Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King and Joe Hill appearing together...

Gunslinger Apprentice BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BadHatHarry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BadHatHarry View Post
    How easy is it to get to Somerville from Boston? I was thinking I'd fly up on Thursday and stay a couple nights with my wife.
    The Somerville Theater is in Davis Square, right down the street from the Davis subway stop on the Red Line. The Red Line goes right through Downtown Boston so, assuming you're okay with the subway, it would be quite convenient.
    Oh, that's awesome. I'd rather not rent a car. How long is the ride?
    Depends on where you stay, but if you were at the lovely Omni Parker Hotel near Park Street, it would be about 20 minutes. If you stayed in Cambridge near Harvard, it would be 10 minutes.
    Excellent. I'll see what my wife wants to do. I assume stay in downtown so there's a bit more to do, but she may appreciate Cambridge, too.

Gunslinger Apprentice BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    Mine was 50220 and I got in at roughly 11:58AM.
    It looks like, even if you were delayed an hour, they went by when you put the tickets in your cart. My number is 3 after yours, and I had mine ready to go by 11:01.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    Mine was 50220 and I got in at roughly 11:58AM.
    We completed the process almost at the same time. I got 50221
    Confirmed tickets!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The comment section of their facebook page is more entertaining than the book. So you could order before the link was supposed to go live at noon but not after? What a disaster. Congrats to you guys, but if I were the bookstore I would kick those out of the system.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    The comment section of their facebook page is more entertaining than the book. So you could order before the link was supposed to go live at noon but not after? What a disaster. Congrats to you guys, but if I were the bookstore I would kick those out of the system.
    Are they getting blasted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I got this message:

Hi Rebecca, thanks for being in touch and for your understanding.
    We are processing orders based on when tickets were added to carts and doing our utmost to give the first people in line the best chance.
    Thanks for being in touch and for your understanding as we untangle this awful knot.
    All the best, Leila
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

What the fuck. - makes no sense whatsoever. I had tickets in my cart at 12:00 but didn’t complete an order until 12:45. How the hell do they know I had tickets in my cart at 12? Do they have my IP address or something?

How often does King do stuff like this, with his family?

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Are these oversells just for the deluxe tickets or are regular tix in jeopardy as well? I can't believe they would oversell just the deluxe by 400?!
    I haven't gotten any emails about my Ticketmaster order so I hope those are safe.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I was checking on the regular tics during this and they showed sold out very fast so I don't think they where oversold
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger Apprentice _PCC_ has a spectacular aura about _PCC_ has a spectacular aura about

Seriously! I had 10 windows open trying to get in. I had 2 in my cart at 12, but that was not the window I eventually used to get the tickets. Jeez man.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    I was checking on the regular tics during this and they showed sold out very fast so I don't think they where oversold
    Okay good! Thank you

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Okay good! Thank you
    I heard they sold out in 2 mins. I wonder how many are going to the venue in total.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

If you haven’t received a confirmation you are SOL.

From FB:

We have now fulfilled all of the orders for deluxe Stephen King/Joe Hill tickets. Everyone who ordered will eventually get an email from us confirming cancellation & refunds. It will take us a bit to get to every order. If it were up to us & we're sure Joe & Stephen would agree, everyone would get to meet their heroes, the writers who shape & enrich their lives, but that is just not possible. We apologize again. And we thank you all for your patience, understanding, & support.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

According to their website:
    Our main theatre of 876 seats is sometimes available for rental. It is both a film space and a live theater space, with a full theatrical stage. The theater seats 383 on the orchestra level and the balance of 493 seats in the balcony. For General Admission shows, capacity is reduced to 850 seats.
    I'm going to make the following bold predictions, based on nothing but pure guesswork and supposition:
    1. The "deluxe" tickets sold on the book store's website are in the orchestra section. That means they sold 383 or fewer (probably fewer, as they set aside some for themselves).
    2. The general admission tickets sold through Ticketmaster are in the balcony. I assume that reduction of 26 seats (from 876 to 850) happens because in a general admission show, the box seats aren't used. That would mean that 467 tickets were sold through Ticketmaster.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not surprised that their website wasn't able to handle the traffic. Just the nature of a small business that rarely host events with such demand. It is a bit perturbing that apparently the site went live early, but congratulations to those who tried and succeeded early. As to the Facebook comments from people who booked flights etc. they aren't going to get much sympathy from the bookstore. Same with the suggestions that SK and JH sign an extra ~400 books. Hill would probably be open to the idea, but the way King is now about signing books, he'd probably decline and have ZERO sympathy for people who made non-refundable travel 2 minutes after their "order" went through.
    It looks like I probably didn't succeed, but all I lost was an hour of time clicking refresh while I watched ESPN.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Contact me for 2 "spare" deluxe tickets, must be 2 peeps. I will be mailing my ID with them.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Jerome spoke first
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    If you haven’t received a confirmation you are SOL.

From FB:

We have now fulfilled all of the orders for deluxe Stephen King/Joe Hill tickets. Everyone who ordered will eventually get an email from us confirming cancellation & refunds. It will take us a bit to get to every order. If it were up to us & we're sure Joe & Stephen would agree, everyone would get to meet their heroes, the writers who shape & enrich their lives, but that is just not possible. We apologize again. And we thank you all for your patience, understanding, & support.
    Yes, I would boycott them but I've never heard of the store before. LOL. Now we have to attempt to unsubscribe from their newsletter that will constantly remind us of the exciting event we can't attend. We'll probably get that for the rest of our lives.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

No luck for me either. How quickly did ticketmaster tickets go? Guess I should have gone straight there. What a nightmare. I also opened up other screens the second the site crashed so I wonder if that pushed back my ticket number too?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Jerome spoke first
    Damm he was fast. I thought I was.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

He beat you and kingfan barely
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Garrell oversold his tickets and many people are going to be getting an apology/denial letter

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

According to their website:
    Our main theatre of 876 seats is sometimes available for rental. It is both a film space and a live theater space, with a full theatrical stage. The theater seats 383 on the orchestra level and the balance of 493 seats in the balcony. For General Admission shows, capacity is reduced to 850 seats.
    I'm going to make the following bold predictions, based on nothing but pure guesswork and supposition:
    1. The "deluxe" tickets sold on the book store's website are in the orchestra section. That means they sold 383 or fewer (probably fewer, as they set aside some for themselves).
    2. The general admission tickets sold through Ticketmaster are in the balcony. I assume that reduction of 26 seats (from 876 to 850) happens because in a general admission show, the box seats aren't used. That would mean that 467 tickets were sold through Ticketmaster.
    Say if these numbers are close to being correct that means they each sign at least a guaranteed 300 or more for deluxe ticket holders. I can't imagine King will sign many more than that for the random ones? Possible 400 total leaving a little over 100 for random distribution?

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I already got my confirmation awhile back
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast