Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Horror-thon 2019

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Friday - Crawl
    Sat.- 3 from Hell
    Sun. - Dogtooth (not horror & probably the "Scariest" of the 3)

Crawl good?
    Looks like you're in for a good movie weekend. I saw--and enjoyed--Crawl. I was surprised, though, because it wasn't played up as campy like I thought it would be. It's a very straight, serious (but fun) suspense/thriller. I think you'll enjoy it. And you'll have to let me know how 3 From Hell is. I'm hoping to get to that one soon.

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Fright Night was written and directed by Tom Holland. He also co-wrote the screenplay and directed Child's Play and directed Thinner. So it's horror that you can smile at while watching.
    Interesting. I like both of those--I think Thinner doesn't get enough credit as one of the better King adaptations--so maybe I'll give it a shot soon. I just checked On Demand and it's free.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

And when you finally watch the last Insidious, I'm going to stand up and do a slow clap for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Watch Fright Night Ricky!

And I think I probably started Haunting of Hill House maybe 3 times over the past year? But I never made it thru the first episode for some reason. Once I did however, I was hooked. I'm glad to hear it gets better as it goes on. I think I'm only 3 episodes in at the moment.
    Man, you guys just made me remember that I never finished Haunting of Hill House. I started it last year around Halloween and never watched all of it.
    I need to finish it this season. I did enjoy what I saw.

Fright Night was written and directed by Tom Holland. He also co-wrote the screenplay and directed Child's Play and directed Thinner. So it's horror that you can smile at while watching.
    Interesting. I like both of those--I think Thinner doesn't get enough credit as one of the better King adaptations--so maybe I'll give it a shot soon. I just checked On Demand and it's free.
    Do it, Ricky! Fright Night is a fun 80's horror flick.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

list so far

Oct 19 Paranormal Activity 4 2012 $$
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So I somehow got Matt to watch Sleepaway Camp with me this weekend. I forgot how funny that movie was And then we rewatched Friday the 13th part 2. I might go ahead and watch a few more of those. I think I've seen a few more of them but I can't remember what happens beyond that one.

Also we had our annual pumpkin carve off and I decided to do a Pennywise pumpkin this year
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw your pumpkin on Facebook and I immediately knew it was Pennywise! Did you use a pattern? If not, that was pretty good.

And I really disliked Sleepaway Camp when I watched it a few years ago.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

list so far

Oct 21 The Barn 2017 * $$ (crowdfunded low budget, so I valued it on a different scale)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I saw your pumpkin on Facebook and I immediately knew it was Pennywise! Did you use a pattern? If not, that was pretty good.

And I really disliked Sleepaway Camp when I watched it a few years ago.
    Thanks! I did it free hand based off of one I saw online. And Sleepaway Camp is so ridiculously bad that's it super entertaining. I think it might have traumatized Matt though

Country
    Country Flag

The main thing that sticks out in my mind about it is that "What the hell?" ending.

And is that the one where they film the campers playing almost an entire baseball game?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

list so far

Oct 22 An Incident On and Off A Mountain Road 2005 $$$ (one of the best Master of Horror movies)

The main thing that sticks out in my mind about it is that "What the hell?" ending.

And is that the one where they film the campers playing almost an entire baseball game?
    Yes The kid even complains at one point after a few people die that there's not enough kids left to get a real game going

list so far

Oct 22 An Incident On and Off A Mountain Road 2005 $$$ (one of the best Master of Horror movies)
    One of my favorites from that series.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

So I somehow got Matt to watch Sleepaway Camp with me this weekend. I forgot how funny that movie was And then we rewatched Friday the 13th part 2. I might go ahead and watch a few more of those. I think I've seen a few more of them but I can't remember what happens beyond that one.

Also we had our annual pumpkin carve off and I decided to do a Pennywise pumpkin this year
    I've never seen Sleepaway Camp, but looked it up just now. The synopsis on IMDB cracked me up. "Angela Baker, a traumatized and very shy young girl, is sent to summer camp with her cousin. Shortly after her arrival, anyone with sinister or less than honorable intentions gets their comeuppance."

And I've gotta hop on Facebook to see your pumpkin!

So Jacob watched his first scary movie last night- Silver Bullet. Not only was it his first scary movie, but also his first taste of anything Stephen King. He really really enjoyed it, which makes me super happy.

Country
    Country Flag

Yes The kid even complains at one point after a few people die that there's not enough kids left to get a real game going
    I don't remember that line.

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    anyone with sinister or less than honorable intentions gets their comeuppance."[/I]
    Oh no, not comeuppance!

So Jacob watched his first scary movie last night- Silver Bullet. Not only was it his first scary movie, but also his first taste of anything Stephen King. He really really enjoyed it, which makes me super happy.
    That's awesome! I'm trying to get my cousin (who's Jacob's age) into more scary stuff, but he's scared of the plush Michael Myers I have at home so...baby steps.

I have gotten him interested in more of the "real" shows, like Ghost Adventures and Paranormal Caught On Camera, so that's a start!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

I've never seen Sleepaway Camp, but looked it up just now. The synopsis on IMDB cracked me up. "Angela Baker, a traumatized and very shy young girl, is sent to summer camp with her cousin. Shortly after her arrival, anyone with sinister or less than honorable intentions gets their comeuppance."

And I've gotta hop on Facebook to see your pumpkin!
    You need to watch it! It's a gem of a film Honestly if you like really bad cheesy films then you'll enjoy it. And the ending is without a doubt one of the most insane things I've ever seen.

And that's awesome that Jacob liked Silver Bullet

That's awesome! I'm trying to get my cousin (who's Jacob's age) into more scary stuff, but he's scared of the plush Michael Myers I have at home so...baby steps.

I have gotten him interested in more of the "real" shows, like Ghost Adventures and Paranormal Caught On Camera, so that's a start!
    Haha. Baby steps for sure!
    Jacob had zero interest in anything "scary" until he watched Stranger Things with me recently. I think he was mostly interested in the 80's vibe, which led to him being interested in seeing an 80's horror flick. I'm still taking baby steps myself though because although I grew up on horror movies, I'm unsure on which ones I feel are safe for him. haha
    A few nights ago, he said to me "You know what I want to see one day? The original IT movie." It made me super happy, but super unsure at the same time.

And that's cool that you've gotten your nephew into the paranormal stuff! That's gotta be a gateway to the harder scary stuff.
    You're doing it, Ricky!

You need to watch it! It's a gem of a film Honestly if you like really bad cheesy films then you'll enjoy it. And the ending is without a doubt one of the most insane things I've ever seen.

And that's awesome that Jacob liked Silver Bullet
    Man, reading you and Ricky's exchanges up there about it had me laughing, so I'm gonna HAVE to find it to watch.

And I'm already trying to plan what scary movie to get Jacob to watch next.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I just found out last night that my youngest daughter has never seen the original IT movie.

I said something about Stuttering Bill and she had no idea who I was talking about. She also didn't know the phrase "He thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the ghosts".

I know my other 2 kids have seen it. The bathroom scenes scared them so much that ever since then, they take one of our cats in the bathroom with them anytime they take a shower.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I just found out last night that my youngest daughter has never seen the original IT movie.

I said something about Stuttering Bill and she had no idea who I was talking about. She also didn't know the phrase "He thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the ghosts".

I know my other 2 kids have seen it. The bathroom scenes scared them so much that ever since then, they take one of our cats in the bathroom with them anytime they take a shower.
    Scary/Risky showing old King TV miniseries to young people. We love them but time has not been kind to most of them. Ha! If they get wrapped up in the nostalgia you are safe. Good luck!

seeking: ANYTHING DT related #246
    Dead Zone 1st Edition F/F or NF/NF
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

This is funny, but not funny at the same time. haha

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Scary/Risky showing old King TV miniseries to young people. We love them but time has not been kind to most of them. Ha! If they get wrapped up in the nostalgia you are safe. Good luck!

seeking: ANYTHING DT related #246
    Dead Zone 1st Edition F/F or NF/NF
    Yeah, I remember being scared by the original IT miniseries as a kid, but haven't seen it in SO long that I feel like I need to rewatch it before sharing it with my kid. Not just to gauge the scare factor, but to gauge the crap factor before exposing him to it.

Country
    Country Flag

Jacob had zero interest in anything "scary" until he watched Stranger Things with me recently. I think he was mostly interested in the 80's vibe, which led to him being interested in seeing an 80's horror flick.
    Ah, okay. That kind of makes sense since it's not horror horror. Plus, with having so many kid characters I would think it makes it more accessible and relatable to kids.

And about his comment about wanting to see the IT miniseries, that kid is clearly going places.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Ah, okay. That kind of makes sense since it's not horror horror. Plus, with having so many kid characters I would think it makes it more accessible and relatable to kids.
    Exactly. It was the perfect introduction. To be honest, I had a feeling that Stranger Things would lead to him actually caring about other "scary" things. On the outside, I played it cool, all: "Your're interested in Stranger Things? Let's check it out to see if you like it." One the inside, I was all: "HE'S GONNA LOVE THIS SHOW AND IT'S GONNA MAKE HIM WANT TO WATCH OTHER SCARY THINGS, WHICH WILL LEAD TO WANTING TO READ STEPHEN KING AND OH MAN, EVERYTHING IS ALIGNING PERFECTLY."

And about his comment about wanting to see the IT miniseries, that kid is clearly going places.

Man, I hope so! Your kid wanting to see something King related is definitely a happy parent moment.

Country
    Country Flag

One the inside, I was all: "HE'S GONNA LOVE THIS SHOW AND IT'S GONNA MAKE HIM WANT TO WATCH OTHER SCARY THINGS, WHICH WILL LEAD TO WANTING TO READ STEPHEN KING AND OH MAN, EVERYTHING IS ALIGNING PERFECTLY."
    As you rub your hands together mischievously.

And speaking of King and Iwritecode's It post earlier, we were doing a lesson on character traits today and one of the kids said something like, "Clowns are scary," with scary being the character trait. Then another kid said, "Actually, Pennywise really isn't a clown. It's final form is a giant spider. Nerd alert." These are third graders!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

That's awesome

Country
    Country Flag

I finally watched 3 From Hell last night. I enjoyed it, though I'd rank it a little lower than Devil's Rejects, which is still my favorite of the three. I loved the faux documentary at the beginning, all the jail scenes, and how Baby was even more nuts this time around (both scary and sad). And the addition of Foxy didn't bother me like I thought it might. It seemed like he fit right in with the family, like he'd been there all along. I thought it was a little slow in parts, but overall it was fun. After Lords of Salem and 31, I'm glad this was so much better. I guess Rob Zombie has a special place in his heart for these characters, because they're definitely the most interesting out of all his films, I think.

Also, I watched the Making Of featurette on the DVD and it cut off abruptly at the 30 minute mark, so I Googled it and it turns out the full 4-part documentary is only on the Blu-Ray (the DVD only has the first part)!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

So glad you enjoyed it Ricky! Did I tell you when I saw it in theaters that it was also supposed to show the making of documentary. But weirdly the documentary cut off part way in. I'll have to pick up the blu-ray so I can watch the whole thing. Surprised they didn't include the whole thing on the dvd.

Country
    Country Flag

I remember you saying you saw the documentary, and as it cut off while I was watching it I was thinking, "Damnit, Heather got to see the whole thing." Haha. But I guess not!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast