Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Dark Tower Football Pick Contest - Come Reap!!!

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I flipped over to see the score a few minutes ago and a coach was arguing with the zebra. My question is can they toss a coach, like in baseball?
    Anyway, if you can't get 1/2 yard that close, you deserve to lose.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    My question is can they toss a coach, like in baseball?
    Yes they can. But it doesn't happen NEARLY as often. There's not as much dirt to kick on the Ref.LOL

Usually, the huge players on his team will restrain the coach before he gets into too much trouble.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. Learn something new everyday.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Thanks. Learn something new everyday.
    Well stick around for my lecture on particle physics and it's role in string theory!!

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm. I think I'll have to go with that other adage - Never learn today what you can put off til tomorrow...

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Oooooh, I am gunning hard for that last place trophy!
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations to SpaceMaN for having the best picks on week 2 (13 wins!).

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Apparently I'm going to try to go winless on Thursday games this season. Actually I'm kind of pissed at myself because I had the Jaguars and let the "experts" talk me into the Titans right before the game.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah Rube. But I'm not so sure they saw that kid coming. The Jags' Quarterback.The man threw some seriously accurate passes. I forget his name...Gardener M..something the second.

I went with my gut and got lucky. I go with my gut often...which explains my humongous wins and unquestionable dominance in this contest every year!

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I normally go with my gut which gets me third every third year or so and middle of the pack the rest of the time. The rookie QB helped but the Jags D also put a hurting on Mariota. The way their D held Houston to so few points is why I initially was going to pick them.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Y'all must be really good pickers. I'm in 17th place. I'm using my exact same picks in another group (on Yahoo, but I'm just porting over the same picks). For that group, I'm in 3rd place!!

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations to SpaceMaN, gersto, and east-tennessee for having the best picks in week 3 (12 wins!).

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

The "Hawks looked Soooo good against the Saints eh?

As I am out of market...way out, I rarely get to see them. Not the best game to see my team.

Country
    Country Flag

So I screwed up and forgot to put in picks until mid-day. I probably have no chance to catch up to place at the top but does this also make me ineligible to "win" last place?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    So I screwed up and forgot to put in picks until mid-day. I probably have no chance to catch up to place at the top but does this also make me ineligible to "win" last place?
    Per the rules listed on the first post:

**In order to qualify for last place, you need to pick every week, however, If you mistakenly miss picking one or two games (i.e. a Thursday or Saturday game), we can do the math and, with penalties, make adjustments. To be safe, just be sure to get IN THE GAME each week and make your picks early!!!!
    The "one or two games" is an example - you are still able to go either direction, but, you would take an 8-point hit to qualify for last place. So you would have to have the lowest score +8. Does that make sense?

Country
    Country Flag

Funny thing is, I think I had a chance to make up some ground this week. I am within 4 of this week's best score and 2 of the season leader and I picked 8 less games. Oh well.

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations to rjeso for having the best picks on week 4 (9 wins!).

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=NeedfulKings;1167457]

**In order to qualify for last place, you need to pick every week, however, If you mistakenly miss picking one or two games (i.e. a Thursday or Saturday game), we can do the math and, with penalties, make adjustments. To be safe, just be sure to get IN THE GAME each week and make your picks early!!!!
    Are you going to throw out a cool, yellow flag for these penalties or do I have to throw out my red flag to have N.Y. review the picks?

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Jon;1167784]
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post

Are you going to throw out a cool, yellow flag for these penalties or do I have to throw out my red flag to have N.Y. review the picks?
    We don't need no stinking flags!

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

I can't believe I actually won a week.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Country
    Country Flag

Lots of 10-game winners for week 5! Congratulations to BedofRoses, SkippyDO23, east-tennessee, Spencer, Randall Flagg, and gsvec for having the best picks.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Breaking news.............................................. .

Spoiler:
    The Yankee's win!!!!!

The Yankee's win!!!!!!

Yankee's sweep Twins in ALDS!!!!

Bring onthe Astro's

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Breaking news.............................................. .

Spoiler:
    The Yankee's win!!!!!

The Yankee's win!!!!!!

Yankee's sweep Twins in ALDS!!!!

Bring onthe Astro's
    New York has a football team?????

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=NeedfulKings;1167932]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post

We don't need no stinking flags!

The sheriff is near!!

Country
    Country Flag

Early game from overseas tomorrow. A couple of key folks missed the Thursday pick - get in the game!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast