30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kill Bill: Volume 1

13 43.33%
  • Pan's Labyrinth

17 56.67%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - 2000s: Quarterfinal 4 of 4

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Great Movie Tournament - 2000s: Quarterfinal 4 of 4

During the seventh round of The Great Movie Tournament, please vote for one film you would like to move onto the next round. The top film will be moving on. Keep in mind that the percentage of the vote a given film receives will determine its standing going forward.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are (please let me know if any video doesn't play for you):

Kill Bill: Volume 1 (2003)
    Directed by Quentin Tarantino

Watch Trailer

Pan's Labyrinth (2006)
    Directed by Guillermo del Toro

Watch Trailer

Zane, The Operative fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Innocent

damn.... I'm leaning towards KB but I gotta sit on this one for a little bit.
    Death comes for all us all... but you first!

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm just nodding my head the whole time thinking "ok, stop now, please."

Peter Gibbons Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Kill Bill for me.

Heather's probably having a heart attack.
    Peter: "I don't like my job, and, uh, I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."

Soap Poisoning Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19's Avatar

Yes, I hate this. There's only 2 films left that I love and they have to go up against each other

Kill Bill obviously gets my vote though.
    "Fra-gee-lay" Öit must be Italian!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Obviously? I was hoping it would be Panís.

Soap Poisoning Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19's Avatar

I love Pan's but it's no Kill Bill. Kill Bill is amazing film making. I love every second of it.

Rabid Billybumbler St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

PL
    I hired Donald Trump to fire people like Yovanovitch.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

Kill Bill for me. I'm shocked "Pan" made it this far!!!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Bride.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a glorious beacon of light sharki69 is a glorious beacon of light sharki69 is a glorious beacon of light sharki69 is a glorious beacon of light sharki69 is a glorious beacon of light sharki69 is a glorious beacon of light sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Agree. I Never watched it

I saw huge buildings rise up faint and fair, and pass like dreams. T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Then how do you know it's no good?

ďWe all have our time machines donít we. Those that take us back are memoriesÖ
    And those that carry us forward, are dreams.Ē Ė H.G. Wells

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a glorious beacon of light sharki69 is a glorious beacon of light sharki69 is a glorious beacon of light sharki69 is a glorious beacon of light sharki69 is a glorious beacon of light sharki69 is a glorious beacon of light sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    I never said itís not good... guess Iím surprised a movie I didnít watched made it to the final 8...

I saw huge buildings rise up faint and fair, and pass like dreams. T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I never said itís not good... guess Iím surprised a movie I didnít watched made it to the final 8...
    Yeah you should definitely watch it. You won't be surprised that it's in the final 8 then - it's an absolute cracking film!

ďWe all have our time machines donít we. Those that take us back are memoriesÖ
    And those that carry us forward, are dreams.Ē Ė H.G. Wells

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah you should definitely watch it. You won't be surprised that it's in the final 8 then - it's an absolute cracking film!
    Will do!

Kill Bill needs some votes

Servant of Gan DoctorZaius is a glorious beacon of light DoctorZaius is a glorious beacon of light DoctorZaius is a glorious beacon of light DoctorZaius is a glorious beacon of light DoctorZaius is a glorious beacon of light

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh my goodness - this is a sad turnaround.
    WANTED:
    Drawing of the Three #255
    Gunslinger #255
    Charlie the Choo Choo - #255

Did you guess it was me? becca69 has a reputation beyond repute becca69 has a reputation beyond repute becca69 has a reputation beyond repute becca69 has a reputation beyond repute becca69 has a reputation beyond repute becca69 has a reputation beyond repute becca69 has a reputation beyond repute becca69 has a reputation beyond repute becca69 has a reputation beyond repute becca69 has a reputation beyond repute becca69 has a reputation beyond repute becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope P.L. pulls through.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Geeze, this is like Goodfellas losing out to Analyze This. Sad!

(Hoping Kill Bill can make a comeback)

Rabid Billybumbler St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Geeze, this is like Goodfellas losing out to Analyze This.
    Whoa...did that really happen?
    I hired Donald Trump to fire people like Yovanovitch.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nah. I'm just being a pill. Making an analogy about how *I* see the relative worth of the two films. To me, Kill Bill is leaps and bounds better than Pan. Just so you know, my original analogy was going to be Toy Story vs. The Brave Little Toaster. Ha!

Servant of Gan RUBE is a jewel in the rough RUBE is a jewel in the rough RUBE is a jewel in the rough RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not sure what to pick here. I like Kill Bill as a whole better than Pan's Labyrinth but this is not the "volume" I would have voted through. I think I am leaning PL over the live-action anime portion of KB.

Breaker Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Grumpy
    Country
    Country Flag

Pans Labyrinth for me.

Servant of Gan DoctorZaius is a glorious beacon of light DoctorZaius is a glorious beacon of light DoctorZaius is a glorious beacon of light DoctorZaius is a glorious beacon of light DoctorZaius is a glorious beacon of light

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

C'mmon Bill!!!
    WANTED:
    Drawing of the Three #255
    Gunslinger #255
    Charlie the Choo Choo - #255

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. Pan's Labyrinth moves on and Kill Bill: Volume 1 is eliminated.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast