+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 243

Thread: The Official 2020 Oscar Discussion/Contest Thread

  1. #101
    OnlychildIllinoisChicago Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    7,809
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Is anyone one else freaking out that there's significantly less time between nominations and the show this year? And less time to fit in everything I need to see!
    Nope. I've seen almost everything except 1917.

    Best Actress is fairly strong this year. There aren't many slots open as at least 3 are locks. I would love for Lupita Nyong’o to get a nomination for Us. She did double duty and I thought she was just fantastic. Nyong’o was also a breath of fresh air in the under the radar zombie flick Little Monsters. Really strong year for her.


    My Best Actress predictions:

    Renee Zellweger - Judy
    Scarlett Johansson - Marriage Story
    Charlize Theron - Bombshell
    Saoirse Ronan - Little Women
    Awkwafina - The Farewell

  2. #102
    Bojack Horseman fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    My own self pity
    Posts
    19,825
    My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Is anyone one else freaking out that there's significantly less time between nominations and the show this year? And less time to fit in everything I need to see!
    Yes. This is around the time me and my brothers do our Oscar Nomination Gauntlet where we watch like 3 movies in one day. We haven't been able to properly plan it because of the no-nominations yet, although we should probably just use the Golden Globes as a barometer.

    Also I saw 1917 last night and it's freaking bad ass.
    I'm responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast!

    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm just nodding my head the whole time thinking "ok, stop now, please."

  3. #103
    Elsewhere Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    7,940
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Nope. I've seen almost everything except 1917.
    Well you're just too cool for school then, aren't you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I would love for Lupita Nyong’o to get a nomination for Us. She did double duty and I thought she was just fantastic. Nyong’o was also a breath of fresh air in the under the radar zombie flick Little Monsters. Really strong year for her.
    Remember when, years ago before 12 Years a Slave, you said that you didn't see her having much of a career besides 12 Years?

    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Yes. This is around the time me and my brothers do our Oscar Nomination Gauntlet where we watch like 3 movies in one day. We haven't been able to properly plan it because of the no-nominations yet, although we should probably just use the Golden Globes as a barometer.

    Also I saw 1917 last night and it's freaking bad ass.
    I love Oscar marathoning. I'm waiting for AMC to announce the Best Picture Showcase schedule after noms on Monday. Hopefully my local AMC is participating again.

    And 1917 is sure picking up some steam.
    "No, my friend, not you. You don’t belong here. Come with me. You belong with the special ones." - Octavio Coleman Esq.

  4. #104
    OnlychildIllinoisChicago Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    7,809
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

    Remember when, years ago before 12 Years a Slave, you said that you didn't see her having much of a career besides 12 Years?
    I actually don't remember saying that. I don't doubt I said it, but I would love to see that conversation.

    Best Supporting Actor Predictions:

    Brad Pitt - Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    Al Pacino - The Irishman
    Joe Pesci - The Irishman
    Tom Hanks - A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
    Willem Dafoe - The Lighthouse

    Dafoe isn't showing up on a lot of lists, but he's been a favorite among the Academy in recent years nabbing nominations for The Florida Project and At Eternity's Gate. I haven't seen either one of those, but I find it near impossible that his performance in those two films is better than The Lighthouse. The only unfortunate part is the fact that Pattinson can't get nominated too. He's every bit Dafoe's equal in The Lighthouse.

  5. #105
    Elsewhere Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    7,940
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    I can't believe I found it.

    "As for Lupita, I don't want to sound like a Debbie Downer, but Lupita's career peaked last night and it will be downhill from here. I hope she proves me wrong, but I don't make the rules. Hollywood is not exactly kind to young, African American women. I can't wait to see what kind of path she chooses in the wake of hear Best Supporting Actress award."

    From the 2014 Oscars thread.
    "No, my friend, not you. You don’t belong here. Come with me. You belong with the special ones." - Octavio Coleman Esq.

  6. #106
    Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    25,573
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default


  7. #107
    Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    25,573
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default


  8. #108
    Live it. webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    14,484
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

    Remember when, years ago before 12 Years a Slave, you said that you didn't see her having much of a career besides 12 Years?
    I actually don't remember saying that. I don't doubt I said it, but I would love to see that conversation.

    Best Supporting Actor Predictions:

    Brad Pitt - Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    Al Pacino - The Irishman
    Joe Pesci - The Irishman
    Tom Hanks - A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
    Willem Dafoe - The Lighthouse

    Dafoe isn't showing up on a lot of lists, but he's been a favorite among the Academy in recent years nabbing nominations for The Florida Project and At Eternity's Gate. I haven't seen either one of those, but I find it near impossible that his performance in those two films is better than The Lighthouse. The only unfortunate part is the fact that Pattinson can't get nominated too. He's every bit Dafoe's equal in The Lighthouse.
    Pacino was the worst part of (actors) Irishman. He doesn’t deserve to be there.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

  9. #109
    OnlychildIllinoisChicago Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    7,809
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    I thought he was the best part of the film! That's what makes the world go round, I guess!

  10. #110
    OnlychildIllinoisChicago Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    7,809
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I can't believe I found it.

    "As for Lupita, I don't want to sound like a Debbie Downer, but Lupita's career peaked last night and it will be downhill from here. I hope she proves me wrong, but I don't make the rules. Hollywood is not exactly kind to young, African American women. I can't wait to see what kind of path she chooses in the wake of hear Best Supporting Actress award."

    From the 2014 Oscars thread.
    Nice find, Ricky! I I would argue that her career has been downhill since winning the Oscar! Hard to top that.


    I will say that she has certainly chosen the right roles.

  11. #111
    OnlychildIllinoisChicago Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    7,809
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    I'd love to see Scarlett Johansson get nominated in the Best Supporting Actress category as well for Jojo Rabbit. I think she has a real possibility of that happening too. My guess is that she misses out. I think Pugh grabs the spot, which makes me happy because I'm a really big fan. I would prefer a nomination for her amazing performance in Midsommar, but this will have to do.

    Best Supporting Actress Predictions

    Laura Dern - Marriage Story
    Margot Robbie - Bombshell
    Jennifer Lopez - Hustlers
    Annette Benning - The Report
    Florence Pugh - Little Women

  12. #112
    Live it. webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    14,484
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I'd love to see Scarlett Johansson get nominated in the Best Supporting Actress category as well for Jojo Rabbit. I think she has a real possibility of that happening too. My guess is that she misses out. I think Pugh grabs the spot, which makes me happy because I'm a really big fan. I would prefer a nomination for her amazing performance in Midsommar, but this will have to do.

    Best Supporting Actress Predictions

    Laura Dern - Marriage Story
    Margot Robbie - Bombshell
    Jennifer Lopez - Hustlers
    Annette Benning - The Report
    Florence Pugh - Little Women
    I think she is better than Lopez. I don’t think she deserves a spot


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

  13. #113
    Going Slap Happy Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South Park, Colorado
    Posts
    8,099
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I can't believe I found it.

    "As for Lupita, I don't want to sound like a Debbie Downer, but Lupita's career peaked last night and it will be downhill from here. I hope she proves me wrong, but I don't make the rules. Hollywood is not exactly kind to young, African American women. I can't wait to see what kind of path she chooses in the wake of hear Best Supporting Actress award."

    From the 2014 Oscars thread.
    Nice find, Ricky! I I would argue that her career has been downhill since winning the Oscar! Hard to top that.


    I will say that she has certainly chosen the right roles.

    While she's a bigger name and no doubt made so much more money, she went from a fantastic performance in a best picture winner to voicing a CGI character with assholes for eyes. US was the first thing I've seen her in since 12 Years a Slave where I remembered she's a damn good actress.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

  14. #114
    OnlychildIllinoisChicago Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    7,809
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I'd love to see Scarlett Johansson get nominated in the Best Supporting Actress category as well for Jojo Rabbit. I think she has a real possibility of that happening too. My guess is that she misses out. I think Pugh grabs the spot, which makes me happy because I'm a really big fan. I would prefer a nomination for her amazing performance in Midsommar, but this will have to do.

    Best Supporting Actress Predictions

    Laura Dern - Marriage Story
    Margot Robbie - Bombshell
    Jennifer Lopez - Hustlers
    Annette Benning - The Report
    Florence Pugh - Little Women
    I think she is better than Lopez. I don’t think she deserves a spot
    Yeah, but you didn't like Jojo, so I wouldn't think you would say she's deserving.

  15. #115
    OnlychildIllinoisChicago Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    7,809
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I can't believe I found it.

    "As for Lupita, I don't want to sound like a Debbie Downer, but Lupita's career peaked last night and it will be downhill from here. I hope she proves me wrong, but I don't make the rules. Hollywood is not exactly kind to young, African American women. I can't wait to see what kind of path she chooses in the wake of hear Best Supporting Actress award."

    From the 2014 Oscars thread.
    Nice find, Ricky! I I would argue that her career has been downhill since winning the Oscar! Hard to top that.


    I will say that she has certainly chosen the right roles.

    While she's a bigger name and no doubt made so much more money, she went from a fantastic performance in a best picture winner to voicing a CGI character with assholes for eyes. US was the first thing I've seen her in since 12 Years a Slave where I remembered she's a damn good actress.
    She had small roles in Non-Stop and Black Panther, but it seems like she was focusing on voice over work, lending her voice to characters in Star Wars and Jungle Book.

  16. #116
    Live it. webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    14,484
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I'd love to see Scarlett Johansson get nominated in the Best Supporting Actress category as well for Jojo Rabbit. I think she has a real possibility of that happening too. My guess is that she misses out. I think Pugh grabs the spot, which makes me happy because I'm a really big fan. I would prefer a nomination for her amazing performance in Midsommar, but this will have to do.

    Best Supporting Actress Predictions

    Laura Dern - Marriage Story
    Margot Robbie - Bombshell
    Jennifer Lopez - Hustlers
    Annette Benning - The Report
    Florence Pugh - Little Women
    I think she is better than Lopez. I don’t think she deserves a spot
    Yeah, but you didn't like Jojo, so I wouldn't think you would say she's deserving.
    Scarlet is a tremendous actor. She was good in that despite my displeasure with the movie.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

  17. #117
    Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    25,573
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Five minutes till the announcement begins:

    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...=1#post1179636

  18. #118
    Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    25,573
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Goddammit, The Farewell completely shut out. No Zhao Shuzhen, no Awkwafina, no original screenplay. What bullcrap

  19. #119
    Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    25,573
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    I would've also loved to see JLo and Song Kang-ho get recognition, but alas... Very happy for Antonio Banderas, that movie made me cry at the end, beautiful performance, but no way he wins.

  20. #120
    Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    25,573
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Here's the list:

    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...g-live-1267880
    The nominations for the 92nd Academy Awards were unveiled Monday morning.

    The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced nominees in 24 categories. John Cho and Issa Rae were on hand to announce the nominations, with nine films up for best picture.

    For the second year in a row, the Oscars will go hostless. ABC Entertainment president Karey Burke made the announcement last week when speaking at the Television Critics Association's winter press tour in Pasadena. "Let me confirm it now, together with the Academy, that there will be no traditional host this year," Burke said, stressing the ceremony would repeat what worked last year.

    The 92nd Academy Awards will be held Sunday, Feb. 9, airing on ABC as part of the network's long-term agreement with the Academy.

    Best Picture
    1917 (Universal)
    Ford v Ferrari (Fox)
    The Irishman (Netflix)
    Jojo Rabbit (Fox Searchlight)
    Joker (Warner Bros.)
    Little Women (Sony)
    Marriage Story (Netflix)
    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (Sony)
    Parasite (Neon)

    Actor in a Leading Role
    Antonio Banderas (Pain and Glory)
    Leonardo DiCaprio (Once Upon a Time in Hollywood)
    Adam Driver (Marriage Story)
    Joaquin Phoenix (Joker)
    Jonathan Pryce (The Two Popes)

    Actress in a Leading Role
    Cynthia Erivo (Harriet)
    Scarlett Johansson (Marriage Story)
    Saoirse Ronan (Little Women)
    Charlize Theron (Bombshell)
    Renée Zellweger (Judy)

    Actress in a Supporting Role
    Kathy Bates (Richard Jewell)
    Laura Dern (Marriage Story)
    Scarlett Johansson (Jojo Rabbit)
    Florence Pugh (Little Women)
    Margot Robbie (Bombshell)

    Actor in a Supporting Role
    Tom Hanks (A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood)
    Anthony Hopkins (The Two Popes)
    Al Pacino (The Irishman)
    Joe Pesci (The Irishman)
    Brad Pitt (Once Upon a Time in Hollywood)

    Directing
    Bong Joon Ho (Parasite)
    Sam Mendes (1917)
    Todd Phillips (Joker)
    Martin Scorsese (The Irishman)
    Quentin Tarantino (Once Upon a Time in Hollywood)

    Adapted Screenplay
    The Irishman (Steven Zaillian)
    Jojo Rabbit (Taika Waititi)
    Joker (Todd Phillips & Scott Silver)
    Little Women (Greta Gerwig)
    The Two Popes (Anthony McCarten)

    Original Screenplay
    1917 (Sam Mendes & Krysty Wilson-Cairns)
    Knives Out (Rian Johnson)
    Marriage Story (Noah Baumbach)
    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (Quentin Tarantino)
    Parasite (Bong Joon Ho & Jin Won Han)

    International Feature Film
    Corpus Christi (Poland)
    Honeyland (North Macedonia)
    Les Miserables (France)
    Pain and Glory (Spain)
    Parasite (South Korea)

    Production Design
    1917
    The Irishman
    Jojo Rabbit
    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    Parasite

    Film Editing
    Ford v Ferrari (Andrew Buckland & Michael McCusker)
    The Irishman (Thelma Schoonmaker)
    Jojo Rabbit (Tom Eagles)
    Joker (Jeff Groth)
    Parasite (Jinmo Yang)

    Cinematography
    1917 (Roger Deakins)
    The Irishman (Rodrigo Prieto)
    Joker (Lawrence Sher)
    The Lighthouse (Jarin Blaschke)
    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (Robert Richardson)

    Visual Effects
    1917
    Avengers: Endgame
    The Irishman
    The Lion King
    Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

    Costume Design
    Jojo Rabbit
    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    The Irishman
    Joker
    Little Women

    Sound Mixing
    1917
    Ad Astra
    Ford v Ferrari
    Joker
    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

    Sound Editing
    1917
    Ford v Ferrari
    Joker
    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

    Original Score
    1917 (Thomas Newman)
    Joker (Hildur Guðnadóttir)
    Little Women (Alexandre Desplat)
    Marriage Story (Randy Newman)
    Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (John Williams)

    Documentary Feature
    American Factory (Netflix)
    The Cave (National Geographic)
    The Edge of Democracy (Netflix)
    For Sama (PBS)
    Honeyland (Neon)

    Documentary Short Subject
    In the Absence
    Learning to Skateboard in a Warzone (If You’re a Girl)
    Life Overtakes Me
    St. Louis Superman
    Walk Run Cha-Cha

    Makeup and Hairstyling
    1917
    Bombshell
    Joker
    Judy
    Maleficent: Mistress of Evil

    Animated Feature Film
    How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (Dreamworks)
    I Lost My Body (Netflix)
    Klaus (Netflix)
    Missing Link (United Artists Releasing)
    Toy Story 4 (Pixar)

    Animated Short Film
    Dcera (Daughter)
    Hair Love
    Kitbull
    Memorable
    Sister

    Live-Action Short Film
    Brotherhood
    Nefta Football Club
    The Neighbors’ Window
    Saria
    A Sister

    Original Song
    "I Can't Let You Throw Yourself Away" (Toy Story 4) — Randy Newman
    "(I'm Gonna) Love Me Again" (Rocketman) — Elton John & Bernie Taupin
    "I'm Standing With You" (Breakthrough) — Diane Warren
    "Into the Unknown" (Frozen 2) — Robert Lopez & Kristen Anderson-Lopez
    "Stand Up" (Harriet) — Joshuah Brian Campbell & Cynthia Erivo

  21. #121
    Live it. webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    14,484
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Dammm. SO I count 11 for Joker???
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

  22. #122
    Bojack Horseman fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    My own self pity
    Posts
    19,825
    My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Parasite, 1917, or Hollywood; the winner will come out of those 3...
    I'm responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast!

    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm just nodding my head the whole time thinking "ok, stop now, please."

  23. #123
    Live it. webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    14,484
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Parasite, 1917, or Hollywood; the winner will come out of those 3...
    Or Joker... leading the pack with 11 noms. I would not discount that film.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

  24. #124
    Bojack Horseman fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    My own self pity
    Posts
    19,825
    My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    It's possible, but the academy does not look favorably on awarding the highest prize to a CBM. Phoenix might win for BA, Philips might win for BD, but if I was a betting man my money would not be on Joker winning BP.
    I'm responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast!

    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm just nodding my head the whole time thinking "ok, stop now, please."

  25. #125
    Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    It's possible, but the academy does not look favorably on awarding the highest prize to a CBM. Phoenix might win for BA, Philips might win for BD, but if I was a betting man my money would not be on Joker winning BP.
    I'm with you here. I honestly don't think it matters how good Joker is. I think 1917 is probably the safe bet. Because Oscar's voting is "ranked choice" I feel like 1917 has enough broad appeal to land itself in at least everyone #2 or #3 spot, which ultimately would give it the Oscar.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts