8 30.77%
  • Elf

11 42.31%
  • Bruce Almighty

7 26.92%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - 2000s: Round 2 - Group 4 of 32

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Great Movie Tournament - 2000s: Round 2 - Group 4 of 32

During the second round of The Great Movie Tournament, please vote for up to four films you would like to move onto the next round. The top four films will be moving on. Keep in mind that the percentage of the vote a given film receives will determine its standing going forward.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are (please let me know if any video doesn't play for you):

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
    Directed by Peter Jackson

Watch Trailer

Gran Torino (2008)
    Directed by Clint Eastwood

Watch Trailer

The 40-Year-Old Virgin (2005)
    Directed by Judd Apatow

Watch Trailer

8 Mile (2002)
    Directed by Curtis Hanson

Watch Trailer

Elf (2003)
    Directed by Jon Favreau

Watch Trailer

Bruce Almighty (2003)
    Directed by Tom Shadyac

Watch Trailer

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Which movie is your favorite?

Wrong. Work is your new favorite.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A NEW GAME BEGINS

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I think this is the first poll that I've had trouble narrowing down my choices. The only one this this group that I don't really care about is Gran Torino.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I think this is the first poll that I've had trouble narrowing down my choices. The only one this this group that I don't really care about is Gran Torino.
    I could've done without Eastwood's singing at the end but I love that one!

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Interesting, it's sorta the opposite for me. The only movie in this grouping I particularly care about is The Fellowship of the Ring.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Elf has become a sort of cult classic at this point.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Elf is odd; it works as a family holiday movie, but also works as a crazy Will Ferrell movie.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I've never really been a fan, but with the exception of Anchorman 1 and Talladega Nights (both are sorta nostalgic for me and I haven't actually seen them in 10+ years) I'm not really a Will Ferrell movie fan.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

The Campaign was pretty good.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The three weakest films are in the bottom, and the three strongest films are at the top. What kind of poll is this? It's not supposed to be so accurate!
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

If you mean poll placement top to bottom, it's done on cumulative percentage totals. So if this was Group 1 of 32, then the top option will be the #1 ranked film. In Group 2, the top option will be the #2 ranked film. And so on until Group 32 with the top option being the #32 ranked film. Then we get back to Group 1 and the second option is the #33 ranked film. And on, and on. So in this round, the last option of Group 32 will be the lowest ranked film (#192).

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The following four titles are moving on to the next round:
    1. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (88.46%)
    2. Gran Torino (53.85%)
    3. The 40-Year-Old Virgin (50.00%)
    4. Elf (42.31%)

And the following two titles have been eliminated:
    1. 8 Mile (30.77%)
    2. Bruce Almighty (26.92%)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

RIP Bruce Almighty.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    If you mean poll placement top to bottom, it's done on cumulative percentage totals. So if this was Group 1 of 32, then the top option will be the #1 ranked film. In Group 2, the top option will be the #2 ranked film. And so on until Group 32 with the top option being the #32 ranked film. Then we get back to Group 1 and the second option is the #33 ranked film. And on, and on. So in this round, the last option of Group 32 will be the lowest ranked film (#192).
    No I mean how can the poll be accurate with the best movies on top and the worst on the bottom.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it's by design, based on percentages.

+ Reply to Thread