Page 71 of 332 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 171 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 8287

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

it doesnt seem to be up on the mysterious press site yet,i got it thru the OC.

Banned demorgan is on a distinguished road

I still havent heard back from PS in regards to my replacement traycase or even my slipcased HORNS..getting irritated.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

STORIES, the new anthology edited by Gaiman and Sarrantonio, is now announced on the Mysterious Press/Bookshop website. There is also a lettered edition of 26 copies. I ordered directly through them via telephone.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just won this ... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT ... any idea what the original price was for the 250 numbered edition?

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    I just won this ... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT ... any idea what the original price was for the 250 numbered edition?
    $250. Nice catch.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Good grief...and that wasn't a buy-it-now auction?

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nope it wasn't, i was expecting to pay around double that so im well happy

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

What a bargain! I paid well over £100 for mine last year. Well done Tom.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Incredible bargain. Congratulations.

Traveler SophieBatik is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    No you are not being overly picky. I would ask for a new case.
    And WHY do these people send things in the mail not properly packaged??? Seriously, they know they are sending them to collectors. Just ranting, bad packaging drives me insane. You get all excited when you see the package has arrived only to have your heart broken when you open it up.
    I agree completely. I purchased Heart-Shaped Box on eBay from a guy in England. It arrived just wrapped in brown paper, no packaging at all, with a smashed corner (amazingly that was all). I emailed him and he said, "The slipcase is the shipping box."!!! He said I could return it and he'd just resell it and get what I'd paid. He did refund the shipping costs though.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SophieBatik View Post
    "The slipcase is the shipping box."!!!
    Okay this statement should sway anyone who opposes the death penalty. At the very least surely an exception can be made.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice Lenny is on a distinguished road Lenny's Avatar

Don't know but these padded walls are NICE.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy crap tito that was a good purchase . I was excited when I got mine for only $225.
    Need first editions of:
    1.Carrie
    2.Salem's Lot
    3.The Shining
    4.Night Shift
    5.THE PASSAGE uncorrected proof

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    No you are not being overly picky. I would ask for a new case.
    And WHY do these people send things in the mail not properly packaged??? Seriously, they know they are sending them to collectors. Just ranting, bad packaging drives me insane. You get all excited when you see the package has arrived only to have your heart broken when you open it up.
    I agree completely. I purchased Heart-Shaped Box on eBay from a guy in England. It arrived just wrapped in brown paper, no packaging at all, with a smashed corner (amazingly that was all). I emailed him and he said, "The slipcase is the shipping box."!!! He said I could return it and he'd just resell it and get what I'd paid. He did refund the shipping costs though.

First off, welcome to the site.

Incredible that was the response from the seller.
    Packaging requirements often vary by size and value of the book, but a book in a padded or plain envelope is likely to be damaged.

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder what he would have said if you returned it to him the same way?

Karl

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm thinking of ordering a wooden case for both Heart.. and Horns. They're both inscribed to me and very dear to me. It would be cheaper than gettting a traycased or even slipcased version of each book off Ebay and it would look cool as hell and it'd be very unique.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    He asked me to return the entire thing to him.
    I'll keep everyone posted as to the outcome.
    I received the replacement traycase today. Mint condition. Pete even tossed in a free S/L copy of Val/Orson by Marly Youmans.

Joe just shut down the msg board on his site....that was huge punch in the gut.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

???
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

exactly...I along with a handfull of others loved that board and basically called it our digital home...His reasons for shutting it down is on his board.

Gunslinger Apprentice Lenny is on a distinguished road Lenny's Avatar

Don't know but these padded walls are NICE.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I hate to see the message board go but like the comments I left him about it, I would rather see him spend his time writing than managing a message board.
    Need first editions of:
    1.Carrie
    2.Salem's Lot
    3.The Shining
    4.Night Shift
    5.THE PASSAGE uncorrected proof

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

I was a visitor of the message board there when it first started wayyyy back when. Honestly, sometimes I go through stages where I find it hard to even keep up on this one.

It's always terribly sad when message boards close - those of you who remember dt.net know how special that one was to me... Gosh... those were the days. The sense of community I had there was overwhelming... so many friends there. Most of which carried over here, but some didn't.

I certainly do not want to make it seem like there isn't a sense of community here, because there absolutely is (even more so that I haven't given the chance to explore) and I am so thankful for this board. Getting the email from Matt to join this board before it opened was an incredible honor. I just think times were different for me then. Collecting was easier. Money was more abundant... it wasn't about how much a book was. It was about how much longer I needed to wait for it to end on eBay.

Anyway - maybe this post should be in the stream of consciousness thread but I just wanted to comment how sad it is to lose a message board that people hold dear and I am sad to hear that Joe had to close it. With that, I am sure Joe will have time to focus more on writing and for that I am thankful...

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very sad news ...

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

joe has a story in a new s/l by sub press available for pre-order now on their site.

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

anybody going to the STORIES signing in columbia university next tuesday 15th in NY? if they could get a copy signed for me by those authors attending id really appreciate it.of course id pay for the book and shipping expenses.pm please,thx.

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shnnrc01 View Post
    anybody going to the STORIES signing in columbia university next tuesday 15th in NY? if they could get a copy signed for me by those authors attending id really appreciate it.of course id pay for the book and shipping expenses.pm please,thx.
    Me too if anyone could possibly get me a signed copy i would really appreciate it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 332 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 171 ... LastLast