Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: 2019 Dark Tower Football Pick Contest - Come Reap!!!

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    I know I'm not in contention this year so I decided that I'd pick all the teams that I wanted to win this week instead of making "smart" picks. So far, 0-3. Thanks to TB for giving a win to Houston. After that I quit watching football yesterday. The only game I care about is Monday night. Go Pack go!

John
    I've been in the same boat. I needed some oddball wins to make any move and they've all failed! There's always next year!

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Geez. Arizona???

So, what is the total number of possible points? 16 x 17?
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Geez. Arizona???

So, what is the total number of possible points? 16 x 17?
    I think the possible points, if someone picked perfect (barring tie games) is 256.

It's a mad race for the trophies!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations to SpaceMaN, Randall Flagg, Ben Breeg, and Spencer for having the best picks for week 16 (12 wins!).

Last Place:
    Rube – 124 (115 plus a penalty of 9)
    Divemaster – 135 (127 penalty - 0)

All games are played Sunday. Good luck to those in the hunt!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Hmmm...let's see. If I had a top rated NFL team and decided to break a rule (for the second time) to gain an advantage over an opponent; would I choose to take that risk against the friggin' BENGALS!!!???
    And why would anyone on a top rated team feel the need to cheat. NFL needs to make a statement...

They'll pay the fine with the Superbowl winnings. THAT will teach them!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Saturday, I was pulling for the Rams against SF. I feel sooo dirty!!

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All down to the last game of the season. Couldn't ask for a better opponent. Good luck!
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Gunslinger Apprentice BedOfRoses will become famous soon enough BedOfRoses's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMaN View Post
    All down to the last game of the season. Couldn't ask for a better opponent. Good luck!
    Very exciting finish! Good luck, Aaron!
    The rose speaks of love silently, in a language known only to the heart.

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations to the trophy winners!!! We have several repeat recipients (notated in parentheses) and this is Lurker's first trophy!

First Place: SpaceMan
    (2018 Second Place, 2011 Third Place, 2008 Last Place, 2007 Last Place)

Second Place: BedOfRoses
    (2015 Second Place, 2012 First Place, 2006 Last Place)

Third Place (tie): Lurker

Third Place (tie): gersto
    (2018 Second Place, 2014 First Place)

Last Place: Rube
    (2018 Third Place, 2017 Third Place, 2014 Third Place, 2010 Third Place, 2008 Second Place, 2007 Third Place)

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to the trophy winners...... It was a fun season...
    Go Titans.......
    Special thanks to Bill for putting this game together another season......

Gunslinger Apprentice BedOfRoses will become famous soon enough BedOfRoses's Avatar

Congratulations, everyone! Special congrats to Aaron--you came on strong in the end and took first (what a final game!). Good pickin'!
    The rose speaks of love silently, in a language known only to the heart.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Whee! I am very excited!!!

Congrats to SpaceMan, BedofRoses and gersto and Rube. And much thanks to Bill.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats all
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for hosting Bill and congratulations to everyone that got a trophy.

I guess the only way for me to get something besides third is to go for last.

Country
    Country Flag

Thank all of you!!!

By the way, it looks like SpaceMaN has joined an elite group to have won all levels of the contest (1st, 2nd, 3rd, and last). If my records are correct, only SkippyDO23 has done that.

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow all 4 trophies huh. Only took me 13 years or so!

Thanks everyone. Seems the less I pay attention, the better I do at sports things. I won a fantasy league and got 2nd in another. Go figure
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations to the winners! Thanks to Bill for running the contest.

<--------------------------Puts nose to grindstone and starts working on next year.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats everyone.

Thank you once again, Bill and BoR!!

Country
    Country Flag

Trophy update: We are still in the works on ordering them. Not to worry! We have had some personal health issues with our extended family and their health has been on our minds a lot.

For those who usually participate in the NCAA tourney - you know by now that it is cancelled. I declare the Oregon State Beavers as national champs.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice call. Everyone likes Beavers!

Country
    Country Flag

Wow - time has flown Covid-style. We are still working on the 2019 trophies. Don't lose hope! And I'll get the 2020 game thread loaded this weekend. Just under a month until the first game of the season!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5