Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Halloween Horror-thon 2019

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Nope! How far in did you see. We got maybe 20ish min? Not sure how much we missed. It cut off when they were rolling joints
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

list so far

Oct 24 The Black Cat 2007 $$ (another masters of horror)
    Oct 27 Crawl 2019 * $
    Oct 28 Gothika 2003 * $$$
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

list so far

Oct 29 Hell House, Llc 2015 $$$$ (that's right, 4)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Nope! How far in did you see. We got maybe 20ish min? Not sure how much we missed. It cut off when they were rolling joints
    Yes! That's exactly where it cut off on the DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    list so far

Oct 24 The Black Cat 2007 $$ (another masters of horror)
    Oct 27 Crawl 2019 * $
    Oct 28 Gothika 2003 * $$$
    I enjoyed Crawl. It wasn't campy like I was expecting it to be.

Like every year, there's still so many more movies I want to get to that I know I won't have time for: Eli, Happy Death Day 2 U, Pet Sematary. Maybe we extend the season another few days?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Yes! That's exactly where it cut off on the DVD. :rofl
    Ah! Maybe they were showing us a dvd version of the film then. I heard people complaining to management when we left and they seemed baffled that it was cut off. Weird though, you would think they would have the proper version to show in the theaters.

Maybe we extend the season another few days?
    Or the whole year...

We should do one for each holiday or season. I know there's lots of Christmas ones I want to watch this year

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    One the inside, I was all: "HE'S GONNA LOVE THIS SHOW AND IT'S GONNA MAKE HIM WANT TO WATCH OTHER SCARY THINGS, WHICH WILL LEAD TO WANTING TO READ STEPHEN KING AND OH MAN, EVERYTHING IS ALIGNING PERFECTLY."
    As you rub your hands together mischievously.

And speaking of King and Iwritecode's It post earlier, we were doing a lesson on character traits today and one of the kids said something like, "Clowns are scary," with scary being the character trait. Then another kid said, "Actually, Pennywise really isn't a clown. It's final form is a giant spider. Nerd alert." These are third graders!
    Damn! Impressive AND unsettling.

Maybe we extend the season another few days?
    Or the whole year...

We should do one for each holiday or season. I know there's lots of Christmas ones I want to watch this year
    Yes! We should totally do a Christmas-Watch-a-Thon Thread.

Cheer-a-Thon?

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Ricky;1171264]
    I enjoyed Crawl. It wasn't campy like I was expecting it to be.

Like every year, there's still so many more movies I want to get to that I know I won't have time for: Eli, Happy Death Day 2 U, Pet Sematary. Maybe we extend the season another few days?
    I thought it was a well acted and filmed movie, but having grown up in Florida, I felt like the director (who I enjoy a few of his other movies) took the idea of "What's Florida known for, hmm, alligators and hurricanes (specifically CAT 5 hurricanes), let's do this." and threw all logic out the window. It was filmed all in Serbia by Serbian's and the director is French, I don't think they had their facts we quite right.
    My wife thought it was going to be like Sharknado, I wish it had of been.
    also

Over all, it just didn't work for me. I was drinking while watching it though, and that did help me laugh through most of it.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Wrong Thread
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ah! Maybe they were showing us a dvd version of the film then. I heard people complaining to management when we left and they seemed baffled that it was cut off. Weird though, you would think they would have the proper version to show in the theaters.
    Yeah, that's strange that they wouldn't just show the whole thing, unless they wanted to use it as a money-grab for people to buy the Blu-Ray. At the very least, they should've had something on the screen to let you know that it wasn't the full documentary.

Or the whole year...

Yes! We should totally do a Christmas-Watch-a-Thon Thread.

Cheer-a-Thon?
    Oh, that's a good idea! It'll help ease the post-Halloween depression.

So do you guys mean just Christmas movies in general, or Christmas horror movies?

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    My wife thought it was going to be like Sharknado, I wish it had of been.
    also
    I thought it would be Sharknado-like as well.

And I agree with you about your spoiler. That explanation was a little silly.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

I was talking about Christmas Horror movies, but there are tons of regular Christmas movies I love to watch all year, plus there is the Hallmark channel which has already started showing their holiday movies

Country
    Country Flag

I was thinking of you watching those Hallmark Christmas movies when you posted earlier! My mom's already watching them.

What Christmas horror are you looking at so far? The only one I have on my radar is the re-make of Black Christmas coming out.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

I want to see the new Black Christmas and rewatch the original one. I also love to rewatch Krampus every year. I also have Silent Night Deadly Nighy on my list for this year. And maybe I'll finally break down and buy Inside.

And at least I have my limits. I have to wait until after Halloween before I start watching my Hallmark Christmas movies

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I was talking about Christmas Horror movies, but there are tons of regular Christmas movies I love to watch all year, plus there is the Hallmark channel which has already started showing their holiday movies
    Hallmark KILLS me with their Christmas stuff. It starts earlier and earlier every year. "Oh, summer is over? Time to start the Christmas movies."

And you guys are gonna have to direct me to some good Christmas horror movies. Krampus is the only one I've seen.

Country
    Country Flag

I want to see the new Black Christmas and rewatch the original one. I also love to rewatch Krampus every year. I also have Silent Night Deadly Nighy on my list for this year. And maybe I'll finally break down and buy Inside.
    I wasn't a big fan of the original Black Christmas, but the re-make looks intriguing so I'll probably see it. And I also like to do Krampus every year. I watched a good one last year called Red Christmas with Dee Wallace. I'd recommend it for sure. It was really well done.

And I just looked up the synopsis for Silent Night, Deadly Night ("An orphan raised by nuns grows up to be a killer toy-store Santa Claus") and I officially need to see it now.

Hallmark KILLS me with their Christmas stuff. It starts earlier and earlier every year. "Oh, summer is over? Time to start the Christmas movies."

And you guys are gonna have to direct me to some good Christmas horror movies. Krampus is the only one I've seen.
    You might like Better Watch Out. I enjoyed it, but it has a reveal halfway through that totally changes the movie that I personally didn't care for.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

I'll have to add both of those to my Christmas horror list. I haven't seen either of them.

Last night we opted to stay in. Watched Halloween and then I watched episode 6 of Haunting of Hill House. Man that episode was insanely creepy and the best yet. It's the one that's
    Spoiler:
    filmed primarily in the funeral parlor as the family reunites.

Country
    Country Flag

Is that the one with the Bent-Neck Lady? If so, that's definitely one of my favorites.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Watching Incident in a Ghostland tonight. Any good?

looking for: The Terror S/L,
    Dead Zone 1st/1st F or NF, Boy's Life S/L
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Is that the one with the Bent-Neck Lady? If so, that's definitely one of my favorites.
    Nope, that was the one before.
    Spoiler:
    This one was filmed all in the funeral parlour and went between that and their house one night during a storm and creepy stuff happens.

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, okay. It sounds familiar now.

On the TV front, I still haven't gone back to Sabrina since I watched the first two episodes. It's just not calling me to continue. And I'm not enjoying this season of The Purge nearly as much as I did last season.

I might watch the new Pet Sematary, Eli, or Happy Death Day 2 U tonight to keep the Halloweening going.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

list so far

I didn't actually have a chance to watch anything on Halloween.
    Nov 1 Killer Klowns From Outerspace 1988 $$

Non horror
    Oct 30 The Art of Self-Defense 2019 * $$$
    Nov 2 Spiderman Far From Home 2019 * $

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5