at the top edge but is otherwise in VG condition. The dust jacket is a little chipped at the top and bottom of the spine and rubbed towards the top of the front fold edge; otherwise in Very Good condition. Photos happily provided of the book and inscription. $2,500

Bill Lippincott, Lippincott Books
    Email: wjl3@tds.net
    Phone: 207-862-6946
    http://www.lippincottbooks.net/

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to lean towards good. Not 100% confident, but King's "rushed" sig these days is often ugly and I've noticed inconsistencies with bona fide sigs; for example, the amount of loopiness in the "ST" portion.
    I didn't like it a lot at first. I left it up on the screen while I prepared dinner and when I came back to the computer my first impression is that it's good.

For what that's worth.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Carrie association copy being sold by a bookseller in Maine. There are a few members here that have purchased rarities from this seller:

Inscribed, Association copy of Author's First Book

King, Stephen. Carrie. Garden City: Doubleday, 1974. First edition, stated on copyright page, with "P6" in the gutter of the last page of text and $5.95 on dust jacket flap. Author's first book. Inscribed by King; “For Ted Holmes – a fine writer and a fine teacher of writing The second is infinitely harder. All [the] best, Stephen King April 12, 1974” This is as early an inscription as one is likely to find, dated only 7 days after the book was released on April 5th, from a writer who influenced King's writing; King was one of Holmes' students at the University of Maine. Holmes wrote of the unromantic reality of Maine life in books such as A Part of the Maine: Short Stories of the Maine Coast. King dedicated his novel The Long Walk to Holmes (and two other teachers). The book has a slight spine slant and some foxing at the top edge but is otherwise in VG condition. The dust jacket is a little chipped at the top and bottom of the spine and rubbed towards the top of the front fold edge; otherwise in Very Good condition. Photos happily provided of the book and inscription. $2,500

Bill Lippincott, Lippincott Books
    Email: wjl3@tds.net
    Phone: 207-862-6946
    http://www.lippincottbooks.net/

Intriguing. Who's gonna get it?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 589 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 89 489 539 579 587 588 589 590 591 599 639 689 1089 ... LastLast