+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A Guide to U.S. First Editions of Stephen King

John F. Kennedy pmkane is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Love seeing that case - the first Dark Tower one I ever made!!

Here are some more samples of cases I've built:

Hope you enjoy!!

-pmk

Maerlyn's Imp Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pmkane View Post
    I absolutly agree that in this digital world, it's as easy as looking things up online . . . but in the spirit of book collecting - real books - I thought it would be fun to put this print project together.

As with the slip cases I build, the bulk of the proceeds of this project (after printing) will be going to my daughter's high school music program. Last year, we purchased a $4K vibraphone for the concert and jazz bands soley through funds raised by selling my custom slipcases . . . this year, we've already bought them new music stands . . . and have some more things in the works, like custom printed, reusable rain ponchos for the marching band. Rather than turning our kiddos into magazine/chocolate/wrapping paper salespersons, I am tapping into an alternative form of fundraising . . .

Thank you to those who have already supported the project . . . means the world to me!

-pmk
    Cool idea, very intriguing.
    Can you share a little more depth to the project, layout, king of information you'll be providing, etc.
    Maybe share one example of one book, like a moderately difficult one.
    Is the plan to have 1 page per book.
    My apologies if this has already been covered.
    Thanks

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    I absolutly agree that in this digital world, it's as easy as looking things up online . . . but in the spirit of book collecting - real books - I thought it would be fun to put this print project together.

As with the slip cases I build, the bulk of the proceeds of this project (after printing) will be going to my daughter's high school music program. Last year, we purchased a $4K vibraphone for the concert and jazz bands soley through funds raised by selling my custom slipcases . . . this year, we've already bought them new music stands . . . and have some more things in the works, like custom printed, reusable rain ponchos for the marching band. Rather than turning our kiddos into magazine/chocolate/wrapping paper salespersons, I am tapping into an alternative form of fundraising . . .

Thank you to those who have already supported the project . . . means the world to me!

-pmk
    Can you share a little more depth to the project, layout, king of information you'll be providing, etc.
    Thanks
    The book will be 32 pages, pocket sized (3.5x5) and printed here in the US . . . As we're in the editing phase, sharing the layout isn't feasable at the moment . . . and as it's only 32 pages, it won't be one page per book.

Each book will be listed by publisher, publication year, cover artist, and cover price . . . then there will be the markers. I'll be listing stated edition, number lines, gutter codes, printing errors, dust jacket states and color of binding, boards and endpapers for each book.

Maerlyn's Imp Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post

-pmk
    Thanks
    The book will be 32 pages, pocket sized (3.5x5) and printed here in the US . . . As we're in the editing phase, sharing the layout isn't feasable at the moment . . . and as it's only 32 pages, it won't be one page per book.

Each book will be listed by publisher, publication year, cover artist, and cover price . . . then there will be the markers. I'll be listing stated edition, number lines, gutter codes, printing errors, dust jacket states and color of binding, boards and endpapers for each book.
    Thanks for sharing.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Default A fun little extra included with the project!

Something fun I am throwing in with the book project . . . a library card from Carrie's high school library . . .

Maerlyn's Imp Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Something fun I am throwing in with the book project . . . a library card from Carrie's high school library . . .

Really neat
    Wish List:
    Rage 1st/1st
    Roadwork 1st/1st

Gunslinger Apprentice kingfan2323 has a spectacular aura about kingfan2323 has a spectacular aura about kingfan2323 has a spectacular aura about kingfan2323's Avatar

I can finally chime in on an autograph authenticity opinion. That King Signature is a FAKE! Not a 1977 sig. Attack! Ha! Such a cool idea.

seeking: ANYTHING DT related #246
    Ready Plyer One Sub Press S/L
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Country
    Country Flag

"That King Signature is a FAKE! Attack! Ha! Such a cool idea. "

You guys are the best . . .

Owner Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually, that sig is pretty Damn good.

Gunslinger Apprentice kingfan2323 has a spectacular aura about kingfan2323 has a spectacular aura about kingfan2323 has a spectacular aura about kingfan2323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Actually, that sig is pretty Damn good.
    See! I cant even judge the fake ones correctly! Ughh. I'll Leave it to you guys.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Owner Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't say it was legit, just that it looked really good.

Can Toi The Library Policeman has a reputation beyond repute The Library Policeman has a reputation beyond repute The Library Policeman has a reputation beyond repute The Library Policeman has a reputation beyond repute The Library Policeman has a reputation beyond repute The Library Policeman has a reputation beyond repute The Library Policeman has a reputation beyond repute The Library Policeman has a reputation beyond repute The Library Policeman has a reputation beyond repute The Library Policeman has a reputation beyond repute The Library Policeman has a reputation beyond repute The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Country
    Country Flag

Ordered a copy looks good

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I didn't say it was legit, just that it looked really good.
    Was just kidding.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Other worlds Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool bookmark!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2