30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batman Begins

15 50.00%
  • Pan's Labyrinth

15 50.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - 2000s: Round 5 - Group 5 of 16

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Also by my count, stated votes are as follows -

Pany's Labyrinth - 4
    BB - 2
    I count 3 for Batman Begins: myself, Mattrick and St. Troy.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Pan's Labyrinth for me.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Absolutely a beautiful film, while BB is a mess. As a huge Batman fan it was a disappointment. All the fight scenes are unwatchable and for a Batman movie that's kinda important.
    A mess? Begins is great.
    Begins is FAR from a mess. Lol
    Yeah seriously, what? I don't understand what's messy about it.
    Do you remember how the action scenes were filmed? They're unwatchable. You can't tell what's happening at all when Batman is fighting someone. That's not how you film action.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Absolutely a beautiful film, while BB is a mess. As a huge Batman fan it was a disappointment. All the fight scenes are unwatchable and for a Batman movie that's kinda important.
    A mess? Begins is great.
    Begins is FAR from a mess. Lol
    Yeah seriously, what? I don't understand what's messy about it.
    Do you remember how the action scenes were filmed? They're unwatchable. You can't tell what's happening at all when Batman is fighting someone. That's not how you film action.
    Mostly I remember there not really being very much real action in Batman Begins. Most of the Batman stuff is done off screen with the exception of a handful of fights. That said I don't really find Batman Begins all that interesting of a movie, probably because I find the Batman origin story done to death, even though this is the only real time it's been done in a movie. I know people love to hate The Dark Knight Rises, but I find it a much more interesting movie than Batman Begins.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Under an hour to go and we're still sadly tied. I obviously hate to decide this on stated votes but oh well. Here's the official tally so far:

BB: St. Troy, divemaster, Mattrick (3)
    PL: Heather19, fernandito, DanHocker, mae, Tommy, T-Dogz_AK47, DoctorZaius, M_O_O_N, Still Servant (9)

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed tied. Based on stated votes, Pan's Labyrinth moves on and Batman Begins is eliminated.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hell yeah!

Watch PL get paired up with TDK next tho.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I need to watch PL again one day. I remember loving the artistry yet feeling like I just wasted 2 hours after watching it.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Hell yeah!

Watch PL get paired up with TDK next tho.
    Don't even say it!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I need to watch PL again one day. I remember loving the artistry yet feeling like I just wasted 2 hours after watching it.
    My thought exactly. The story itself was pretty stupid.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

What?! It's such a heartbreaking story. Out of curiosity what didn't you like about it?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    What?! It's such a heartbreaking story. Out of curiosity what didn't you like about it?
    I don't remember specifically. I just know it rubbed me the wrong way. I've got the 2-disc SE DVD on my shelf, and when I watched it I went through all the bonus features and commentary also. I appreciate the film-making and the vision I guess, but I recall being really put off by the actual movie (plot and characters). I'm sure I'll watch it again. I rewatch all my DVDs, good, bad, or indifferent, at some point.

I'll be curious to hear if your opinion changes if you rewatch it. I know it was nothing like what I expected it to be going in.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    It was utterly pointless from my recollection. None of it ended mattering because
    Spoiler:
    everyone died and in a way where I was just left thinking... well, what the heck was the point of all that? It just felt like Del Toro didn't have an ending so he went for shock value. It's been years since I've seen it so I might like it better the second time. But from my lone experience is just a 3/5
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2