Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King and Joe Hill appearing together...

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Reading some of the posts here....it feels like a lot of folks feel that had the site worked properly, they would have gotten tickets.....and that is not necessarily the case.

I know it sucks that some people got confirmations only to then get an email saying that they didn't actually get tickets........but at the end of the day not getting tickets is not getting tickets....no matter how it happens.
    Exactly - not so much here but the Facebook thread is hysterical - the entitlement, the whining, the crying. Pitiful. Here, fine, whatever - it's a thread devoted to complaining, and that's fine. But in public? What is wrong with these people?

Even if the website had worked perfectly, let's say there were 300 total deluxe tickets sold - that's only 150 people who can actually buy them (assuming 2 tix per person), but figure be conservative that 1000 people were trying to sign in at that time (it was obviously far more). 850 people would *still* be out of luck.

Yeah, it sucks to get the confirmation and THEN get screwed out of the ticket. But that's just life - you were still behind those 850 people (and it was actually way more). I do agree that it made the company look bad, not so much the crashed website, but the oversold tix. When I finally got through, it said a page like "you select 2 tix but there are -74 available" and then I knew what was up. I do not believe that PSB did anything but look at the timestamp of orders. (and if you signed in 'early,' that's not cheating -everybody knows how on-sale times work).

King wrote a book about this exact mentality of covetous and entitlement - "Needful Things." Anybody who spent more than 10 minutes genuinely upset about this needs to reevaluate their perspective.

The PSB Facebook thread is great - after reading it you will not want ANYBODY to get a signed book. Screw these selfish, whiny crybabies. Somebody even brought Kaepernick into it. Morons!

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Reading some of the posts here....it feels like a lot of folks feel that had the site worked properly, they would have gotten tickets.....and that is not necessarily the case.

I know it sucks that some people got confirmations only to then get an email saying that they didn't actually get tickets........but at the end of the day not getting tickets is not getting tickets....no matter how it happens.
    Exactly - not so much here but the Facebook thread is hysterical - the entitlement, the whining, the crying. Pitiful. Here, fine, whatever - it's a thread devoted to complaining, and that's fine. But in public? What is wrong with these people?

Even if the website had worked perfectly, let's say there were 300 total deluxe tickets sold - that's only 150 people who can actually buy them (assuming 2 tix per person), but figure be conservative that 1000 people were trying to sign in at that time (it was obviously far more). 850 people would *still* be out of luck.

Yeah, it sucks to get the confirmation and THEN get screwed out of the ticket. But that's just life - you were still behind those 850 people (and it was actually way more). I do agree that it made the company look bad, not so much the crashed website, but the oversold tix. When I finally got through, it said a page like "you select 2 tix but there are -74 available" and then I knew what was up. I do not believe that PSB did anything but look at the timestamp of orders. (and if you signed in 'early,' that's not cheating -everybody knows how on-sale times work).

King wrote a book about this exact mentality of covetous and entitlement - "Needful Things." Anybody who spent more than 10 minutes genuinely upset about this needs to reevaluate their perspective.

The PSB Facebook thread is great - after reading it you will not want ANYBODY to get a signed book. Screw these selfish, whiny crybabies. Somebody even brought Kaepernick into it. Morons!
    Oh please. People have a right to be upset. I seem to recall several king releases that a few people went ballistic about since there were website issues on release.

Gunslinger Apprentice M_O_O_N has a little shameless behaviour in the past M_O_O_N's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I missed out on the tickets, too. I believe the first number I saw was -101.

But then again I missed out on tickets to the Missoula, MT "Sleeping Beauties" event in 2017, too.

I'll just drown my sorrows with the money I saved not traveling across the county with a few more books and maybe going to see Mr. Hill when he comes to Portland, OR. later this month.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post

Oh please. People have a right to be upset. I seem to recall several king releases that a few people went ballistic about since there were website issues on release.
    I agree Nick. People do have a right to be pissed. Taking the money and giving hope like that for something that so many feel so passionately about.... then to rip it away? Yep, damm right they have a right. King collecting is an emotional thing as we all know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Turn all the complainers into fertilizer and give it to King for his garden. It can be called The Garden of Entitled Narcissistic Assholes Who Wouldn't Shut the Fuck Up and Now They're Dead.

Gunslinger Apprentice M_O_O_N has a little shameless behaviour in the past M_O_O_N's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Turn all the complainers into fertilizer and give it to King for his garden. It can be called The Garden of Entitled Narcissistic Assholes Who Wouldn't Shut the Fuck Up and Now They're Dead.
    I would buy a 10 pound bag if King would sign it.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by M_O_O_N View Post
    Lol

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by M_O_O_N View Post
    Lol

I hear it's really good for growing delicious sweet corn.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It really is. It helps if you sprinkle a few complainy tears harvested at the peak hysteria stage. If we oversell by *cough* accident, we'll harvest more from the second generation.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome back rahfa....you have been missed sir!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    It's interesting that so many people think it would be an enormous burden for King to sign 400 books. To such an extent that it would even impact his ability to write. My understanding is that on the last tour King would arrive before the event and sign the 500 books to be handed out that night. Someone opens them, slides it in front of him and he signs it. Like a machine. An hour or two max and it is done. I have no illusions whatsoever that will happen though. If everyone who wanted a signed book could get one, that would be great for us but the frenzy is something that is good for the book company and King's brand. I not saying it is intentional (the dreaded conspiracy theory) but a frenzy that crashes a server is good to promote his popularity.

With that said, I've still never received a confirmation or denial email from the store. They took my money though per my bank account. So I have no idea days later where it stands although 99.9% sure I'm of luck.
    I don't think anybody here thinks it would be an "enormous burden"......he just does not want to do it and that is his prerogative.

Most of us here could probably afford to give $20 a week to a random homeless guy on the street and it would not be an enormous burden either (we've all seen each other's collections), but I doubt most of us do it.

No matter what......in either example there would be somebody who wants more.......and we all have to draw a line somewhere.
    As I said, I have no expectation whatsoever that King will sign any extra copies. He has no obligation to do so. It would be the right thing to do here but not happening. Just addressing the claim that I've seen many times that signing books is an onerous task that detracts from his ability to write. It would take him a couple of hours to sign books for those who purchased them.

btw: They still have my money and I haven't received an email. At what point do I have permission to complain?

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I would not complain at all.......as far as I am concerned you have a ticket.

Did you set up an account with them?

If you did you can check your order status and see it it says COMPLETED.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just because someone thinks that you have a ticket isn't a good reason to make non-refundable travel reservations.

Point being, confirm before spending on travel.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Out of curiosity, for those of you that had your tickets cancelled, did you see a neg number of tickets when you ordered? I never did, but was curious since some people have mentioned it.

Also I had a dream last night that I received another email from them saying that my tickets were confirmed, and hadn't been canceled. Too bad it was just a dream
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Out of curiosity, for those of you that had your tickets cancelled, did you see a neg number of tickets when you ordered? I never did, but was curious since some people have mentioned it.

Also I had a dream last night that I received another email from them saying that my tickets were confirmed, and hadn't been canceled. Too bad it was just a dream
    "A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Yes! Negative number was showing. My friend had -277.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine never showed a negative number (I had already heard about that issue and was looking), but more order was cancelled.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Posted an Interview King did for The Observer on September 8, 2019 here (post 158).

Gunslinger Apprentice BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about

Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse?

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

No, didn't see a negative.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post

The negitive numbers didn't start showing up until they stopped accepting any orders.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post

"A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes"
    I like that quote, sums it up perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by BadHatHarry View Post
    I know, I guess it was more a nightmare, it's like I was burned twice
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Mine never showed a negative number.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BadHatHarry View Post

Depends on whether or not you have to change the sheets.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post

The negitive numbers didn't start showing up until they stopped accepting any orders.

our order was accepted and paid and then declined by the book store ORDER #50725

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast