Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Stephen King and Joe Hill appearing together...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I do not know anyone that has gotten their tickets yet!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Everything will be explained in an EMAIL from Porter Square Books. Email should be sent later this afternoon.

If you bought tickets from Ticketmaster and asked for hard copy tickets you should have received them a few weeks ago.

Deluxe tickets, I printed out my confirmation number and put them in an envelope. Originally, they planned to check each individual with ID and make us wait in line. I don't think much will change with that plan. they will tell us where to go and time they open the doors.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Look forward to seeing pictures from the event and hearing all the fun stories.

Wish I could have made this trip.

Have fun everyone.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

From PORTER SQUARE BOOKS:

At the theater, we will have a Deluxe Ticket Holders table in the lobby, to the left of the entrance by the concessions stand, for deluxe ticket holders to check in. Please bring your ID and have your order confirmation number handy. We will be checking your name off of our list of deluxe ticket holders, so your name must be on our list. (Contact us directly if you’re concerned that the name on the list is not the correct one.) If you have two tickets, you must have your guest with you as you check in. Once we’ve checked you on our list, we’ll hand you a ticket for entry into the event and put a wristband on you that will allow you to pick up your books at the end of the evening.

At the conclusion of the talk, you will return to this same Deluxe Ticket Holders table in the lobby in order to pick up your signed books. You will need to show your wristband so do not remove it before the event ends! Please bear in mind that while we’ll be getting your books to you as quickly as we can, given the size of the event, there may be some wait time. (Feel free to hang out in your seats to avoid the rush of traffic when the event ends – your signed copies are guaranteed.)

Have a question you’d like to ask Stephen or Joe? We’ll have index cards on hand as you enter where you can write your questions. Make sure to get your index card to a staff member before the event begins and we’ll hand them all over to the authors, who just might choose yours!

A few reminders about our event, as per the guidelines we put out when tickets went on sale:
    • No recording or photography during the event is permitted.
    • We will not be shipping books from the event, and no late or early pick up is allowed. Everyone will get their books at the end of the evening. You must pick up your books at the event itself, in person; we’re unfortunately unable to make any exceptions.
    • All seating is general admission.
    • We will not be issuing refunds – so plan to be there!
    Please respect your fellow attendees by following these guidelines, which we’ve set in place in order to ensure that everyone has a wonderful evening surrounded by fellow fans of these brilliant writers.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

No pics? Come on! Just one at least
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am just back from 2 week holiday. I will be attending tomorrow night (as a guest) of someone here. I hope to meet/see some of you there.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like the Beantown weather is going to be a bear. Talking power outages and airport delays. Hold on to your books.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Sounds like the Beantown weather is going to be a bear. Talking power outages and airport delays. Hold on to your books.

Our flight arrived early,, Ran into a couple tdters already hope to share time with others tonight/tomorrow.
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

got in this afternoon. its grey and drizzly but so far the weather is holding.
    is there a rally point others are meeting at?
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I am just back from 2 week holiday. I will be attending tomorrow night (as a guest) of someone here. I hope to meet/see some of you there.
    My lovely wife and I fly in tomorrow, David looking forward to seeing you again, been way too long.
    Going to try and shake Ari’s hand, maybe some of that good karma will transfer.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Got to SFO a little early. On our way to Boston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Traveler stm08007 will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    From PORTER SQUARE BOOKS:

At the theater, we will have a Deluxe Ticket Holders table in the lobby, to the left of the entrance by the concessions stand, for deluxe ticket holders to check in. Please bring your ID and have your order confirmation number handy. We will be checking your name off of our list of deluxe ticket holders, so your name must be on our list. (Contact us directly if you’re concerned that the name on the list is not the correct one.) If you have two tickets, you must have your guest with you as you check in. Once we’ve checked you on our list, we’ll hand you a ticket for entry into the event and put a wristband on you that will allow you to pick up your books at the end of the evening.

At the conclusion of the talk, you will return to this same Deluxe Ticket Holders table in the lobby in order to pick up your signed books. You will need to show your wristband so do not remove it before the event ends! Please bear in mind that while we’ll be getting your books to you as quickly as we can, given the size of the event, there may be some wait time. (Feel free to hang out in your seats to avoid the rush of traffic when the event ends – your signed copies are guaranteed.)

Have a question you’d like to ask Stephen or Joe? We’ll have index cards on hand as you enter where you can write your questions. Make sure to get your index card to a staff member before the event begins and we’ll hand them all over to the authors, who just might choose yours!

A few reminders about our event, as per the guidelines we put out when tickets went on sale:
    • No recording or photography during the event is permitted.
    • We will not be shipping books from the event, and no late or early pick up is allowed. Everyone will get their books at the end of the evening. You must pick up your books at the event itself, in person; we’re unfortunately unable to make any exceptions.
    • All seating is general admission.
    • We will not be issuing refunds – so plan to be there!
    Please respect your fellow attendees by following these guidelines, which we’ve set in place in order to ensure that everyone has a wonderful evening surrounded by fellow fans of these brilliant writers.
    Was this sent to everyone? I did not get an email with this info.... (But my order did go through)
    Also never been to an event like this--- I take it that it isn't worthwhile to bring in another book in hopes that he signs books at the end?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The only reason to bring another book (any title), is if you have an inkling where you might find SK before or after the event. Getting another book signed AT the actual event is almost always impossible.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Received this email from the ABA:

We’re so sorry,
    On Friday, September 13, 2019, at noon (EST) tickets for an event with Stephen King and Joe Hill went on sale on PorterSquareBooks.com. Within minutes the Porter Square Books website crashed and remained down for almost an hour.
    The PorterSquareBooks.com website is hosted by the American Booksellers Association (ABA) as part of our IndieCommerce, e-commerce service for independent booksellers. We run the servers and the software for the Porter Square Books website. The responsibility for the September 13 PorterSquareBooks.com outage lies solely with the IndieCommerce platform.
    On behalf of Porter Square Books ABA apologizes for the inconvenience and frustration that this outage may have caused you. To show our sincere regret for this outage, we would like to offer you a $20 gift code/card.
    We’ve set up a web page just for you, where you can select a preferred independent bookstore to issue you your gift code. Once you have made your selection, you will receive a confirmation email.
    Again, our sincerest apology for this incident. If you have any questions, please feel free to email or call me.
    Kind Regards,
    Phillip Davies
    Phillip Davies | Director

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

It’s a little chilly at the end of the line but at least it’s not raining.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Eating at Oath pizzas round the corner before we go

Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger Apprentice BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about

Theater is packed already and it’s still quite a while until showtime. The line was long way early!!

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Received this email from the ABA:

We’re so sorry,
    On Friday, September 13, 2019, at noon (EST) tickets for an event with Stephen King and Joe Hill went on sale on PorterSquareBooks.com. Within minutes the Porter Square Books website crashed and remained down for almost an hour.
    The PorterSquareBooks.com website is hosted by the American Booksellers Association (ABA) as part of our IndieCommerce, e-commerce service for independent booksellers. We run the servers and the software for the Porter Square Books website. The responsibility for the September 13 PorterSquareBooks.com outage lies solely with the IndieCommerce platform.
    On behalf of Porter Square Books ABA apologizes for the inconvenience and frustration that this outage may have caused you. To show our sincere regret for this outage, we would like to offer you a $20 gift code/card.
    We’ve set up a web page just for you, where you can select a preferred independent bookstore to issue you your gift code. Once you have made your selection, you will receive a confirmation email.
    Again, our sincerest apology for this incident. If you have any questions, please feel free to email or call me.
    Kind Regards,
    Phillip Davies
    Phillip Davies | Director
    Hey Jerome,
    Was there a link to a website?
    I didn't even get this and I had the tickets in the basket but could never get confirmation.
    -K

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

No pre-show meet-ups?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow!

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm looking forward to hearing how the speaking engagement went. I imagine it was a fun night to hear those two talk.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    I'm looking forward to hearing how the speaking engagement went. I imagine it was a fun night to hear those two talk.
    Was an absolute blast. They played off each other like Laurel and Hardy. They were on stage for an hour and half. Great q&a stuff between each other. Porter Square Books said they were recording it and it would be available somewhere. Was also really cool to see some tdt.org peeps. Paul Trembley was in the house also according to Mr. King. Would have been nice to meet him.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    Very good interaction between the Father and Son. Better questions from one-another than those picked from the audience.
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast