Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King and Joe Hill appearing together...

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I think Garrell oversold his tickets and many people are going to be getting an apology/denial letter
    lol
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, Im sure i will get past this...in time. Lots and lots of time. Maybe by Christmas copies will start to show up on ebay at non-gouging prices.
    On the bright side, the trip is already booked and i do like Boston, so maybe i will finally get to meet some of you in person if there will be a pre/post gathering.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I really don't understand people who book a non-refundable trip 2 minutes after buying the tickets.

• Usually one can get the best rate at a hotel by calling them direct. I got a great rate (cheaper than Expedia) at a nice hotel within 2 miles of the venue. AAA rate with a 24 hour cancellation.
    • If I booked a flight right now (not going to do it yet-the price is unlikely to change much if at all in the next 48 hours) on Expedia, I can cancel within 24 hours with zero penalty.
    • Same deal with a rental car. 24 hours or less cancellation with no penalty.

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

...Because i wanted vacation either way, and i like visiting Boston in October.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    That I understand. I was speaking more of people who posted on their FB page about how they are screwed.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    That I understand. I was speaking more of people who posted on their FB page about how they are screwed.
    I think those people are really disappointed in themselves for and are choosing to take out their frustration on someone else.

I understand people being disappointed here but very few of the commentators actually have valid points. I think the real failure is the fact that those who had their deluxe tickets cancelled didn't even have a chance to pick up a general ticket. That was where the bookstore really failed IMO.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I received my official declination email, and my Paypal refund.

Now I just have to dress up like Garrell.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

In my life now, I'm not pessimistic, but I do prepare for the worst, and enjoy the best.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess I should be getting mine shortly.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You might think some consideration would be made to obtain a few more signed books and just sell them to folks who they oversold tickets. The book store could explain the situation to King. How difficult would that be? The event is a month away. If King signed ten extra books a day for the next month, that would cover it. On some of these recent book tours, he signed 500 or so per event (and there were multiple events). Everyone would have walked away happy. I'm sure that won't happen, though.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    You might think some consideration would be made to obtain a few more signed books and just sell them to folks who they oversold tickets. The book store could explain the situation to King. How difficult would that be? The event is a month away. If King signed ten extra books a day for the next month, that would cover it. On some of these recent book tours, he signed 500 or so per event (and there were multiple events). Everyone would have walked away happy. I'm sure that won't happen, though.
    Yeah no chance - these bookstore people think they are hot shit when it comes to these events.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Please bring an extra dress and wig. If my wife cancels are you willing to fill in for her too?

Garrell going? I met him at my first King event!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

Please bring an extra dress and wig. If my wife cancels are you willing to fill in for her too?

If I even attempted to dress like your wife and she saw a picture of me looking fat and ugly in a terrible attempt to replicate her, she would divorce you.
    Closest I could come would be this:

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Yeah no chance - these bookstore people think they are hot shit when it comes to these events.
    Not to mention that my refund will take up to 5 days to post (Paypal rules, but still).

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL, looks better than me
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh lordy....why did I click on the hidden picture......why oh why oh why?

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to all going!! I wish I was... sounds like it could be a little bit of a DT party in the house!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

If I even attempted to dress like your wife and she saw a picture of me looking fat and ugly in a terrible attempt to replicate her, she would divorce you.
    Closest I could come would be this:

Spoiler:

Too funny. I was even warned NOT to open the spooler

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It is mostly incompetence. They also have little reason to care. It is a one off type event. Most people who got screwed over are not customers of the bookstore but people from all over. Probably good intentions gone awry. King wants to help Hill and a bookstore out. He agrees to the event and leaves the details to them. They screw it up. King never knows otherwise because they are terrified of him. He shows up and does the gig. Never gives it a second thought. Thinks everyone is satisfied.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

It is mostly incompetence. They also have little reason to care. It is a one off type event. Most people who got screwed over are not customers of the bookstore but people from all over. Probably good intentions gone awry. King wants to help Hill and a bookstore out. He agrees to the event and leaves the details to them. They screw it up. King never knows otherwise because they are terrified of him. He shows up and does the gig. Never gives it a second thought. Thinks everyone is satisfied.
    I think you are completely off on your assessment and it sounds like you've never frequented an independent bookstore in your entire life.

Gunslinger Apprentice BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about

What are they supposed to do? Yeah, it sucks that their system crashed (apparently after their system folks reviewed it and said it should be fine), but it's not like they intended for that to happen. And it's not like they want bad press for themselves or King.

And most independent bookstores I know of bend over backwards and forwards to accommodate people - its why they are still around in this day and age.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Unpopular opinion: No one got "screwed over". They had 300 tickets (or whatever) to sell, and that's how many they sold. 2000 people (again, or whatever) hit the website at the same time and it crashed. Whenever something like this happens *cough*Joyland*cough* people think that they were personally jobbed. They think there should be do-over, which will only be fair if they end up with tickets. The reality is that everyone was going through the same exact thing today. The way in which the lucky ones were chosen was probably pretty darned random, and was probably the fairest way possible for choosing winners.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with your incompetence assessment (Incompetence: inability to do something successfully; ineptitude.). I disagree that they have little reason to care. I'm sure they are very unhappy with how the process went, however they have no one to blame but themselves Thus sincerely apologize and move on.

I agree that King himself (unless Marsha tells him) is unlikely to know about the fiasco, as the bookstore owners will be reticent to bring it up to the PTB in King's world. Plus, King in his new attitude about signing will flat out refuse to sign ~400 more books. He literally will be the cantankerous old man he has become and think or say "Tough Shit people. That's the new digital way. Next time go for a walk".

Gunslinger Apprentice BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about

"Next time go for a walk".
    Of all the people that shouldn't treat going for a walk lightly...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BadHatHarry View Post
    "Next time go for a walk".
    Of all the people that shouldn't treat going for a walk lightly...
    You caught the joke. Woo Hoo!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast