Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stephen King's universe is now canon to the DC Universe

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Stephen King's universe is now canon to the DC Universe

https://www.cbr.com/hill-house-dc-ba...king-universe/
    Earlier this year, acclaimed horror writer Joe Hill announced he would team up with DC for Hill House, a new line of pop-up horror miniseries. The first title, Basketful of Heads, hit stands last week, and it already looks like there will be some surprises in the coming issues.

Per a tweet from the official DC Nation account, it looks like Hill's flagship entry is set not far from one of his father Stephen King's most famous locales.

Not only is "Shawshank Prison" clearly emblazoned on the side of a paddy wagon in the comic book image, but "Derry County, Maine" can be seen directly underneath. Derry, of course, is a setting in many of Stephen King's works, most notably It.

Shawshank is also the setting of the iconic novella and film The Shawshank Redemption, but only time will tell if these Easter eggs will factor into the story in any significant way or if they will remain fun finds for eagle-eyed readers.

Written by Joe Hill with art by Leomacs and covers from Reiko Murakami, Basketful of Heads tells the story of "June Branch, a young woman trapped with four cunning criminals who have snatched her boyfriend for deranged reasons of their own. Now she must fight for her life with the help of an impossible 8th-century Viking axe that can pass through a man’s neck in a single swipe -- and leave the severed head still conscious and capable of supernatural speech." Issue #1 is now on sale.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This comic isn't really part of the DC universe canon-wise.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, the DC multiverse then, I guess. All DC comics (and other media) are all part of the same multiverse.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I think this qualifies as “homage” rather than implying that King’s work is now part of DC.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Clicbait
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Country
    Country Flag

I guess tongue in cheek doesn't really come across in text

+ Reply to Thread