Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Dark Tower Football Pick Contest - Come Reap!!!

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations to Lurker for having the best picks on week 6 (13 wins!).

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. 13 is hard to do but 14 is so elusive!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I'll be. Darn those Cowboys!
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    The most elusive is the 16-0 record. Achieved only once in the dozen or more years of this contest. We have a special trophy should anyone dare do it again!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    The most elusive is the 16-0 record. Achieved only once in the dozen or more years of this contest. We have a special trophy should anyone dare do it again!
    With 32 teams in the NFL, and two with a week off each week only leaves 30 playing each week...thus only 15 games. This makes 16-0 pretty damn hard in the current era.

...or am I missing something?

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There are no byes the first few weeks, and probably the last few (too lazy to look it up), but certainly there are weeks where all teams play.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, the first few and last few weeks do not have byes. This year byes are week 4 through 12.

It would not be fair for one team to get a bye right before their first-round playoff matchup if the other team did not. This is also why there is not a Thursday game the last week of the season.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    There are no byes the first few weeks, and probably the last few (too lazy to look it up), but certainly there are weeks where all teams play.
    Thank you. I THOUGHT I had noticed that;
    for the first half of the season I am a bit distracted by the Nascar "playoffs."

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations to Spencer, doh, and Garrell for having the best picks for week 7 (11 wins!).

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd be happy for a week in double digits!

Country
    Country Flag

I'd be happy for a week in double digits!
    Amen!!!!!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I just don't know what to do with the Seahawks and the Eagles. It's almost as if they send their practice squad out every other game!

Country
    Country Flag

Week 8 saw a small handful of "lucky" 13 game winners. Congrats to Me, Lurker, BedofRoses, SkippyDO23, and RUBE!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

NK AND BoR with 13!

Must be something in the water.

Country
    Country Flag

NK AND BoR with 13!

Must be something in the water.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah...good PACNW weed?

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations to Oxcy8 and divemaster for having the best picks for week 9 (11 wins!).

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

It was a brutal week.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Time for a new lucky quarter!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quarter?

I've been using a lucky schilling all season. Maybe that's what I have been doing wrong.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    Congratulations to Oxcy8 and divemaster for having the best picks for week 9 (11 wins!).
    Thanks! I still can't believe I'm in last place here. In another contest, with 15 players, I'm in first place. In fact, I'm so far ahead that if I completely skipped the next two weeks I'd STILL be in first place! I'm running away with the damn thing! The only difference is that contest you are picking using the spread, not straight up.

Country
    Country Flag

I guess I'm glad this one is straight up - I have no clue what using the spread is. And shillings? Maybe for European games...they sure play in London a lot.
    But I have learned two things by doing this Pigskin: the negative number after a team's name is NOT how much they are expected to lose by and 19 weeks is a very looong time.

Country
    Country Flag

Every week is brutal for me, lol. I've never considered using the spread - like some of you, it's just too confusing. I like the aspect of winning or losing!

Good luck this weekend. We'll be cruising the Pacific so will be without internet for the next 10 days.

Cheers!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Have fun!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Have fun!!!
    Thanks! We're back!!!

Congratulations to Oxcy8 and gsvec for having the best picks for week 10 (8 wins!). It was a hard week to pick!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast