Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King and Joe Hill appearing together...

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Got the second email with confirmation and saying sorry for the site crashes.
    I also got my flights and the hotel reservation
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Clown on the Bus Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm taking my failure to secure one as a sign! Definitely saved some money, LOL.

Dan
    Good health to all!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I asked on their FB page when a person can receive an email from an actual bookseller confirming or denying their order.
    Myself, I'm not booking flights and stuff without truly being confirmed. I would hope they have it sorted out by the end of the day.

Gunslinger Apprentice BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about

How easy is it to get to Somerville from Boston? I was thinking I'd fly up on Thursday and stay a couple nights with my wife.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They oversold the event
    My order number is 50239 and I got the confirmation email just now

People report order number 50800.... so the confirmation/completed email is what you are looking for

Traveler stm08007 will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

The people who already got "second confirmations"-- what order number were you and roughly when did you place your order? (presumably their order numbers are just sequential)

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Mine is 50649 - completely expecting a cancellation.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stm08007 View Post
    The people who already got "second confirmations"-- what order number were you and roughly when did you place your order? (presumably their order numbers are just sequential)
    The link went live 30 seconds before noon. I was 2 steps into the process at 12:00 pm, so I had some “advantage “. Completed the order around 12:15 pm

Traveler stm08007 will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stm08007 View Post
    The link went live 30 seconds before noon. I was 2 steps into the process at 12:00 pm, so I had some “advantage “. Completed the order around 12:15 pm
    that's semi reassuring... hopefully you were one of the first--- my order is well within 300 of yours

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Haven’t gotten a second email. Does anyone know how many tickets were available?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No email confirmation, but money has been deducted from my account. So not sure what that means. My guess is that a lot of happy people are in for a real disappointment. But at least we get to avoid Boston with its hellish traffic and roads.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Haven’t gotten a second email. Does anyone know how many tickets were available?
    If I had to venture a guess I would say 2-300 deluxe tickets.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

<------50553

Gunslinger Apprentice BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about

My order number was 50223 if that helps anyone.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn’t book anything. I just heard they oversold but over 400 tickets. Lol I would definitely wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got the stock email saying they oversold, and to wait for a confirmation email before making travel plans.

Gunslinger Apprentice billstand is just really nice billstand is just really nice billstand is just really nice billstand is just really nice

Dear Readers,

From Porter Square Books--

First of all, our sincerest apologies for all of the frustration we caused by the crash of our website. We had been assured that it would be able to handle the traffic and clearly that was not the case. With the crash of the site, the stock settings failed as well and so many more orders were placed than we have tickets. We understand that's even worse than not getting through at all and again we apologize.

Here's the important info: You will get a SECOND email from a bookseller to confirm your purchase of a ticket or tickets. If you are making any travel plans, please wait until you have got that SECOND email. We are working through the orders as they were received and hope to fulfill all of those soon.

Those of you who were mistakenly sold a ticket or tickets, again we apologize. We know how angering it can be to feel as though you were that close to seeing one of your heroes. You will get an email with the cancellation notice later today after we have processed the other orders.

Again, we apologize. Thank you all for your patience and support.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BadHatHarry View Post
    How easy is it to get to Somerville from Boston? I was thinking I'd fly up on Thursday and stay a couple nights with my wife.
    The Somerville Theater is in Davis Square, right down the street from the Davis subway stop on the Red Line. The Red Line goes right through Downtown Boston so, assuming you're okay with the subway, it would be quite convenient.

Country
    Country Flag

50298 got confirmation email

Just to confirm, the second "you did it!" email is the one that says:

Congratulations! We have completed your order for 2 deluxe tickets to our event with Stephen King and Joe Hill in October. You will be getting an email closer to the event with more specific information and instructions. We will not be shipping the signed copies, so you must attend to pick up the books. We apologize for any frustration the site crash caused. Thank you for shopping with Porter Square Books. Best, Dina

Right? Given that it's both Friday the 13th and they had some earlier issues, I'd like to be 100% sure before spending a couple thousand bucks on flights and hotels.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    The Somerville Theater is in Davis Square, right down the street from the Davis subway stop on the Red Line. The Red Line goes right through Downtown Boston so, assuming you're okay with the subway, it would be quite convenient.
    Oh, that's awesome. I'd rather not rent a car. How long is the ride?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Just got the stock email saying they oversold, and to wait for a confirmation email before making travel plans.
    Yep seen that. I didn’t get tickets but hope all my brothers here did. Wasn’t in the cards for me this time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    Oh, that's awesome. I'd rather not rent a car. How long is the ride?
    Depends on where you stay, but if you were at the lovely Omni Parker Hotel near Park Street, it would be about 20 minutes. If you stayed in Cambridge near Harvard, it would be 10 minutes.

Country
    Country Flag

Just to confirm, the second "you did it!" email is the one that says:

Congratulations! We have completed your order for 2 deluxe tickets to our event with Stephen King and Joe Hill in October. You will be getting an email closer to the event with more specific information and instructions. We will not be shipping the signed copies, so you must attend to pick up the books. We apologize for any frustration the site crash caused. Thank you for shopping with Porter Square Books. Best, Dina

Right? Given that it's both Friday the 13th and they had some earlier issues, I'd like to be 100% sure before spending a couple thousand bucks on flights and hotels.
    That’s the email
    Also look at your order and you’ll see this

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine was 50220 and I got in at roughly 11:58AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast