+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mount Rushmore of Movie Thread

Rebel Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19's Avatar

Bummer that Rebecca wasn't included in that set. That's my favorite Hitchcock film, and one of my favorite films ever made. I can't recommend it enough.
    "Only the gentle are ever really strong."

Rebel Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19's Avatar

Mount Rushmore of Alfred Hitchcock

Rebecca
    Rear Window
    Strangers on a Train
    Psycho

That was really hard, and I might even switch out Psycho for Shadow of a Doubt.

Can Toi Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy's Avatar

Mount Rushmore Scorsese
    Mean Streets
    Taxi Driver
    Raging Bull
    Goodfellas

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Mount Rushmore of Alfred Hitchcock

Rebecca
    Rear Window
    Strangers on a Train
    Psycho

That was really hard, and I might even switch out Psycho for Shadow of a Doubt.
    I'm pretty much 100% in alignment with that.

An agent of chaos. fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool

A Hitchcock list without Vertigo is invalid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm just nodding my head the whole time thinking "ok, stop now, please."
    I used to think my life was a tragedy. Now I realize, it's a comedy.

Can Toi Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy's Avatar

Mount Rushmore of Francis Ford Coppola
    Apocalypse Now
    The Godfather
    The Godfather Part II
    The Conversation

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I tried my Hitchcock and couldn't get the last two just right but Vertigo was definitely one of the four, still working on it....

Mount Rushmore of Billy Wilder
    Sunset Blvd.
    Some Like it Hot
    Double Indemnity
    Ace in the Hole

Mount Rushmore of Carl Theodor Dreyer
    The Passion of Joan of Arc
    Ordet
    Gertrud
    Day of Wrath

Mount Rushmore of Charlie Chaplin
    City Lights
    Modern Times
    The Great Dictator
    (And I could not decide between the Circus and The Gold Rush so I thought I'll let the IMDB Scores give me the last spot but they are both rated the same number of 8.2 but after much consideration I will go with )
    The Circus

Mount Rushmore of Kubrick
    The Shining
    Dr. Strangelove
    Paths of Glory

Mount Rushmore of Haneke
    Benny's Video
    The Seventh Continent
    Cache
    The White Ribbon

Mount Rushmore of Dario Argento
    Deep Red
    Suspiria
    Tenabrae
    Inferno

Mount Rushmore of Ridley Scott
    Alien
    Blade Runner
    Black Hawk Down
    Kingdom of Heaven Director's Cut

(I know someone will have a totally different list on this one, ha!)

Mount Rushmore of Ingmar Bergman
    The Seventh Seal
    Persona
    Fanny and Alexander
    Winter Light

But have you seen all the movies I listed? Vertigo is mid tier Hitchcock for me. It's got some cool stylish shots, but he's definitely got better films.

Let the festivities begin Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Mount Rushmore of Kurosawa Films

1. Seven Samurai
    2. Yojimbo
    3. Stray Dog
    4. Ran

Mount Rushmore of Steven Spielberg Films

1. Jurassic Park
    2. Saving Private Ryan
    3. Schindler's List
    4. Minority Report

Mount Rushmore of Alfred Hitchcock Films

1. Psycho
    2. Rope
    3. North by Northwest
    4. Birds

Mount Rushmore of Stanley Kubrick Films

1. The Killing
    2. Full Metal Jacket
    3. The Shining
    4. A Clockwork Orange

Let the festivities begin Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Sunset Blvd.
    Some Like it Hot
    Double Indemnity
    Ace in the Hole
    I cheered when I saw Ace in the Hole on your list! Nobody ever talks about that film. Douglas is so good and the film is surprisingly timely.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Sunset Blvd.
    Some Like it Hot
    Double Indemnity
    Ace in the Hole
    I cheered when I saw Ace in the Hole on your list! Nobody ever talks about that film. Douglas is so good and the film is surprisingly timely.
    It was either that or Witness for the Prosecution. Tough choices!

An agent of chaos. fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    But have you seen all the movies I listed? Vertigo is mid tier Hitchcock for me. It's got some cool stylish shots, but he's definitely got better films.
    All except Rebecca. I'm sure it's great, but Vertigo is his masterpiece. There's a lot of interesting psychological subtext that has been unearthed over the decades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm just nodding my head the whole time thinking "ok, stop now, please."
    I used to think my life was a tragedy. Now I realize, it's a comedy.

Guardian of the Beam MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Mellow

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Sunset Blvd.
    Some Like it Hot
    Double Indemnity
    Ace in the Hole
    Ace in the hole is a fantastic movie. I loved every minute of it.
    I'm a Rebel in the F.D.G

Mount Rushmore of Woody Allen
    Manhattan
    Annie Hall
    Crimes and Misdemeanors
    Stardust Memories

Mount Rushmore of Akira Kurosawa
    Rashomon
    Ran
    Ikiru
    Seven Samurai

Mount Rushmore of Orson Welles
    Citizen Kane
    Touch of Evil
    Chimes at Midnight
    The Trial

Mount Rushmore of Robert Bresson
    Pickpocket
    A Man Escaped
    Au hasard Balthazar
    Diary of a Country Priest

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast