Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thanks and Kudos thread

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Thanks and Kudos thread

Hi Everyone,

Thought I would start a general thread were people can send Thanks to other members for some of the nice things that they do for other people. This is definitely the friendliest and most helpful forum on the site. So want to recognize people for going above and beyond the call of duty either to another member(s) or to some charity etc.

I want to start of the thread by thanking every one who supported me after my burglary. The following people, although not complete, (and I apologize to anyone I forgot) deserve a special shout out:

David Williamson (wizardsrainbow)- for giving me a Store Credit to Betts
    annonymous member - for also giving me a store cridit to Betts
    Colin (onefathom) - for giving me a copy of Different Seasons that he was selling on Ebay. (wouldn't even let me pay for shipping)
    Josh (jsmcmullen92) - for offering to sell a copy of NIght Shift at half its value (I turned it down, but I may still take you up on it if it still stands (as a place holder until I find a good copy))
    Bill (merlin1952) - for good advice and support in a PM
    Jerome (RandalFlag) - for helping with estimates on value for insurance claim.

Some of these thanks are long overdue.

Just wanted to get this thread started since I noticed a small uptick in "disagreements" on the site over the last month.

If there is already a thread like this, then please merge.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Another call out to Colin. PM out of the blue letting me know he found a Little Sisters of Eluria gift edition #246. He knew I was looking for it even though I didn't (was not thinking about matching a gift edition).

Brian James Freeman- going out of his way to write me a letter stating that the PC Blockade Billy I purchased from him was previously owned by him so I could place it in the traycase. And a nice gift on top of that. Means a lot.

David from Betts for just being a general all- around badass! Total Class Act.

seeking: ANYTHING DT related #246
    Dead Zone 1st Edition F/F or NF/NF
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

A thanks to David for helping me out big time more than once
    Thanks to Ralph M for also helping me out by turning me on to some great deals
    Thanks to Paul and Becca for answering all of my questions. Plus the HHH proof that was totally unexpected.
    Thanks to Alec for our meaningful PM conversations
    And just thanks to anybody else I may have missed for being great and giving me encouragement.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Also I thank the new members. It is awesome seeing new collectors so excited about the hobby. Nice refresher on the fun and enthusiasm of collecting and to see the vets in here treat them so well.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

First, thank you to Mike for starting this thread and reminding us of the great people here. It’s an awesome thing you’ve done just giving us the space to celebrate the good that seems so rare nowadays. The effect is much bigger than giving simple thanks.

Secondly I’d like to thank Paul Suntup and Kim at Camelot and the anonymous individual(s) who made it possible for me to get a numbered Rosemary’s Baby and maintain my number. It’s been a horrible two years for me and my family and this was a tremendous bright spot that could not have come at a more needed time. It really knocked me flat and I’ve been thinking of ways to pay it forward ever since. That book is worth so much more to me than anything. It really made me feel like I had someone on my side after so long feeling on the outside. It was tremendous and I will forever be grateful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can I just put a perpetual post here with a shout out to Paul Suntup for always being super responsive to questions/comments/requests and generally just being very helpful and nice despite also running a publishing company full time and probably having his own life outside of books?

Also I appreciate the effort that everybody (but specifically RF) puts into the "Intriguing Stephen King Sales" thread, which has resulted in a number of great additions to my shelves and walls.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I’d like to thank Brian (861) for his help in getting me a couple of SL’s last year. Very kind of you Brian and was very much appreciated.

And thanks to Bill/Merlin for his continued friendship & kindness. My daughter Holly thanks you too, sir!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not that he needs his ego boosted, but I want to thank Paul for the traffic to the site. August used to truly be the Dog Days on the site with minimal activity. Suntup single-handedly has made August (and 11 other months) a busy time here.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Well since we’re on the topic, and in this thread, I want to give thanks to this forum and everyone on here who have supported my wild ideas, from DRE on through SE. As you know, it all began here and for that reason, I will always carry a torch for this place. Thank you!

Yours truly,
    The guy with the big ego.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Shout out to Greg (Doctor Zaius) for reaching out to me on an item he thought I might be interested in ... and he was right! (new P & J coming soon)
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Another shout out, this time to Dave (shaq). Six weeks ago he let me know that one of "my" #186's, for Sleeping Beauties, was up on eBay; I'd forgotten to request the damn thing from Mindy and ended up with 373. To make it worse I then had to pass on the ebay auction because I'd just made a big purchase. Well, it didn't sell then and six weeks later the seller put it back up as a no-reserve auction; I was high bidder on that today at just $18 over issue price. Just fired off emergency e-mail to Mindy at CD asking to change my Art Portfolio number if there's still time. Anybody need Sleeping Beauties #373? George
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I gotta give a shout out and kudo's to Ralph Mulleins (Rom 217 Caretaker), Dick Olson (Dolso) and El Jefe betterknown as (Randall Flagg) for their extended & continued support offered to me during my medical issues. Also, Dick and Ralph have been more than accommodating and generous in helping with my collection needs and just being "virtual friends". Thanks to all of you guys.

Thanks to all of those who expressed their prayers, good thoughts and everything else you so kindly expressed here!!!!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    I’d like to thank Brian (861) for his help in getting me a couple of SL’s last year. Very kind of you Brian and was very much appreciated.

And thanks to Bill/Merlin for his continued friendship & kindness. My daughter Holly thanks you too, sir!
    Just now stumbling across this thread and you're most welcome, buddy! Thank you for getting me an inscribed copy of the UK The Fireman awhile back!

Huge shout out to Ralph who has to be the most patient person on earth!

Thanks to Simon who has been amassing what's turning out to be a pretty large collection of UK editions for me for well over a year now.

Thanks to Jeff for the many "offline" conversations regarding collecting and life in general. And the awesome videos that he produces!

Thanks to all of you for offering condolences on the passing of our dog.

And I always try to thank you guys via my collection thread when you enable me lol.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks to ur2ndbiggestfan: what's better than a corny as hell comment to make a person smile.

Skoogs shows off his newest copies of Dune and Ur2nd's response:
    You Dune good!

That is funny.

As Jimmy Durante said I (he's) got a million of 'em!

Thanks for the smiles.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Well hell...

Thanks to Jerome for running this site and thanks to Simon for sending me all those books that are breaking my bookshelves from sheer weight!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Well hell...

Thanks to Jerome for running this site and thanks to Simon for sending me all those books that are breaking my bookshelves from sheer weight!
    I forgot, Simon. Thanks for reminding me, Steve!!! He has also bent my book shelves with his extremely generous help and assistance in obtaining UK editions. You rock, Simon!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Kudo's and congratulations to, Masahiro Tanaka, Gleyber Torres & the rest of the New York Yankee's taking game 1 of the ALCS 7-0!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i never would have imagined that NOT getting a ticket to the Sommerville event would turn out to be so much fun. this was not the first time that i have been lucky enough to see King speak, but it will stand out for me as the most fun i have had at one of his events.

its not something thats easy for me to admit, but i am a terrible introvert and spending time with new people can often be an awkward experience for both me and those i try to interact with. because of that, if i had gotten a ticket up-front, i likely would have quietly slipped in-to and out-of the event without speaking to anyone. after missing out on a ticket, i was recruited to be a book mule and although i was disappointed that i wouldnt have a guaranteed book, i jumped at the chance as i was grateful for the opportunity to attend the event and happy that i could help out someone else. but, i was a little anxious about attending with people i hadnt spent time with before and wasnt sure how things would work out. as it turns out, the anxiety was all-for-not as everyone i met was so welcoming and it turned out to be the best King event i have ever been lucky enough to attend. Although i met a ton of great people, there are a few i would like to acknowledge and say a special thank you to:

first, LotGuy who somehow randomly found me wandering alone on the street and and brought me over to the meet the group.
    next, Sally-Anne for making the time in line fly by with laughs and good conversation.
    then, there is Beverly Marsh for keeping the fun going and allowing me to tag along with the group after the event.
    to tippy4 and EXPLORER for sitting with me and sharing some great, fun stories.
    and finally, a special shout-out to Roseannebarr for being so kind, introducing me to everyone and just being an all-around helluva nice guy.

it was a shared interest that originally brought me here, but it is the people that continue to bring me back. thanks all for making the event so memorable.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's awesome! Glad you had such a great experience!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Over a month since a posting in here : (

but wanted to thank marcoL for his help on my Joe Hill questions. Nice/patient about it and his site is helpfull too. http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

looking for: The Terror S/L,
    Dead Zone 1st/1st F or NF, Boy's Life S/L
    ANYTHING DT Related #246

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Over a month since a posting in here : (

but wanted to thank marcoL for his help on my Joe Hill questions. Nice/patient about it and his site is helpfull too. http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

looking for: The Terror S/L,
    Dead Zone 1st/1st F or NF, Boy's Life S/L
    The site is a must for the obsessive Hill fan and Marco is a great guy!

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    i never would have imagined that NOT getting a ticket to the Sommerville event would turn out to be so much fun. this was not the first time that i have been lucky enough to see King speak, but it will stand out for me as the most fun i have had at one of his events.

its not something thats easy for me to admit, but i am a terrible introvert and spending time with new people can often be an awkward experience for both me and those i try to interact with. because of that, if i had gotten a ticket up-front, i likely would have quietly slipped in-to and out-of the event without speaking to anyone. after missing out on a ticket, i was recruited to be a book mule and although i was disappointed that i wouldnt have a guaranteed book, i jumped at the chance as i was grateful for the opportunity to attend the event and happy that i could help out someone else. but, i was a little anxious about attending with people i hadnt spent time with before and wasnt sure how things would work out. as it turns out, the anxiety was all-for-not as everyone i met was so welcoming and it turned out to be the best King event i have ever been lucky enough to attend. Although i met a ton of great people, there are a few i would like to acknowledge and say a special thank you to:

first, LotGuy who somehow randomly found me wandering alone on the street and and brought me over to the meet the group.
    next, Sally-Anne for making the time in line fly by with laughs and good conversation.
    then, there is Beverly Marsh for keeping the fun going and allowing me to tag along with the group after the event.
    to tippy4 and EXPLORER for sitting with me and sharing some great, fun stories.
    and finally, a special shout-out to Roseannebarr for being so kind, introducing me to everyone and just being an all-around helluva nice guy.

it was a shared interest that originally brought me here, but it is the people that continue to bring me back. thanks all for making the event so memorable.
    Just now seeing this! Thank you and it was a lot of fun hanging out with you! And your shirt

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to dive in here in the spirit of the holidays!
    First off thanks to Jerome and this site. Because of DT I've had some very generous gestures happen which I am grateful for. Stories to follow in a minute:
    Thanks to Brian861- the first person here to PM me and welcome me into the fold. We've since had some good conversations. Also, for posting pictures for me which brings me to Br!an for trying several times to teach me how.
    Chad and Antoni for their signature help. I've messaged them a few times away from here for their input. Thanks guys!
    The numerous people I have bought books from and who have helped with my questions. Too many to name, I hope you know who you are.
    David. That man has helped me out in more ways than one and I can't begin to express my gratitude.
    Someone who I STILL can't figure out! I'm going to finally share this story that I have eluded to in the past, specifically on the Bett's thread, that I still can't get over.
    This someone saw a post I made about just missing a signed PS that David had listed. It was my most coveted book and I couldn't seem to get one. I whined a little. Lol. A week or so later I got an email from David saying he was sending me something. Someone from this site worked with David and got me a signed(year of pub!) PS and had him send it to me. It just happened to be my birthday too. Needless to say I was stunned. This person sent a little computer smiley face that I keep right in the book. I swear there's code in there and I'm going to figure out who you are!
    Last but not least, a member here is helping me out in a big way. I was on the Dragon Rebound track but when IT became available I just couldn't swing them anymore. I hadn't really been mad at myself until I saw Cujo, one of my personal favorites, and how gorgeous and unique it was. This member has secured a copy for me for a very fair price AND is holding it for me until May so I can pay it off. Very generous of this person and I am extremely excited.

I don't know if any of the people I mentioned will see this or not. Kind of sad this thread doesn't get more action but hey, if you're still here thanks for reading

Country
    Country Flag

Seeing a pattern here: David.
    Understandable of course.

looking for: The Road #208, Hill House #'ed, RB Gift,
    Dead Zone 1st/1st
    ANYTHING DT Related #246

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Thank you, JEROME, for the the Stand plaque!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast