Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 332 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 8287

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, love the story and great photos! Glad someone here made it to Joe's Canadian debut!

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Haha thanks, Rebecca is cool but she is my sister don't worry we had problems when we went for food that the waiter thought we were together! Yeah i have never bought so many books in one go, but they weren't all for me but it was a great night
    OOpsie! Well, your sister is very pretty! LOL

And Surly glad you could meet Joe. He really is a wonderful person, it's not an act! Great pics!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Its ok lol no worries,,, did you manage to get your horns signed too???

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I dragged a friend of mine to the Toronto event. It was pretty cool. Mr. Hill seemed like a genuine, down to Earth kinda guy. He looked very tired too.

I didn't take my camera to the event but I did manage to get 8 books signed. We talked comics a little. He's a fan of Brubaker but has read nothing by Ellis. That broke my heart but he more than made up for it with his drawings/doodles and just being a stand up guy.

Goldmember Eric719691 is on a distinguished road

I just received my two Horns UK 1st/1st that I ordered through Amazon and the books are completely destroyed. I am bummed.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow thats rubbish, was there no packaging?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Eric, I'm sorry to hear that. I had my UK copy of Just After Sunset get messed up when it was first published and they asked me to return it. I did so and they sent me a fine copy.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Lenny is on a distinguished road Lenny's Avatar

Don't know but these padded walls are NICE.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Eric719691 View Post
    I just received my two Horns UK 1st/1st that I ordered through Amazon and the books are completely destroyed. I am bummed.
    I quit using amazon when i received my US edition of Horns folded in half. The book was folded completely in half...never seen anything like it before. Told amazon what they could do with their book and packaging. Sorry for your loss.

This was the first time I have had a problem with Amazon.UK, I was worried because I also had a shipment from Amazon.DE (the splitter DT comics) that the box was beat up. At least the books from Germany had some packing material to save the books. I have never seen books this badly beaten up, not quite as bad as what Lenny is saying but they both have severe creases through the book, destroyed dust jackets and torn pages.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Aw geez, Eric, that sucks.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Shameless promotion for THE HAVEN FOUNDATION charity fundraiser:

A set of three Lock & Key comic books all signed by Joe Hill

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Shhhhhh!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Oops, sorry, Brice.

For those interested parties who only look at the dtBay auction but not the related discussion thread, I just posted this:

If this thing goes over hundred bucks, I will pay for:

a) If the winner is in the U.S.:
    PRIORITY Shipping with Insurance and Delivery Confirmation. Again, on my dime not yours. So you domestic bidders can figure on an additional $10 to $15 of value.

b) If the winner is not in the U.S.:
    I have no idea anymore what it costs to ship from the U.S, except that at some point it got expensive as heck. I'll pay for the shipping.
    Of course, this set will be shipped in a box not an envelope.

I sent an email to customer service yesterday and received this resonse.
    Dear Customer

"Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk.

First of all, please allow me to apologise for the issue you have experienced with this item.

I have placed a new order #XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXX for "Horns", and it will be dispatched at no additional charge as soon as possible to the same address.

On the date of dispatch, we will notify you by e-mail at the time the order is sent out to confirm the date, contents and method of delivery."

Got confirmation today that they have already sent the books. Just hope that they are packed better this time.

Eric

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That sounds promising, Eric. Good luck!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Of course I was joking about you being quiet about it. I was just outbid though.

Spoiler:
    ...by me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Oops, sorry, Brice.

For those interested parties who only look at the dtBay auction but not the related discussion thread, I just posted this:

PRIORITY Shipping with Insurance and Delivery Confirmation. Again, on my dime not yours. So you domestic bidders can figure on an additional $10 to $15 of value.

I have no idea anymore what it costs to ship from the U.S, except that at some point it got expensive as heck. I'll pay for the shipping.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Read Horns--gotta say I really enjoyed it-great read!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi,

here are new pics from my collection inkl. some pics from Joe Hill´s German Book Blind - HSB signed on his 07 Germany promo tour.

fotos.web.de/stockerlonepics/Stephen_King_and_Friends

http://fotoalbum.web.de/gast/stocker...ng_and_Friends

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Brice, you crack me up!

Interesting stuff, Stockerlone. Thanks for sharing.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Shameless promotion for THE HAVEN FOUNDATION charity fundraiser:

A set of three Lock & Key comic books all signed by Joe Hill

OK, this is my last (relevant) comment on this auction, again quoted here for those who watch the auctions, but don't read the related auction thread:

The "Specially Bound" First Edition Hardcover of HORNS is limited to 1180 copies.

Just for fun, I've decided to send the winner of this auction the book in the pictures below.
    (As you can see, the cover has a slight ding in front lower right corner.)

Less than two days remaining. Good luck, everyone, and thanks for supporting THE HAVEN FOUNDATION!

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool of you Patrick!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome. Someone is going to win some valuable things.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Dammit...I never found one of those...but I don't need comics...did anyone else get an extra one?
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Karen, in one of the other threads, there is a recent discussion that you can buy one from VJ Books.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 332 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 ... LastLast